• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL must change OT rules

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part I would change......No game shall end in a tie.....There's no quarter of any such time,just a play clock.....Rest of the rules stay the same.......

If your def can't stop the other team from getting a td on opening drive of ot,so be it.....Works the same for both teams.
But it doesn't if you lose the flip that's the point a coin can decide two good offensive teams. It's also a team game. Why don't we just allow kickers to go back and forth then save everyones health haha!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere in between is probably the right answer. Particularly in the playoffs of either league. Not as much the regular season.

I agree that kick offs still need to be a part of OT and college really kind of fucked that up.

The pros should still do kick offs and as long as there isn't a turnover or punt give the other team a shot so we can see BOTH teams defense AND offense proving it on tired legs. Just seems a better format.

I'm cool with that. I feel there are a few different things like that both formats could change and make a better product. I would like to see a lot of the different individualized pros/cons to the various systems/rules in each format so i could lock in on something specific i would prefer (not that what i prefer makes a shit), but it definitely isn't as good as it could be right now to me.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it can't happen but as wizard hawk said offence has been given favortism so it disadvantages the D even more. Why not even it out instead of letting a coin decide it? Good for the fans to see Mahones get a crack to tie it or even go for a TD and two. Would make OT crazy good...

D got a stop in game 1 today. On the road. So it does work if you actually have a good defense

NFC has been actually playing defense the last 5-6 weeks FYI

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st OT game was decided on defense.

Cry moar and play D
That seems to be your only answer. :L First of all, I don't see any crying. No one is out kicking puppies over it so stop with the bullshit threatrics. No one said they were robbed or any such thing. It's just opinions and many would like to see it happen differently. Surely you can disagree without being a total fuckstick about it.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. The Pats had Mahomes running for his life in the first half. The Chiefs made adjustments and got back into the game.

The Pats did the same thing to the Chargers the week before.

If you can't et a stop, your team doesn't deserve to be playing for it all (my Bears included who failed to stop the Eagles on 4th down TWICE :doh:)

Boom

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to be your only answer. :L First of all, I don't see any crying. No one is out kicking puppies over it so stop with the bullshit threatrics. No one said they were robbed or any such thing. It's just opinions and many would like to see it happen differently. Surely you can disagree without being a total fuckstick about it.

I don’t expect a PAC 12er to understand how defense actually works. Sorry if you can’t take my sarcasm

Get a stop or GTFO

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should go back to sudden death. Stop em' or fuck your ass.
Which is what happened today at Arrowhead. BOOM! Never expected that but all’s good.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OT rule change is gay af.

It was fine the way it was.

With that said, they should kill all they other faggot rules that benefit the offense, like that gay ass hand to the helmet call to Brady..

Sack up and play some motherfucking defense...ya know, what the entire fucking game was founded upon...or fuck off

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D got a stop in game 1 today. On the road. So it does work if you actually have a good defense

NFC has been actually playing defense the last 5-6 weeks FYI
The point is that D has been given red headed step child treatment the odds favor the O. Coin flips are dictating wins so allowing both teams the same shot evens it out. Coin flip becomes irrelevant. Fans win as we get to see another series where both teams O and D are tested .why would anyone be so against this?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t expect a PAC 12er to understand how defense actually works. Sorry if you can’t take my sarcasm

Get a stop or GTFO
Yeah, I mean UW has lead the Pac in defense for several years, but what does that have to do with anything being discussed here? :L

This game ended with 68 points. There wasn't a lot of defense happening on either side from the start of the 4th on. That's a fact. And it's common in the NFL with all the rule changes over the years. From more emphasis on PI's/D back holding, defenseless runners, targeting, protecting QB's more, etc those advantages increase as the legs get more tired on defense.

Pretty sure I heard a few weeks ago on one of the broadcasts that the team that wins the coin toss still wins the game the majority of the time, even if the cheap FG has helped. You are still at the mercy of the coin toss as much or more than the skill set of your overall units.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the two head coaches should stand at the goal line and throw to the other goal line and who ever's ball goes the furthest wins.

ConsciousRightAdeliepenguin-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that D has been given red headed step child treatment the odds favor the O. Coin flips are dictating wins so allowing both teams the same shot evens it out. Coin flip becomes irrelevant. Fans win as we get to see another series where both teams O and D are tested .why would anyone be so against this?

Not in the NFC the last few weeks the defense has not. Started out like that this year but not down the stretch. The Rams in the playoffs haven’t allowed 100 yards on the ground combined to Zeke, Ingram, and Kamara. That’s getting a fucking stop.

Lol at changing the rules because the Chiefs D sucks. :L

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what needs to change...not the OT rules. It was perfect the way it was initially. That is, of course, if the league wouldn't have grown a vagina.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mean UW has lead the Pac in defense for several years, but what does that have to do with anything being discussed here? :L

This game ended with 68 points. There wasn't a lot of defense happening on either side from the start of the 4th on. That's a fact. And it's common in the NFL with all the rule changes over the years. From more emphasis on PI's/D back holding, defenseless runners, targeting, protecting QB's more, etc those advantages increase as the legs get more tired on defense.

Pretty sure I heard a few weeks ago on one of the broadcasts that the team that wins the coin toss still wins the game the majority of the time, even if the cheap FG has helped. You are still at the mercy of the coin toss as much or more than the skill set of your overall units.

Nice novel. Did you watch the first OT game?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the NFC the last few weeks the defense has not. Started out like that this year but not down the stretch. The Rams in the playoffs haven’t allowed 100 yards on the ground combined to Zeke, Ingram, and Kamara. That’s getting a fucking stop.

Lol at changing the rules because the Chiefs D sucks. :L
Bro has nothing to do with the chiefs D it's an overall league rule change. All of our D's have a harder time getting stops these days. The old times are gone...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro has nothing to do with the chiefs D it's an overall league rule change. All of our D's have a harder time getting stops these days. The old times are gone...

The rules in the trenches are pretty much the same. I think the game is still won and lost there.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what needs to change...not the OT rules. It was perfect the way it was initially. That is, of course, if the league wouldn't have grown a vagina.
I'd have no problem going back to the old rules I love solid D. But they want a madden game out there now so the coin flip holds more value. Shouldn't be that way...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You want to change the rule because of the Chiefs loss or Patriots win I don’t care...

The first OT game was not won or lost by a coin toss