• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Gameday Live

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Geez, some of you guys really are miserable pricks. It was a good win on the road v. a divison team. They hung in and played well. No, they're not going to the playoffs but at least this team didnt fold, botch a punt or figure out a way to lose like previous Bengal teams. They're young. It's clearly a rebuilding year. I give a young team credit for winning on the road with a back up QB.

It's the case of the Bengals having blown for so long, fans begin to really believe 8-8 is a good/successful season.

No, 8-8 blows.

That was not my definition of a "good" win.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's the case of the Bengals having blown for so long, fans begin to really believe 8-8 is a good/successful season.

No, 8-8 blows.

That was not my definition of a "good" win.

how is a division road win not a 'good' win. Didnt the same shitty cleveland team beat Pittsburgh recently? New England? I just dont get the groupthink that occurs on this board...the bengals lose and everyone yucks it up. They actually play well, win and people bitch and whine about the fashion in which they won, got TD's etc.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was speaking towards the play of the offense, particularly. A win is a win. But as a fan of the team, when assessing the team - and in this case the offense - you have to look at the bigger picture. It was an ugly win, and against good teams, it won't cut it. Not even close. I don't see how anyone can find that acceptable.

I'm going to give another analogy a shot. Kind of like Marvin Lewis. Sure he's had a better record than many of our coaches in the past. And in his tenure we've made the playoffs twice and won the division twice, two things we weren't able to accomplish in the decade plus prior to him. However, that doesn't mean we should just accept his coaching as fine and be satisfied with it. No. Despite his "accomplishments" he still sucks as a coach and I expect much, much more. Looking at the bigger picture (multiple wins, playoffs, Superbowls, etc), there's nothing to be happy about nor feel good about.