• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL robs the Steelers

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done with this ass clown.
Don't be mad Patsfan, at least you learned something about illegal lineman downfield, an exception I explained early on that you didn't want to concede in any regard because a 3X SB Champ tweeted otherwise. :dhd:

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it may revert to his entire body, much like the QB throwing a pass beyond the LOS, every part of the QB has to be completely beyond the LOS and if you look at it (I did in super slow motion) the Guard's back foot is about a yard and a half past the LOS when he engages the second defender.

At that point, I think it's really splitting hairs to argue the flag being picked up even though to the letter of the rule it was illegal. That said, the refs go by what they see on the field, and in their view it probably looked close enough by rule, and is one of those situations where they don't want to take points off the scoreboard if they weren't absolutely sure.

Besides, my whole position on 'why' they picked up the flag was speculated on the offensive lineman being legally downfield because he was engaged in a block based on that screen shot. This was the first time I actually saw the entire play as I said from the very start.

Yep - you were correct. .... and evidently even ex-LB Matt Chatham doesn't know the rules of engagement for ineligible receivers - and you have one on him too. The only weird thing is, once they lose contact they have to become stationary.

It probably would have been easier from a rules standpoint, to just keep it the way everyone thinks it is and have eligible and ineligible receivers working from the same rule set.

Just another example of how convoluted and overly complex the rule book really is.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vitamike was correct in his assumption, according to the rules... just didn't happen that way.
Thanks for that TP! :suds:

Them refs don't always see it exactly like the video cameras do, hence the need for official reviews, even then they have to say 'confirmed' or 'stands' because even the video camera may not capture the actual play.

But since they don't review penalties in the NFL we fans just have to live with the calls on the field. For me, it's a lot easier to live with when we see that it's turns out to be an infraction by ~1 yard or something like that instead of the ~5 yards shown on that twitter screen shot.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be mad Patsfan, at least you learned something about illegal lineman downfield, an exception I explained early on that you didn't want to concede in any regard because a 3X SB Champ tweeted otherwise. :dhd:
OK thanks CPT Obvious. I mean I thought he was downfield fishing:doh:glad we have you to mentor us:rolleyes2:.
Go grind your axe somewhere else you've been proven wrong here at every turn. :suds:

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for that TP! :suds:

Them refs don't always see it exactly like the video cameras do, hence the need for official reviews, even then they have to say 'confirmed' or 'stands' because even the video camera may not capture the actual play.

But since they don't review penalties in the NFL we fans just have to live with the calls on the field. For me, it's a lot easier to live with when we see that it's turns out to be an infraction by ~1 yard or something like that instead of the ~5 yards shown on that twitter screen shot.

Ok. Can you now acknowledge the Pats didn't tape the Rams walk thru!! :D

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Can you now acknowledge the Pats didn't tape the Rams walk thru!! :D
Like I said before dbldwn, too much smoke for me to not believe that this MAY have been one of the first sparks in a long dirty laundry list of a bonfire of improper video tapping practices. (I'll give you may have been, that's something, no?)

Too many good friends who are lifelong Pats fans to have an axe to grind about it though, very good people! Just not nearly enough evidence on the Pats part to change my opinion, and my Pats buddies are in relatively the same boat about their opinions just with a different Captain so to speak.
I do like your persistence though! :10:

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK thanks CPT Obvious. I mean I thought he was downfield fishing:doh:glad we have you to mentor us:rolleyes2:.
Go grind your axe somewhere else you've been proven wrong here at every turn. :suds:
I don't mind being proven wrong Patsfan (Pretty sure you do though) It provides opportunity to grow, not that everyone will.

You are a very angry cat, you threw a lot of negativity my way in our exchanges, oh well... Be who you are I guess, just so you know (Since you acknowledge me as some sort of mentor for you) it's a sign of weakness and loss of control, so you may want to rethink that.

Cheers Brother! :suds:

Hope to see both our teams in the Superbowl by seasons end!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only weird thing is, once they lose contact they have to become stationary.
I thought that was weird too...... Sationary? :wtf2:

Did you notice the exception? If they get knocked back behind the LOS after they disengage. I guess that can very well happen if you are just 'stationary' during a live play.... :pound:

(Okay, the rule actually says 'forced back' but I think if your dumbass is just standing there it's gonna be more like 'knocked' on your backside back behind the LOS :heh:)

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that was weird too...... Sationary? :wtf2:

Did you notice the exception? If they get knocked back behind the LOS after they disengage. I guess that can very well happen if you are just 'stationary' during a live play.... :pound:

(Okay, the rule actually says 'forced back' but I think if your dumbass is just standing there it's gonna be more like 'knocked' on your backside back behind the LOS :heh:)

Really they have put so much spackle trying to cover every possible contingency that they've made an absolute mess of things - they really need to go the other direction ----> rule simplification.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really they have put so much spackle trying to cover every possible contingency that they've made an absolute mess of things - they really need to go the other direction ----> rule simplification.
:agree: They want everything black and white, but I'm with you....

ec2e05d68c5a3992d1f241d280498306.jpg

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they can fix all of this by deeming everything a 'catch' even if the ball only touches the receivers' hand slightly or any part of his body in any way ...

then, when the ball drops to the ground, it is a live ball, and there will be mad chaos scrambles many times each game to try and recover the ball off the ground ...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind being proven wrong Patsfan (Pretty sure you do though) It provides opportunity to grow, not that everyone will.

You are a very angry cat, you threw a lot of negativity my way in our exchanges, oh well... Be who you are I guess, just so you know (Since you acknowledge me as some sort of mentor for you) it's a sign of weakness and loss of control, so you may want to rethink that.

Cheers Brother! :suds:

Hope to see both our teams in the Superbowl by seasons end!
Obviously your reading comprehension could use some work as well if you took my mentorship comment seriously:rolleyes2:

Keep on spinning VitaMix it's what you do well. Next time I want to have a debate with someone who didn't even see the play in question I'll be sure to look you up:thumb:

I'll be charging up my camera batteries just in case Bill needs any help for the SB walk through:spy:

Free axe grinding that way------->

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously your reading comprehension could use some work as well if you took my mentorship comment seriously:rolleyes2:

Keep on spinning VitaMix it's what you do well. Next time I want to have a debate with someone who didn't even see the play in question I'll be sure to look you up:thumb:

I'll be charging up my camera batteries just in case Bill needs any help for the SB walk through:spy:

Free axe grinding that way------->
You seem cool enough Patsfan, most Northeast folks I've run into are, so I've given you the benefit of the doubt with some of your rude comments thrown my way.

Funny you joke about my reading comprehension skills though, when you choose to engage in debate with another who admitted from the start that they didn't see the play, and based a speculation on why the refs may have picked up the flag based on that screen shot alone. You sort of act like I threw that in there midway and blindsided you with it. :brick:

Honestly though, I thought Mad Mike was to blame for losing that SB to you guys, he is a stubborn son of a gun, sort of like you, lol. :frusty:

I mean IF indeed there was more too it than just a straight up ass kicking the Pats put on the Rams, it took Martz a full 3 quarters before he figured out he needed to mix things up. And according to Rams players, they discussed at length during the long SB half time that Bill's Boyz were always in the right spot on all the plays they drew up specifically for the Super Bowl. They talked about how the New England defense checked out of their defensive set, to defensive sets that matched up perfectly on plays they had never ran in the past and had only practiced in the walk through.

Don't know if that half time report of events is true, but Martz, Faulk, Bruce & Holt all have confirmed that discussion took place at half time. Whether the Pats had a intell or not is irrelevant to me, because if your opponent is lining up perfectly to defend specific plays, then they needed to scrape those plays like they finally did & mix it up much sooner than going into the 4th quarter.

TBH I wish the Pats organization never had any controversial video tapping practices, but they have and that part can't be denied. If they never did, I could easily discredit that SB walk through allegation as much as you. The one that makes me just laugh out loud, is when Josh McDaniels got caught illegally taping the pregame walkthrough for Denver in London.

Remind me of this ....

giphy.gif

:lol:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem cool enough Patsfan, most Northeast folks I've run into are, so I've given you the benefit of the doubt with some of your rude comments thrown my way.

Funny you joke about my reading comprehension skills though, when you choose to engage in debate with another who admitted from the start that they didn't see the play, and based a speculation on why the refs may have picked up the flag based on that screen shot alone. You sort of act like I threw that in there midway and blindsided you with it. :brick:

Honestly though, I thought Mad Mike was to blame for losing that SB to you guys, he is a stubborn son of a gun, sort of like you, lol. :frusty:

I mean IF indeed there was more too it than just a straight up ass kicking the Pats put on the Rams, it took Martz a full 3 quarters before he figured out he needed to mix things up. And according to Rams players, they discussed at length during the long SB half time that Bill's Boyz were always in the right spot on all the plays they drew up specifically for the Super Bowl. They talked about how the New England defense checked out of their defensive set, to defensive sets that matched up perfectly on plays they had never ran in the past and had only practiced in the walk through.

Don't know if that half time report of events is true, but Martz, Faulk, Bruce & Holt all have confirmed that discussion took place at half time. Whether the Pats had a intell or not is irrelevant to me, because if your opponent is lining up perfectly to defend specific plays, then they needed to scrape those plays like they finally did & mix it up much sooner than going into the 4th quarter.

TBH I wish the Pats organization never had any controversial video tapping practices, but they have and that part can't be denied. If they never did, I could easily discredit that SB walk through allegation as much as you. The one that makes me just laugh out loud, is when Josh McDaniels got caught illegally taping the pregame walkthrough for Denver in London.

Remind me of this ....

giphy.gif

:lol:
:sadbron:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the TD/Non-TD play why were JJSS and James in the same place? A missed pick? Someone didn't know the play or ran the wrong route?