• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Network Top 10 Cowboys list

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLAYERS!

10. Larry Allen
9 Dorsett
8 Witten
7 Irvin
6 Aikman
5 Randy White
4 Mel Renfro
3 Emmitt
2 Lilly
1 Staubach

HAPPY?

Why are you mad? I was half joking when I wrote it yesterday.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Staubach
2. E. Smith
3. R. White
4. Bob Lily
5. Aikman
6. Romo
7. Renfro
8. Allen
9. Irvin
10. TD
Not to pile on, but how the heck can you have Romo in front of Larry Allen, Michael Irvin, TD, Renfro, Witten...there's simply no way Romo is a top 10 Dallas Cowboy

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to pile on, but how the heck can you have Romo in front of Larry Allen, Michael Irvin, TD, Renfro, Witten...there's simply no way Romo is a top 10 Dallas Cowboy

Its no big deal man, I could say the Skins suck and turn certain ones into Cousins' fans. Romo ahead of those guys- I just think QB is toughest position to play in any sport. He was a band aid that held our team together for 10 yrs and gave us fans hope. Whether we had the worst defense or OLine, etc- he gave us a chance. There weren't many games I went into thinking we are gonna get beat or killed. That along with all the records he holds is my basis. Obviously from the OP- I'm not the only one that thinks he is top 10

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its no big deal man, I could say the Skins suck and turn certain ones into Cousins' fans. Romo ahead of those guys- I just think QB is toughest position to play in any sport. He was a band aid that held our team together for 10 yrs and gave us fans hope. Whether we had the worst defense or OLine, etc- he gave us a chance. There weren't many games I went into thinking we are gonna get beat or killed. That along with all the records he holds is my basis. Obviously from the OP- I'm not the only one that thinks he is top 10
I'm not a Romo hater, but every top 10 Cowboy is a HOFer, and Romo is never getting in the HOF. If he had played his entire career like he played the last 3-4, it would be a different story. There were several big games the first 7-8 years he played that he did choke in the big moment

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty fair list for that time frame. If you are going to allow Sanders in as a Cowboy, he would have to move yo IMO.

Still had to penalize Prime for not being a Cowboy lifer - I know Ware, Allen, and Emmitt have played elsewhere, but those choices were forced on them. I think Sanders definitely belongs somewhere on the list, though.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you mad? I was half joking when I wrote it yesterday.
my response was to the NFL Network guys putting together a list without Renfro. You know...the threads subject matter. BUT HEY...I know, another example of me being the dick here.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still had to penalize Prime for not being a Cowboy lifer - I know Ware, Allen, and Emmitt have played elsewhere, but those choices were forced on them. I think Sanders definitely belongs somewhere on the list, though.

That's cool....Sanders helped bring one championship to Dallas. I always thought the league was nuts for never passing his way. I know Troy & Mike never avoided throwing his way when he wore the other teams uni. I also think it's MOST FITTING the championship he helped win was the one where Larry Brown got the opportunities and won the MVP award.

I never felt Sanders was cut from the same cloth as Irvin with regards to team winning trumps all....which was why I never embraced Sanders but flat out loved Mike Irvin.
Warts and All.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool....Sanders helped bring one championship to Dallas. I always thought the league was nuts for never passing his way. I know Troy & Mike never avoided throwing his way when he wore the other teams uni. I also think it's MOST FITTING the championship he helped win was the one where Larry Brown got the opportunities and won the MVP award.

I never felt Sanders was cut from the same cloth as Irvin with regards to team winning trumps all....which was why I never embraced Sanders but flat out loved Mike Irvin.
Warts and All.
People talk about how Aikman sacrificed numbers for the team, but if Irvin had played in a pass happy scheme, him numbers would have been insane

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLAYERS!

10. Larry Allen
9 Dorsett
8 Witten
7 Irvin
6 Aikman
5 Randy White
4 Mel Renfro
3 Emmitt
2 Lilly
1 Staubach

HAPPY?
That better lol

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 Cowboys all time - that's a tough list to crack.

I was not as fortunate as some of you, as I didn't get to watch half the guys on the lists already posted. So I'll stick with what I know, and the players I watched. (1990-present)

1. Emmitt Smith
2. Larry Allen
3. Troy Aikman
4. Jason Witten
5. Michael Irvin
6. Tony Romo
7. Demarcus Ware
8. Deion Sanders (spent as much time in Dallas as anywhere else)
9. Darren Woodson
10. Tyron Smith

HM: Daryl Johnston (Fuck the stats and position bias)
Deion on the list is joke. He did not play for cowboys long enough.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well let me wade into the water and see if it nice
top 20 Players only
Tom Tex and Jerry are in a complete different discussion all 3 great in their own way

1.Staubach
2 Lilly
3 Emmitt
4 Renfro
5 R.White
6 Irvin
7 Aikman
8 Allen
9 Dorsett
10 Witten
11 Ware
12 Howley only player in SB history to b MVP on the losing team
13 Romo
14 Hayes
15 D Pearson
16 D. White
17 Pugh
18 Waters
19 Too Tall Jones
20 Johnston

Lots of guys still on the side lines Bill Bates Dan Bailey Jay novacheck just to name 3 that pop up quick

Sanders to me was a mercenary so he is not on the list

Dallas has truly been blessed

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodson comes to mind if you are going 20 deep

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough one where to put him 16-20.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warts and All.

I love Michael Irvin. He is a Cowboy homer through and through, and he doesn't apologize to anyone for it, I love it. It pains me to put him at #5 on my list, but Dallas has had so many great players that he is among tremendous company in my top 5. I struggled with placing Witten above Irvin, just thought that as great as Michael was at WR, Jason was/is an even better TE.

Regarding Sanders, I understand those that didn't love him. Hell, I don't love him either. Prime was a money chaser, and rightfully can be called a mercenary. Still he played 5 years in Dallas (longer than the average NFL career), from 1990-now I struggled to think of 10 guys who were better - I couldn't do it. Yeah, Sanders wasn't tested often in Dallas, but there was perfectly good reason for that - he was the best. I don't care for Deion's personality - I'm much more in the Michael Irvin camp here - but I respect the hell out of Sanders' talent.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo should not be on this list. the great randy white behind romo? total idiocy

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there is no right or wrong answers. I'm not a big list guy, but we can all make our own list of what we feel. Heck, Lilly could be #1 over Both Staubach and Landry. Still remember the Landry quote I read about him: the only perfect player he ever coached

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please take a gun out and shoot Romo? That poor bastard just needs to be put down or put away in a home at least.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 Cowboys all time - that's a tough list to crack.

I was not as fortunate as some of you, as I didn't get to watch half the guys on the lists already posted. So I'll stick with what I know, and the players I watched. (1990-present)

1. Emmitt Smith
2. Larry Allen
3. Troy Aikman
4. Jason Witten
5. Michael Irvin
6. Tony Romo
7. Demarcus Ware
8. Deion Sanders (spent as much time in Dallas as anywhere else)
9. Darren Woodson
10. Tyron Smith

HM: Daryl Johnston (Fuck the stats and position bias)
Good list except 2 glaring players omitted Roger and Doressett.