• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP...Gronk? Mike Freeman thinks so. Here's his top 10.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yz5.gif

Nope, doesn't have the numbers.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gurleys having a great year, for sure.

its MVP, not best numbers. IMO, i dont even think brady is the team MVP. its gronk. at RB, gurley is the guy. one man show. gronks sharing receptions and targets. hes the most valuable player on a soon to be 13 win team. he may win MVP and comeback player of the year.

Gronks passer rating has been awesome this year. It's amazing how he throws himself that ball like that.:L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Could a Wide-Open MVP Race Get Gronk'd?

Now, the scout's rankings:

First: Rob Gronkowski. "Tom [Brady] hasn't been Tom. He's still great but hasn't played at that level we're used to seeing. I feel like Gronk has saved the Patriots. What he did against the Steelers was one of the best tight end performances of the past 30 or 40 years."

(Can you be MVP if you missed a game down the stretch? And missed that game because of a one-contest suspension for a horrible cheap shot?)

"Yes, of course you can. Are you stupid?"

I am (even though the scout didn't actually say that), but let's move on.

Second: Aaron Donald.
"I haven't seen a lineman, [playing] on the inside or out, have a year like this in a long time. If you took a camera and put it on him and people could watch just him play, he'd win the MVP hands down."

Third: Russell Wilson. "If the Seahawks make the playoffs, I'd move him to first or second. No one is better today at making something out of nothing."

Fourth: Todd Gurley. "Love his skill. Love everything he does. But to me, he's more of a flashy candidate."

Fifth: Tom Brady. "It's unfair to him. He's so good he's created unfair standards for himself. Any normal year, he's No. 1 easy."

Sixth: Cam Newton. "A very inspirational player. Rallies the team. Does a lot with less."

Seventh: Drew Brees. "He's been helped by the running game, but when teams focus on that, Drew kills them."

Eighth: Ben Roethlisberger. "I personally think this is the best year he's ever had." (I asked why he's not ranked higher.) "He's got a ton of help around him on offense. It's the most loaded offense in football."

Ninth: Le'Veon Bell.
"Debated ranking him higher."

Tenth: Case Keenum. "I'm probably just as guilty as a lot of press and fans. I'm waiting for him to screw up more than appreciating how good he's been."
No Wentz in the top 10? What say you @PhoenixEagles1?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Wentz in the top 10? What say you @PhoenixEagles1?

Wentz should still be the MVP of the league, but it would never happen cause voters suck

The biggest reason by far the Eagles have Homefield advantage is Wentz.........He more than any player in the league this season, is responsible for his teams success, especially if you watch Nick Foles play football

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats fair.

and im not knocking gurley. hes sick. but if you take gronk off this team, the leading receiver is cooks (whos slowed down to a snails pace) and danny emendola, followed by hogan whos been out for 2 months.

this team is dead in the water without gronk.

gronk is tied for 7th in FD's. best among TE's.
Exactly what I said last year when he got hurt and then those fuckers won the SB without him...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a lot a superstars knocked out. Really disappointing for all the teams involved. I really do think he had MVP wrapped up. Obviously, I dont know for a fact but right before the Rams game (4 TD's in 3 quarters) Vegas had him ranked 1st in their odds. Freaking bummed.
Wentz was definitely in the conversation and very well may have won it. The worst part is how late in the year it happened. If he is able to start game one next year, he won’t have the same scrambling ability which was one of his biggest attributes. Injuries suck!

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz should still be the MVP of the league, but it would never happen cause voters suck

The biggest reason by far the Eagles have Homefield advantage is Wentz.........He more than any player in the league this season, is responsible for his teams success, especially if you watch Nick Foles play football
I think Russell Wilson more so. Seahawks might not win 2 games without him. The Eagles are still winning without Wentz.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Russell Wilson more so. Seahawks might not win 2 games without him. The Eagles are still winning without Wentz.

Dont dis-agree, but the Seahawks most likely missing the postseason this year, would have to eliminate him from the discussion, and he didnt help himself these past 3 weeks @ Jax, vs Rams and @ Cowboys

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers.
True.
But AR did come back albiet to waste his weekend. He should've just stayed on the couch.

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.
But AR did come back albiet to waste his weekend. He should've just stayed on the couch.
Yea but he seemed to rush back pretty quick and needed to run the table. He should have stayed at home, but i can't kill a guy who comes back to try and save his team. He is Green Bay. McCarthy is fucking awful.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but he seemed to rush back pretty quick and needed to run the table. He should have stayed at home, but i can't kill a guy who comes back to try and save his team. He is Green Bay. McCarthy is fucking awful.
Yeah, but he said he wasn't coming back to save the season.

If I were the coach I would've started him as well:noidea:

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but he said he wasn't coming back to save the season.

If I were the coach I would've started him as well:noidea:

That's bc Rodgers is a pro. He says he is coming back to save the season, he's also saying "I'm coming back bc everyone knows my backup blows dick" lol.

He gave the PC answer.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's bc Rodgers is a pro. He says he is coming back to save the season, he's also saying "I'm coming back bc everyone knows my backup blows dick" lol.

He gave the PC answer.
Most back ups do suck. Hundley was doing ok with what MM was allowing him to do. His receivers didn't do him any favors.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole problem with these conversations is that people tend to jump onto what they have seen recently and then find a bunch of stats to back up their argument.
As for that list, I might (small might) take it a little more serious if I didn't read the Big Ben comment and the fact he put Ben ahead of Bell on the list.
This thing should go to Gurley but I have no idea what will happen. I don't believe there is any valid argument for Gronk but that's just my opinion.
Fwiw, this thing is never about who is most valuable to his team. Never has been, despite what it's called. More often than not, it's simply about the QB on the winningest team, sadly.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole problem with these conversations is that people tend to jump onto what they have seen recently and then find a bunch of stats to back up their argument.
As for that list, I might (small might) take it a little more serious if I didn't read the Big Ben comment and the fact he put Ben ahead of Bell on the list.
This thing should go to Gurley but I have no idea what will happen. I don't believe there is any valid argument for Gronk but that's just my opinion.
Fwiw, this thing is never about who is most valuable to his team. Never has been, despite what it's called. More often than not, it's simply about the QB on the winningest team, sadly.

Gurly doesn't have the stats. Go back and look at when an RB has won, he's not there.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurly doesn't have the stats. Go back and look at when an RB has won, he's not there.
He has the stats when you consider the alternatives. No QB's have the greatest stats either. Oddly, Alex Smith may have the best of all of them.
Comparing against AP and LT's MVP winning seasons and Gurley has 1 game left to play:

AP: 2314 yards from scrimmage, 13 TDs

LT: 2323 yards from scrimmage, 31 total TDs

TG: 2093 yards from scrimmage, 19 total TDs

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the stats when you consider the alternatives. No QB's have the greatest stats either. Oddly, Alex Smith may have the best of all of them.
Comparing against AP and LT's MVP winning seasons and Gurley has 1 game left to play:

AP: 2314 yards from scrimmage, 13 TDs

LT: 2323 yards from scrimmage, 31 total TDs

TG: 2093 yards from scrimmage, 19 total TDs

There is a reason it's nearly always given to a QB, the QB by default is the MVP on any team typically.

This is simply a push to find someone, anyone, other than Brady to give the MVP to.