• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL robs the Steelers

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is a healthy Steelers team showed they can beat New England, plus Joe Haden should be back for the playoffs.

Bad news, the AFC now likely goes through New England.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is a healthy Steelers team showed they can beat New England, plus Joe Haden should be back for the playoffs.

Maybe buffalo pulls a Miami on them......

Don't count the chickens yet

:lol:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a diving or sliding catch, but he was definitely falling as he caught it. He has to hang on when he hits the ground. Surely he knew that. The "eyeball test" doesn't make for a good rule.

Maybe that ruling should only be for catches in the endzone. I dunno, but that one doesn't feel right. Yes he's going down, but clearly lunges from his knees to the endzone.

Maybe you're right tho...he needs to hang on to it, either way. It was pretty unique with regards to the body control tho, and I think they may have to soon re-address what all constitutes a football move. That was quick as hell, but his body control is clearly a turn and a lunge even at that speed.

Those types of plays(like the Dez Bryant one too) seem outside of the rule's original intent to me.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That the ball only has to break the plane for a touchdown is subject to the condition that the receiver already has possession of the ball. To have possession, you have to "complete the process of the catch" by not bobbling the ball as it touches the ground, but the problem was that he did bobble the ball as it touched the ground.

I'm not defending the rule -- I think it's a bad rule -- just explaining how the rule works. Basically, it was a good call of a bad rule.
I agree, but since you quoted my statement, let me explain my thought process. There is establishing possession, and then there is maintaining possession while going to the ground. You obviously can't maintain possession until you establish possession. My understanding was, for a TD catch, he just had to establish possession and cross the plane. If he had caught the ball in the end zone, he would have had to maintain possession. I could have sworn I have seen games where this kind of play had been interpreted according to my thought process. But as I also mentioned earlier, if Dean Blandino's tweet is correct, then I am wrong.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe buffalo pulls a Miami on them......

Don't count the chickens yet

:lol:

Agreed. The Jets probably have no shot in the last game, but Buffalo has something to prove next week and a shot at the playoffs. The #1 seed is hardly in the bag, especially seeing the Steelers should be able to take care of business the last two games.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you're right tho...he needs to hang on to it, either way.

Obviously it was a catch. If he extended his arm, he obviously caught it.

So if he then drops the catch - it's not an incomplete pass. It's a fumble.

And if it's a fumble, he recovered his own fumble.

Touchdown.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The Jets probably have no shot in the last game, but Buffalo has something to prove next week and a shot at the playoffs. The #1 seed is hardly in the bag, especially seeing the Steelers should be able to take care of business the last two games.

But you never know what jets team will show up, plus they may sit guys beings the last game.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Antonio Brown injury was non contact. Hope it was minor and he gets back to 100% soon. Clean game overall. Few penalties and cheap shots. Good football.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it was a catch. If he extended his arm, he obviously caught it.

So if he then drops the catch - it's not an incomplete pass. It's a fumble.

And if it's a fumble, he recovered his own fumble.

Touchdown.

This is how it would've been ruled in the 80's/90's, and I agree.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Antonio Brown injury was non contact. Hope it was minor and he gets back to 100% soon.

Partially torn calf muscle. Out the rest of the regular season but should return for the playoffs.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True but the Pats match up better vs the Bills with Brady , think he is 28-3. W/O Brady Belichick is 4-3 vs Bills and losing record vs Jets

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not like they haven't lost there this season.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so let’s move past the no TD. It’s now 2nd
down Ben throws to a RB in the flat running
latterly to the end zone. He gets tackled
I’m bounds, clock still runnzing. 3rd down
Ben fakes a spike throws into double
coverage, INT. I think he should of thrown
2nd down pass out of the end zone. Clock
Would have stopped and he would have had two
more plays. It’s Bens fault for
trying to be cute. Pittsburg has a chance
to win. And on another note
Pittsburg was leading the whole game.
They should have never even been
in that position in the first place.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Antonio Brown injury was non contact. Hope it was minor and he gets back to 100% soon. Clean game overall. Few penalties and cheap shots. Good football.

It's a deep calf bruise.

Rowe's knee caught him straight in the calf at full speed....depends on how bad he wants to play I guess.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Partially torn calf muscle. Out the rest of the regular season but should return for the playoffs.

Ouch. I was wondering where he was. I missed quite a bit of it.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a deep calf bruise.

Rowe's knee caught him straight in the calf at full speed....depends on how bad he wants to play I guess.
There were some arms in there but I think AB stepped down awkwardly or something.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back when This first happened to Calvin Johnson.... I dont remember anyone who wasnt a Lions fan upset about it. So until the Rule changes... get over it.

I remember when that happened to Calvin. @Rollingthndr and I were like "that was bullshit!" But you're right... It's been happening ever since and sooner or later it happens to your team.

I really admire @Psych-Ward and what he's posting. He's saying "cover Gronk on the final drive and none of this matters". I agree. I'll add this: that call didn't end the game. The steelers still had two more plays AND were in FG range to tie it. Steelers homers, pats haters and idiots will gloss over this but multiple TERRIBLE play calls and decisions were made AFTER that play which allowed NE to win.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were some arms in there but I think AB stepped down awkwardly or something.

Nah, watch the reply. It was an unemotional thing but you can see Rowe's knee got him. I thought he may of just charlie horsed him honestly.