• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL rules prohibit coaches from making agreements, arrangements on strategy,personnel

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
in the preseason. I didn't necessarily want to just point that out, as it has been discussed quite a bit over the years, but I did want to highlight a different item.

Coaches not allowed to compare notes before preseason games | ProFootballTalk

NFL rules prohibit coaches from making any agreements or arrangements before preseason games regarding issues like personnel and strategy. The rule has been in place for years. (That said, at least one league source said the NFL is emphasizing it more than ever this year.)

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the preseason. I didn't necessarily want to just point that out, as it has been discussed quite a bit over the years, but I did want to highlight a different item.

Coaches not allowed to compare notes before preseason games | ProFootballTalk

NFL rules prohibit coaches from making any agreements or arrangements before preseason games regarding issues like personnel and strategy. The rule has been in place for years. (That said, at least one league source said the NFL is emphasizing it more than ever this year.)

Maybe that's why Saints blitzed more. Is there more cases of it around the league? I haven't watched to many preseason games.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Makes me wonder how pervasive this activity has been? Maybe Harbaugh put Williams up to all those blitz's, haha