• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 bulls are on a hill watching a herd of cows , the young bull says hey "lets rundown there and fuck a cow " the old bull says " lets walk and fuck them all "

lets walk right now and be patient . let DQ and the coaches coach the team of players we have now and find out whether we are fools gold or something much more valuable
I hadn't heard that one since I was a youngster and it really doesn't apply to the situation because doing nothing unwisely, means you're not walking.

While it is generally true that patience is a virtue (generally beneficial) it can become a disadvantage when it leads to inaction, missed opportunities, unresolved conflicts, or negative consequences in various aspects of life. Balancing patience with timely action is often key to effective decision-making.

In other words... while those two bulls are debating how best to get their fuck on, there are 30 other bulls moving in to fuck the herd of cows while they're standing on that hill.

A better metaphor comes from Kenny Rogers... " You gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, know when to run..."

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am of the opinion that we should wait till next off season unless injuries hit . If we need help anywhere it’s on defense not so much offense . I would offer Allen or Payne straight up and see if that gets a bite if you must chew up cap space to make the playoffs but let’s not kill our ability to build further for long term sustainability rather then being swept away for a flash in the pan season .

If I am Higgins agent I am not signing any long term deals when I can profit from a bidding war . I am willing to push money on him alone rather then giving up resources (draft ) and resources then have to pay him as well
The Bengals and any potential trading partner could tag Higgins again next year, so, he wouldn't be a one-year rental. Beyond that, having him on your roster gives you 24 -7 access to him and his people. That advantage gives you the inside track on what it would take to sign him long term, not to mention what he gives you on the field.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals and any potential trading partner could tag Higgins again next year, so, he wouldn't be a one-year rental. Beyond that, having him on your roster gives you 24 -7 access to him and his people. That advantage gives you the inside track on what it would take to sign him long term, not to mention what he gives you on the field.

i have said the same thing.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I,m fine to let ap work his magic.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is tagging him twice , no one and trading picks for him to potentially walk is foolish

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is tagging him twice , no one and trading picks for him to potentially walk is foolish
Ladies and gentlemen, (in my best southern drawl) I do believe that we have someone here posing as @dad! There was a time when our fearless leader believed in using the tag, twice if necessary and I demand a full investigation by the 'SportsHoopla internal affairs department. :pound::D

1727905295090.png