• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL...Not Patriots News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long it has been around has a lot to do with it. But as you mentioned, things change all the time. There are a lot of factors to consider before making changes. I don't think "we made this hard for the defense so we need to counter that with a restriction for the offense" plays into. While it may seem unfair to the defense, each team has an offense and defense so there isn't any actual unfairness to the team as a whole.

Exactly. The fact that it is unfair to all defenses equally means it's not really unfair.

What was unfair was that the offensive player was much more likely to experience a game/season/career ending injury from this play.
I was thinking more along the lines of how all the rule changes seem to benefit the offense. The league is doing what baseball did with the juiced balls, more offense means more ticket sales. I agree both teams play within the same rules, just that the league keeps making it more and more difficult for defenses.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more along the lines of how all the rule changes seem to benefit the offense. The league is doing what baseball did with the juiced balls, more offense means more ticket sales. I agree both teams play within the same rules, just that the league keeps making it more and more difficult for defenses.
I can appreciate that. I love to watch a good defensive game.

Rams/Pats II was one of my favorite Super Bowls all time.

But also look at the new kick off rule. Every kick that lands in the 0-25 yard zone MUST be returned.

This seems like golden opportunities for defenses to pin a team back or create turn overs.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can appreciate that. I love to watch a good defensive game.

Rams/Pats II was one of my favorite Super Bowls all time.

But also look at the new kick off rule. Every kick that lands in the 0-25 yard zone MUST be returned.

This seems like golden opportunities for defenses to pin a team back or create turn overs.
Yeah I guess STs can pin them back. I am not sure how I feel about this new rule I have to see it in action.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may have the same effect as a juiced ball, but is that the reason it's added? No. At least they aren't saying or even "wink, wink" implying it. It's a safety measure.

There are some other rules that seem a bit "wink, wink" like, for example the way contact to the QB is enforced.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TRADE ! ! !

Buffalo trades Stefon Diggs and 2025 and 2026 6th Round picks to

Houston for 2024 2nd Round pick (MIN)

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Arthur Blank is now wishing he hired Belichick instead of listening to his front office people who Belichick would've fired?

Blank looked seriously pissed when they chose Penix.