• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL investigator says he found direct evidence against Brady

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady has sounded innocent all along, I mean just look at how he vehemently defending and shot down the question on weather he is, in fact, a cheater.

Q. Can you answer right now, is Tom Brady a cheater?
TB
: "I don’t believe so."

I mean jesus effing christ people, an innocent man speaks definitively on his innocence, just like Tom Brady did here!!! I. Don't. Believe. So. --- I mean he couldn't refute that comment any more forcefully.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about for a Pats fan with integrity? I've seen an open letter from ONE Patriots fan who actually changed teams because of this and said he would no longer support this type of sportsmanship but I agree it is few and far between. I am a diehard Eagles fan since 1970 and i guarantee if this were the Eagles i'd be pissed because i'm not blind to what the report said no matter how i love my team. I'm not dumb.

Are you?

The stats show the Patriots didn't illegally deflate balls in the Colts game.

The report was full of other errors.

If you would change your team alliance over something like that, then you're a cowardly idiot.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*allegiance

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats show the Patriots didn't illegally deflate balls in the Colts game.

The report was full of other errors.

If you would change your team alliance over something like that, then you're a cowardly idiot.

Like I said, I'm not dumb. You are. You can't even spell right.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it ever goes to court, the defense would get to see the supposed evidence first.

If the evidence is good, it lessens the chance that his defense team would open him to deposition and take it to trial. If the evidence is not good, then it increases the odds of a trial.

A deposition would not go well for Brady in any case, IMO, so I'll be surprised if this ever goes to trial. If it does, then it means the NFL's case is INCREDIBLY weak.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The No Fun League strikes again -

Some customers and media outlets on NFLshop.com tried unsuccessfully to order New England Patriots jerseys with the name "DEFLATOR" on the back. An error code popped up.:L

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this ever goes to trial. If it does, then it means the NFL's case is INCREDIBLY weak.

That rarity -- something you post I agree with.

That said -- unlike you, I expect this to go to trial. :)

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've now seen enough quotes from lawyers and so on to decide that Wells was simply wrong when he said there was "direct evidence" of Patriots cheating in the report. He obviously thinks -- or is paid to claim -- that there's highly persuasive circumstantial evidence, but it's not direct. "Direct evidence", evidently, would be something like a witness saying they saw the needle being stuck in the ball.

The only direct evidence of needles in balls in the Wells report is of the COLTS doing it. When they stuck the needle in the intercepted ball, they were breaking the rules. Now, I'm OK with them not being punished for that, because the ball was not destined to return to play. But technically, they violated the rules, and there is direct evidence of them doing so.

Similarly, the Colts' equipment people who concealed needles on the sidelines in a Jacksonville game -- that's just circumstantial evidence too. It's also a lot stronger than any circumstantial evidence of the Patriots' cheating on ball pressure, but of course almost nobody cares, because they're not butthurt about the Colts' success.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about for a Pats fan with integrity? I've seen an open letter from ONE Patriots fan who actually changed teams because of this and said he would no longer support this type of sportsmanship but I agree it is few and far between. I am a diehard Eagles fan since 1970 and i guarantee if this were the Eagles i'd be pissed because i'm not blind to what the report said no matter how i love my team. I'm not dumb.

Are you?
I'm sure you were a Michael Vick fan and killed your own dog. Let the process finish! You're "high and mighty" Philly attitude is very hollow.....

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That rarity -- something you post I agree with.

That said -- unlike you, I expect this to go to trial. :)
If it does, I'm sure the lawyer who deposes Brady will have a really good time with that. It stays on the record forever, and can be read by lawyers forever after to subpoena Brady to testify in other trials.

The implications/repurcussions of that are not small.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it does, I'm sure the lawyer who deposes Brady will have a really good time with that. It stays on the record forever, and can be read by lawyers forever after to subpoena Brady to testify in other trials.

The implications/repurcussions of that are not small.

Again, I agree. Brady has to be willing to answer any question that could bear on cheating. But the thing is -- at least post-CameraPlacementGate, the Pats are sticklers for following the rules. So give or take some "Grab what you have to grab to make a play and see which penalties the refs actually call" -- which REALLY is an "everybody does it" kind of thing -- I think he'll be able to disclaim cheating without opening himself up to any perjury charges.

Well, there's also the fact that like many guys he gained a LOT of muscle as a young player. I'd like to think it was done without PEDs, and I don't think the Pats have ever been busted for PEDs of that kind (as opposed to Rodney Harrison's use of HGH to heal late in his career), but I've always wondered.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will be teaching our kids about this for generations to come.

CE19a09UgAA8dUX.jpg:large

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will be teaching our kids about this for generations to can
How about the Seattle best seller? "Are you mad bro" hundreds of different ways to cheat a piss test. Author anonymous.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Equipment boy is fat. The ball must be flat. I am a pat.