• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to pass on Olave or Hamilton

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a huge gamble to bring that type of personality into that locker room. It would definitely open things up for everyone, but would Adams be okay being a cog and not the focal point?

Could anyone keep pace with us?

That contract is not pretty. Definitely have to restructure. If the Raiders were willing to settle for a 3rd..........

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a huge gamble to bring that type of personality into that locker room. It would definitely open things up for everyone, but would Adams be okay being a cog and not the focal point?

Could anyone keep pace with us?

That contract is not pretty. Definitely have to restructure. If the Raiders were willing to settle for a 3rd..........
McLaurin, Adams, Noah Brown, McCaffrey not including our tightends and running backs who would stop us

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I see the jets snatching him up

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wait a week, just to see if the Bengals lose against Baltimore. At 1-4 I believe the fire sale begins and targeting Higgins (he's 25 years old) would be my first option.
Remember guys and lady, this team is still rebuilding and having a 25 year old top of the line WR added not only gives them this year but at least 3-4 more.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wait a week, just to see if the Bengals lose against Baltimore. At 1-4 I believe the fire sale begins and targeting Higgins (he's 25 years old) would be my first option.
Remember guys and lady, this team is still rebuilding and having a 25 year old top of the line WR added not only gives them this year but at least 3-4 more.
I am of the opinion that we should wait till next off season unless injuries hit . If we need help anywhere it’s on defense not so much offense . I would offer Allen or Payne straight up and see if that gets a bite if you must chew up cap space to make the playoffs but let’s not kill our ability to build further for long term sustainability rather then being swept away for a flash in the pan season .

If I am Higgins agent I am not signing any long term deals when I can profit from a bidding war . I am willing to push money on him alone rather then giving up resources (draft ) and resources then have to pay him as well

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not make that deal. We already scoring Pts why make a deal for Adam's if you need wr then who gets the boot crowder??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am of the opinion that we should wait till next off season unless injuries hit . If we need help anywhere it’s on defense not so much offense . I would offer Allen or Payne straight up and see if that gets a bite if you must chew up cap space to make the playoffs but let’s not kill our ability to build further for long term sustainability rather then being swept away for a flash in the pan season .

If I am Higgins agent I am not signing any long term deals when I can profit from a bidding war . I am willing to push money on him alone rather then giving up resources (draft ) and resources then have to pay him as well
So, you'd wait until next year to get into a bidding war for essentially the same result?
This year is important, some of us already know what we have, the players are already buying into what's possible this year and there's a faint light in the tunnel metaphorically speaking, if this team adds an edge and a WR, that light brightens exponentially.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you'd wait until next year to get into a bidding war for essentially the same result?
This year is important, some of us already know what we have, the players are already buying into what's possible this year and there's a faint light in the tunnel metaphorically speaking, if this team adds an edge and a WR, that light brightens exponentially.
I agree I'm not saying giving up a 1st or 2nd round pick but we do not know who will even be available next offseason why are you not trying to win now next year may be different who knows

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I'm not saying giving up a 1st or 2nd round pick but we do not know who will even be available next offseason why are you not trying to win now next year may be different who knows
I'm not willing to give up a 1st or 2nd either! Adams is not the player that he was in his more youthful years but he is still a pretty good player likely gained via a 3rd or conditional 4th. Higgins has far more upside and a trade for him also puts Washington in the driver's seat to keep him. They (Bengals/Washington) could, if no extension is reached franchise tag him again next year. Right now a 4th, even a conditional 4th could net him. Putting him on the open market might push that price to a 3rd now, and a bidding war for him as a free agent, skyrockets his asking price. Btw; an dynamic edge makes this defense more dangerous and improves the secondary. Adding a corner doesn't do as much to the defensive back field as someone who can instantly and consistently put pressure on opposing QBs.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a rumor of redskins going after CB Herndon