• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you there, but they won a bunch of come from behind games where they other team just choked. The non call on Samuel in the endzone. I'm just not as high on the Giants as you are. I could be wrong though.
I'm not really high on the Giants but knowing what's needed to make Jones more efficient and the history of zero repeat division winners they seem like the obvious choice to claim the crown in 2023. (I R/O Washington because of their QB situation which at this point is Jacoby Brissett)

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really high on the Giants but knowing what's needed to make Jones more efficient and the history of zero repeat division winners they seem like the obvious choice to claim the crown in 2023. (I R/O Washington because of their QB situation which at this point is Jacoby Brissett)
You have them winning the division! I know the Eagles lost a bunch of starters, but they have two 1st this year. Hmmm

Division is wide open though. Skins may actually have a home crowd this year. We have basically been playing 10 to 12 road games per year.

We get rookie Chase and the defense stays where they were or even takes a step forward coupled with Howell being an upgrade from Heinicke you never know.

Dallas on paper is legit. Like I said earlier can McCarthy find the old magic and can Dak be trusted?

Giants are well coached, but I'm still not sold on Jones.

I assume we'll have a better idea post draft.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have them winning the division! I know the Eagles lost a bunch of starters, but they have two 1st this year. Hmmm

Division is wide open though. Skins may actually have a home crowd this year. We have basically been playing 10 to 12 road games per year.

We get rookie Chase and the defense stays where they were or even takes a step forward coupled with Howell being an upgrade from Heinicke you never know.

Dallas on paper is legit. Like I said earlier can McCarthy find the old magic and can Dak be trusted?

Giants are well coached, but I'm still not sold on Jones.

I assume we'll have a better idea post draft.
I have a team other than Philadelphia winning the division because history dictates it to be that way. The Eagles can repeat, but I'll stick with he historical odds.

I eliminate Washington because our starter as of this moment is Jacoby Brissett. Howell will have to beat him out. Dan Snyder still owns the team and is giving the ok on every move until he's no longer that.

Prediction... the defense will be the weaker of the two units this season... again I'll rely on history and the alternating nature of how this team presents on the field from year to year. I have zero confidence in Howell and no reason to believe that he is incapable either. Right now IMO, Jacoby is the better option, so a fair offense and a struggling pass defense.

Dallas could win the division but if Washington isn't a factor, and Philadelphia won't repeat it comes down to the NYG and the Goatropers.

Rightfully, Jones should be a bust, but we cannot discount Dabol and the job that he's done to resurrect Jone's career. I don't believe that they re-signed him without factoring in their abilities to get more from him and that requires getting more prolific pieces in the passing game, specifically, since they've addressed their TE void... improvements at WR.

I think that there's going to be at least one game-changing move post-draft.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one of your best football points, but I understand the dislike for the organization.
Agreed! I have made better points.

The "dislike" probably has more to do with the unwarranted attention given to your team despite the fact that they haven't truly done anything in a long while. (Translated... envy!) Jerrah really wants another SB win before he exits the stage and I'm sure that his team wants to deliver the same. That's unnecessary pressure.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a team other than Philadelphia winning the division because history dictates it to be that way. The Eagles can repeat, but I'll stick with he historical odds.

I eliminate Washington because our starter as of this moment is Jacoby Brissett. Howell will have to beat him out. Dan Snyder still owns the team and is giving the ok on every move until he's no longer that.

Prediction... the defense will be the weaker of the two units this season... again I'll rely on history and the alternating nature of how this team presents on the field from year to year. I have zero confidence in Howell and no reason to believe that he is incapable either. Right now IMO, Jacoby is the better option, so a fair offense and a struggling pass defense.

Dallas could win the division but if Washington isn't a factor, and Philadelphia won't repeat it comes down to the NYG and the Goatropers.

Rightfully, Jones should be a bust, but we cannot discount Dabol and the job that he's done to resurrect Jone's career. I don't believe that they re-signed him without factoring in their abilities to get more from him and that requires getting more prolific pieces in the passing game, specifically, since they've addressed their TE void... improvements at WR.

I think that there's going to be at least one game-changing move post-draft.
I saw a stat where out of the last 129 QBs drafted in the 5th round or later only one ended up becoming a franchise QB. (Brady) Odds a long for sure, but not many 5th round QBs were Heisman Trophy candidates. Time will tell.

Truth serum, it did hit the me the other day like a cold splash of water to the face that we are actually rolling with Howell who has one start under his belt. I'm really pulling for him. A quality QB on a 5th round rookie pay scale is found gold.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a stat where out of the last 129 QBs drafted in the 5th round or later only one ended up becoming a franchise QB. (Brady) Odds a long for sure, but not many 5th round QBs were Heisman Trophy candidates. Time will tell.

Truth serum, it did hit the me the other day like a cold splash of water to the face that we are actually rolling with Howell who has one start under his belt. I'm really pulling for him. A quality QB on a 5th round rookie pay scale is found gold.
That omits UDFA. Off the top of my head, you would add in Warner and Romo.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Round 8 - Trent Green didn't suck

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 8 - Trent Green didn't suck
Watched him play once in KC. Dude had all day to throw thanks to Willie Roaf and Will Shields. When he didn't throw, he simply handed it off to Priest Holmes.

That was a good offense...geez.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I typed "don't" instead of "didn't" because I didn't start my day drinking until 2 minutes ago. :noidea:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have to take the next day off if it is announced during the week.