• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Free Agency tracker 2023

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a very good reason why they first hand the SB trophy to the team owners.

I agree Haskins was flawed, but mostly boneheaded hubris of youth.

No one will ever know how things might have worked out for him had he lived and been given the proper tools/support associated with success.

(Tongue-in-cheek) Sorry man, it can't be the fault of Rivera or a dysfunctional front office, single man accountability on a team game built by the organization falls on the player(s)

Because they literally own the team.

Haskins was an adult. Haskins never improved his craft. QB in the NFL is a job…not just a game.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow was put on the worst team in football and has made that team a contender. He was the number one pick and has proven worthy of the selection. Haskins was the sixteenth pick placed on a mediocre team. Most would say Haskins was in a better position to succeed. Haskins did not do what was required to improve or he was unable to improve.

I am aware he never played. Haskins was signed January of 2021. He later signed another tender in March of 22. Haskins had a year to show he was good and didn’t.

Of course I do. The team has been unsuccessful. Snyder has chosen poorly on the management and coaching selections. That doesn’t take away from personal accountability of players.
The year before he (Burrow) was drafted the organization did this:

• February 4, 2019: Named Zac Taylor head coach, the tenth head coach in Bengals history. Taylor was previously the Los Angeles Rams quarterbacks coach.
  • February 7, 2019: Announced the hiring of four offensive assistants: Brian Callahan as offensive coordinator, Jim Turner will be the offensive line coach, James Casey as tight ends coach, Ben Martin as assistant offensive line coach.
  • February 11, 2019: Announced the hiring of three assistant coaches: Jemal Singleton as running backs coach, Joey Boese as strength and conditioning coach, and Doug Rosfeld as director of coaching operations. Rosfeld was previously the head football coach at Cincinnati's Archbishop Moeller High School in 2018.
  • February 21, 2019: Announced the hiring of Lou Anarumo as defensive coordinator. Anarumo was previously the defensive backs coach for the New York Giants. Prior to joining the Giants, he was the defensive backs coach for the Miami Dolphins from 2012 to 2017.
  • February 28, 2019: Announced the hiring of six assistant coaches: Nick Eason as defensive line coach, Tem Lukabu as linebackers coach, Brad Kragthorpe as an offensive assistant, Jordan Kovacs as defensive quality control coach, and Todd Hunt and Garrett Swanson as assistant strength and conditioning coaches.
  • March 7, 2019: Announced the hiring of two assistant coaches, Mark Duffner as senior defensive assistant, and Gerald Chatman as a defensive assistant.
Their 2019 roster included a pretty poor offensive line but they also had these offensive players on board.
In 2020 when Burrow was drafted they also added these offebnsive players:

Tee Higgins WR
A. J. Green WR
Hakeem Adeniji, OT

and in 2021 more offensive additions with...

Ja'Marr Chase WR
Jackson Carman OT
Trey Hill Center
D'Ante Smith OT
Samaje Perine RB
Chris Evans RB

In 2022 more offensive players added...

La'el Collins OT
Hayden Hurst TE
Ted Karras Center
Alex Cappa OG
Cordell Volson OT

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year before he (Burrow) was drafted the organization did this:

• February 4, 2019: Named Zac Taylor head coach, the tenth head coach in Bengals history. Taylor was previously the Los Angeles Rams quarterbacks coach.
  • February 7, 2019: Announced the hiring of four offensive assistants: Brian Callahan as offensive coordinator, Jim Turner will be the offensive line coach, James Casey as tight ends coach, Ben Martin as assistant offensive line coach.
  • February 11, 2019: Announced the hiring of three assistant coaches: Jemal Singleton as running backs coach, Joey Boese as strength and conditioning coach, and Doug Rosfeld as director of coaching operations. Rosfeld was previously the head football coach at Cincinnati's Archbishop Moeller High School in 2018.
  • February 21, 2019: Announced the hiring of Lou Anarumo as defensive coordinator. Anarumo was previously the defensive backs coach for the New York Giants. Prior to joining the Giants, he was the defensive backs coach for the Miami Dolphins from 2012 to 2017.
  • February 28, 2019: Announced the hiring of six assistant coaches: Nick Eason as defensive line coach, Tem Lukabu as linebackers coach, Brad Kragthorpe as an offensive assistant, Jordan Kovacs as defensive quality control coach, and Todd Hunt and Garrett Swanson as assistant strength and conditioning coaches.
  • March 7, 2019: Announced the hiring of two assistant coaches, Mark Duffner as senior defensive assistant, and Gerald Chatman as a defensive assistant.
Their 2019 roster included a pretty poor offensive line but they also had these offensive players on board.
In 2020 when Burrow was drafted they also added these offebnsive players:

Tee Higgins WR
A. J. Green WR
Hakeem Adeniji, OT

and in 2021 more offensive additions with...

Ja'Marr Chase WR
Jackson Carman OT
Trey Hill Center
D'Ante Smith OT
Samaje Perine RB
Chris Evans RB

In 2022 more offensive players added...

La'el Collins OT
Hayden Hurst TE
Ted Karras Center
Alex Cappa OG
Cordell Volson OT
And burrow saved Taylor job. There was talk of Taylor being a one and done

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't blame Rivera for Haskins. Dan wanted him. Kyle Smith didn't want him. Jay didn't want him.

I remember QBs sitting on the bench with the OC looking at the iPad .... except for Haskin's.

I remember when they went up in a game and they needed to take the final snaps and he was taking selfies with a fan.

As dad said he was the 3rd QB in Pittsburgh so he had a very good coach there.

If you want to blame RR for not finding a QB I am good with that but you can't blame him for Haskins.
It has already been established by Sty, myself, and others that Haskins has maturity issues. That is a fact. It could have led to his death sadly.

The question is, who do you trust more....Ryan Day or Ron Rivera?

On one hand, you have Rivera who only identified and developed 1 QB in 12 years as an NFL head coach. He is going into year 4 at WSH and still hasn't identified a starting QB. Rivera has attempted to sign veterans, trade for busts, and work with draft picks to get his franchise QB. None of his "plans" or strategies have worked thus far. Rivera has secured only 3 winning seasons in 12 years and has proven to be a failure as a GM.

Rivera selected an unproven coach out of nepotism to be his OC. That coach was Scott Turner. In Turner's 3 years, Turner has not found continuity with any of his QBs in the 3 years. Needless to say, Turner is NOT a coach that is ideal for developing a QB in the NFL.

Day on the other hand has or will put in three first-round QBs in the NFL (Fields, Haskins, and Stroud). Day has been the full-time HC at Ohio St for 4 years now. Day said of Haskins:

Day then told the crowd about how Haskins became Ohio State’s starting quarterback in 2018, which Day considers “one of the most magical seasons in the history of college football.”̦ He talked about the moments that led up to that for Haskins – including his fumble that was returned for a touchdown against Illinois in 2017, and how he bounced back to lead Ohio State to a comeback win against Michigan the following week – and about the signature moments of Haskins’ lone season as the Buckeyes’ starter, including how he led Ohio State to an overtime win at Maryland, threw for six touchdowns against Michigan and passed for a school-record 499 yards against Northwestern in the Big Ten Championship Game.

“It’s been said before that some men don’t fear death, they fear being irrelevant or insignificant. I can tell you something right now: Dwayne Haskins left a legacy behind,” Day said. “He was relevant. He was significant. He had an impact on so many people at Ohio State.

“In such a short time, the impact he made on this Earth, I just wish I had more time with him and I know we all do here. I just want to let you know that Ohio State and our program is forever in debt to Dwayne Haskins and the Haskins family.”

In speaking about the impact of Haskins, Day said:

“We would not be where we’re at right now without Dwayne Haskins,” Day said.

Under Day's tutelage, Haskins threw for 50 TDs and almost 5,000 yards in 2018.

Day also knew Haskins was struggling in WSH. He said:

Dwayne is a very talented young man, and I have a special place in my heart for him,” Day said. "It’s not easy for him to go through. He’s going to come out of it. There’s still a lot of football ahead of him.

“He’s resilient, he’s strong and he’s going to get through this. All great quarterbacks have gone through adversity.”

So why is that Day got Haskins to be so effective but Rivera could not? Did Haskins become a bum once he got drafted and decided to stop caring? Or is Day just an effective coach and Rivera is not? You tell me?

So either Day knows what he is doing OR Rivera is incompetent. Or maybe Haskins decided to ball out in college and then purposely stink it up in the NFL? You tell me what sounds more plausible.

I absolutely blame Rivera for not developing Haskins and giving him the tools to be successful. I actually had a good friend say he was bumed when Haskins got drafted. I asked him why and he said: "Because he went to Rivera and Washington"

I cannot wait for the day when we don't have to talk about Rivera's failures. In 5 years, we look back and see how terrible he was for this organization and how much damage he actually did. But let's not let the facts in the way...

I will wait on the poop or clown reactions. We wouldn't want to blame King Rivera for anything now would we?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they literally own the team.

Haskins was an adult. Haskins never improved his craft. QB in the NFL is a job…not just a game.
That's not why they get the trophy first... they get it because they built the organizational system that won the SB. (btw; they always thank the people who were also instrumental in reaching that achievement)

The mistake that too many women make and apparently people in general is not being able to discern a difference between reaching the age of consent and being an adult. To be clear, in the legal system, one can and is charged as an adult beyond a certain age once they reach the age of consent, but that's NOT what you're making reference to in this case. For most of us on this board who've had children or G-children reaching those head-shaking years of 18 to 20-something, that difference is clear. For those of you who haven't experienced it but will, I promise you grey hairs, furrowed brows, and multiple months of absolute concern over their ability to make it in the world or out of your home alive.

Dwayne was a 21-year-old with NFL-level talent, his biggest problem was that he was a 21-year-old and still a kid.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has already been established by Sty, myself, and others that Haskins has maturity issues. That is a fact. It could have led to his death sadly.

On one hand, you have Rivera who only identified and developed 1 QB in 12 years as an NFL head coach. He is going into year 4 at WSH and still hasn't identified a starting QB. Rivera has attempted to sign veterans, trade for busts, and work with draft picks to get his franchise QB. None of his "plans" or strategies have worked thus far. Rivera has secured only 3 winning seasons in 12 years and has proven to be a failure as a GM.

Rivera selected an unproven coach out of nepotism to be his OC. That coach was Scott Turner. In Turner's 3 years, Turner has not found continuity with any of his QBs in the 3 years. Needless to say, Turner is NOT a coach that is ideal for developing a QB in the NFL.

Day on the other hand has or will put in three first-round QBs in the NFL (Fields, Haskins, and Stroud). Day has been the full-time HC at Ohio St for 4 years now. Day said of Haskins:

Day then told the crowd about how Haskins became Ohio State’s starting quarterback in 2018, which Day considers “one of the most magical seasons in the history of college football.”̦ He talked about the moments that led up to that for Haskins – including his fumble that was returned for a touchdown against Illinois in 2017, and how he bounced back to lead Ohio State to a comeback win against Michigan the following week – and about the signature moments of Haskins’ lone season as the Buckeyes’ starter, including how he led Ohio State to an overtime win at Maryland, threw for six touchdowns against Michigan and passed for a school-record 499 yards against Northwestern in the Big Ten Championship Game.

“It’s been said before that some men don’t fear death, they fear being irrelevant or insignificant. I can tell you something right now: Dwayne Haskins left a legacy behind,” Day said. “He was relevant. He was significant. He had an impact on so many people at Ohio State.

“In such a short time, the impact he made on this Earth, I just wish I had more time with him and I know we all do here. I just want to let you know that Ohio State and our program is forever in debt to Dwayne Haskins and the Haskins family.”

Dwayne is a very talented young man, and I have a special place in my heart for him,” Day said. "It’s not easy for him to go through. He’s going to come out of it. There’s still a lot of football ahead of him.

“He’s resilient, he’s strong and he’s going to get through this. All great quarterbacks have gone through adversity.”

So why is that Day got Haskins to be so effective but Rivera could not? Did Haskins become a bum once he got drafted and decided to stop caring? Or is Day just an effective coach and Rivera is not? You tell me?

So either Day knows what he is doing OR Rivera is incompetent. Or maybe Haskins decided to ball out in college and then purposely stink it up in the NFL? You tell me what sounds more plausible.

I absolutely blame Rivera for not developing Haskins and giving him the tools to be successful. I actually had a good friend say he was bumed when Haskins got drafted. I asked him why and he said: "Because he went to Rivera and Washington"

I cannot wait for the day when we don't have to talk about Rivera's failures. In 5 years, we look back and see how terrible he was for this organization and how much damage he actually did. But let's not let the facts in the way...

I will wait on the poop or clown reactions. We wouldn't want to blame King Rivera for anything now would we?

You could actually say RR has never found a qb. He found a linebacker that called himself a qb. But like all QBs who rely more on running eventually they get tired of taking those hits and their game falls off. OTOH, you can’t blame Ron for Haskins failures

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...And the choir sang...

1679863649934.png

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could actually say RR has never found a qb. He found a linebacker that called himself a qb. But like all QBs who rely more on running eventually they get tired of taking those hits and their game falls off. OTOH, you can’t blame Ron for Haskins failures
Why not?

If it is true what some say about "not wanting him" that alone is reason to believe Rivera had a hand in not putting him in the best position to succeed! Or do you now not believe in human nature?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tim Tenow was extremely successful in college, far surpassing the career of Haskins, why couldn’t the NFL make him great? Because college is not the NFL. Brady was essentially ass in college…made for a slightly above average pro.

Ron Rivera being bad at developing talent does not excuse a young player for not doing their part.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not why they get the trophy first... they get it because they built the organizational system that won the SB. (btw; they always thank the people who were also instrumental in reaching that achievement)

The mistake that too many women make and apparently people in general is not being able to discern a difference between reaching the age of consent and being an adult. To be clear, in the legal system, one can and is charged as an adult beyond a certain age once they reach the age of consent, but that's NOT what you're making reference to in this case. For most of us on this board who've had children or G-children reaching those head-shaking years of 18 to 20-something, that difference is clear. For those of you who haven't experienced it but will, I promise you grey hairs, furrowed brows, and multiple months of absolute concern over their ability to make it in the world or out of your home alive.

Dwayne was a 21-year-old with NFL-level talent, his biggest problem was that he was a 21-year-old and still a kid.

So it isn’t the money…interesting that this is the only time anywhere that is the case.

Sorry but Mahomes was an adult…Burrow was an adult…Allen was an adult…pretty much every professional in the league is an adult.

21 year old kid…not an excuse nor is it my problem. He sucked and that is on him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the nfl is littered with star college qbs who were indispensable to their college teams and turned out to be urine in the pro's

having NFL talent is only part of the equation , having a good work ethic being mature are keys . thats not on a coach or anyone else but him and we wont know if he could have overcome it just like we dont know if he could process information quick enough to succeed

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it isn’t the money…interesting that this is the only time anywhere that is the case.

Sorry but Mahomes was an adult…Burrow was an adult…Allen was an adult…pretty much every professional in the league is an adult.

21 year old kid…not an excuse nor is it my problem. He sucked and that is on him.
It's interesting that the "only time and anywhere" merely exists within the time it took you to write this! If it was the money as you imply then the wealthiest owner in the league would ONLY get the trophy. So, sir, it's NOT the money, it's the achievement!

Mahomes sat, Burrow was inserted into a really good situation and Allen wasn't much until they got him weapons, specifically Diggs.

Do you have adult or near adult children? You kind of express yourself as if young people are or should be all alike at a given age. They aren't I assure you!

My biggest issue with Rivera and his handling of Dwayne is his underhanded selective cowardice as a man and the leader of this team. (Oh look the racist is criticizing a non-white in equal measure) Remember this infamous rant about Wince??

"Everybody wants to keep saying I didn't want to do anything with Carson, well bull----," Rivera said Thursday night at his postgame news conference. "I'm the f------ guy that pulled out the sheets of paper, that looked at the analytics, that watched the tape, and the freaking when we were in Indianapolis. OK. And that's what pisses me off because the young man doesn't deserve to have that all the time. I'm sorry, I'm done."

Now, I absolutely defy anyone to find such a defense of Haskins, or anything close. Perhaps it takes him a while but to be fair to Rivera that Wince rant may have been an accumulation of personal disappointments going back to when he set his number one priority as getting the QB issue resolved.

During the head coach's end-of-season press conference on Sunday, Rivera made it clear that figuring out the future of the QB position is a top priority for his club this offseason. "The quarterback is probably one of the most important things we have to get done and get established," Rivera said. (That was after the 2020 season)

His cowardice has legs...

Let’s take a look at what he and Mayhew said.

One of the more indisputable things about the quarterback position was that the right one makes the entire roster better. “Yeah. I think if we’re fortunate enough to find that guy, identify that guy, and have that guy on our football team, then yes.” Rivera said on the matter. “I’ll point to the fact that our first season here when we moved some people around and [former Washington QB] Alex Smith came in, and we really saw that development and growth. That to me, is what a good quarterback can do for you is he elevates the play of the people around him. He manages the games, he distributes the ball and, when needed, makes plays. That’s what you look for. That’s what you gotta have. To your question, that’s exactly what he does.”

Although Smith could not finish the way he would have liked last season, Rivera made an excellent point about how a professional, experienced quarterback would look in offensive coordinator Scott Turners’ offense. Mayhew agrees with Rivera, too. “I mean as we talked about, quarterback is the most important position on the field,” Mayhew said following Rivera’s response. “He is gonna elevate the other players around him, and having a good quarterback helps your defense as well. So, that’s gonna be a key decision. It’s something we’ve been talking about for months now and we will get it done.”

Looking at recent years, Mac Jones was drafted 15th overall, Justin Herbert sixth overall, Lamar Jackson 32nd overall, Patrick Mahomes 10th overall, Deshaun Watson 12th overall, and Dak Prescott 135th overall. So, Mayhew is comfortable with this route, but what about Rivera? The following is telling and it gives us a brief look at his attitude toward the young Haskins.

Rivera was asked about heading into his third year in Carolina compared to Washington. “Well, the big difference being in Carolina, when I got there, the attitude was, if we’re going to take a quarterback early, we had to make sure the offensive line could protect him, and we had enough playmakers around him, and we were very fortunate with the playmakers, to begin with,” Rivera said about the initial difference between Carolina and Washington.

“I feel we have a pretty good nucleus right here that if we did do that with a rookie, I wouldn’t be afraid to play him because you’re bringing them here for one reason, that’s to play. If you draft him, are you guys going to be patient enough to give me two seasons? Are you guys going to be patient enough if I don’t play him? So, if we do that, we’re doing that to play him. I’m not doing it to have him wait, because again, it is about, like I said, to me, the third season is when you take another step and hopefully, we’ve done the things with the other positions that would warrant us, finding the guy to put in and get ready to roll whether it comes from one of those four avenues or not. That’s the important thing that we have to decide on.” (This was after the 2021 season)

Does anyone remember his response to his own concerns? Did he go young ala Haskins or did he temporarily quell his fears with a veteran? Ladies and gentlemen of the jury I give you one Carson Wince!! (and that subsequent rant)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the nfl is littered with star college qbs who were indispensable to their college teams and turned out to be urine in the pro's

having NFL talent is only part of the equation , having a good work ethic being mature are keys . thats not on a coach or anyone else but him and we wont know if he could have overcome it just like we dont know if he could process information quick enough to succeed
Generally, You don't get drafted high by well-run teams, so the failure rate is high. Some of the failures belong to the players of course, but a lot belong to the organization as previously outlined. Let's all try to remember that coach firings happen every year and sometimes as often as QB changes.

Why is it always "work ethic" with certain players? I dunno but it has to mean something that this is the go-to! BTW: If a good work ethic bred positive results, how does one explain Rivera himself still in a head coaching position? He is the last person in the league to have the words "good work ethic' coming out of his mouth or judging someone else.

It does help to be mature enough to handle the job, but people aren't monolithic in that respect and we deal with others as they are and not what we wish them to be. Beyond that, most successful coaches have a mutualistic symbiotic relationship with one another... almost a father/son type when the player is younger and later akin to a well-established, respectful family union.

I agree that we don't know what Dwayne might have been and it's unfair to assume the worse when he didn't really have the opportunity or support here in Washington.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally, You don't get drafted high by well-run teams, so the failure rate is high. Some of the failures belong to the players of course, but a lot belong to the organization as previously outlined. Let's all try to remember that coach firings happen every year and sometimes as often as QB changes.

Why is it always "work ethic" with certain players? I dunno but it has to mean something that this is the go-to! BTW: If a good work ethic bred positive results, how does one explain Rivera himself still in a head coaching position? He is the last person in the league to have the words "good work ethic' coming out of his mouth or judging someone else.

It does help to be mature enough to handle the job, but people aren't monolithic in that respect and we deal with others as they are and not what we wish them to be. Beyond that, most successful coaches have a mutualistic symbiotic relationship with one another... almost a father/son type when the player is younger and later akin to a well-established, respectful family union.

I agree that we don't know what Dwayne might have been and it's unfair to assume the worse when he didn't really have the opportunity or support here in Washington.
I get all of what you are saying . A guy like JC had great work ethic and some tools but he couldn’t get it done .
but Haskins demonstrated poor ethic as stated above as did Johnny ManZel and what Wilson from the jets is demonstrating.

that is on them because work ethic you can control . One has the ability to drink or not to drink or take drugs or not .

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duke, this response here deserves no poop or clown emojis. I give you credit for speaking your opinion on matters. In fact, Haskins was "short changed" in DC, that much was very clear. For a man who claims he has a military background (Because Dad was military) surely didn't show much patience with a immature yet talented football player who was so young, he likely should have sat a year if not 2 coming out of OSU with one season under his belt.

I know one thing, jettisoning Haskins out of here changed the trajectory of his life which sadly ended at a young age. Not saying Ron is responsible, I'm just saying Ron gave up on a young man WAY too soon for someone known as a players coach, and is widely respected by others around the league.

We may one day look back and chalk this regime up to just another Zorn or Spurrier era that was nothing more than poor decision making, poor roster construction and no real identity. Sound familiar? Early 2022 we were throwing it all around, then we became a running team in the 2nd half of the season once they realized they had chit for QB's. Now we have hired EB and it seems as if he will identify what this offense will be. Maybe Ron & Martin can stay out of the way of this offensive reconstruction.

Perhaps once new ownership is in place, Ron hands the keys over to EB and this organization can press the reset button of sorts, take a deep breathe with things left in good hands, HC Eric Bienemy.
(Yes, I'm advocating paying Ron to move on)

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke, this response here deserves no poop or clown emojis. I give you credit for speaking your opinion on matters. In fact, Haskins was "short changed" in DC, that much was very clear. For a man who claims he has a military background (Because Dad was military) surely didn't show much patience with a immature yet talented football player who was so young, he likely should have sat a year if not 2 coming out of OSU with one season under his belt.

I know one thing, jettisoning Haskins out of here changed the trajectory of his life which sadly ended at a young age. Not saying Ron is responsible, I'm just saying Ron gave up on a young man WAY too soon for someone known as a players coach, and is widely respected by others around the league.

We may one day look back and chalk this regime up to just another Zorn or Spurrier era that was nothing more than poor decision making, poor roster construction and no real identity. Sound familiar? Early 2022 we were throwing it all around, then we became a running team in the 2nd half of the season once they realized they had chit for QB's. Now we have hired EB and it seems as if he will identify what this offense will be. Maybe Ron & Martin can stay out of the way of this offensive reconstruction.

Perhaps once new ownership is in place, Ron hands the keys over to EB and this organization can press the reset button of sorts, take a deep breathe with things left in good hands, HC Eric Bienemy.
(Yes, I'm advocating paying Ron to move on)
You see it’s easy now to say Haskins should’ve sat for a year or two, but I don’t remember anyone other than sty saying it at the time. Ron gave the boy several chances.

How do you know EB would make a better HC? Nobody including his black gm at the bears would hire him as HC. Now about that sitting for a year. Well Howell basically did and RR is catching hell for it from the fanbase.

On to the “nepotism” about Ron. I remember the same shit said about shanahan, but now everyone including me says Kyle should’ve been the HC here, I also remember when Mcvay was OC the same shit was said about him as far as playcalling. There you have it, probably my longest post on the hoop ever. Lol

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is true. The NFL has tons of ex-college QBs who were studs and did not transition well in the NFL. I agree.

I also agree that a QB must hone their craft and continue to progress and learn. Work ethic is huge and self-discipline is invaluable to get anywhere as an NFL QB.

Haskins CLEARLY had his struggles in these areas and more. The bottom line is that Rivera didn't even give him a full year to improve/figure it out. I think the decision was made much too soon. I don't think anything Haskins did was unforgivable. Perhaps there was a serious transgression of sorts that was never reported?

What I do know is that the picture Rivera painted was far different than the one Day painted. I also know that Rivera literally had 1 successful QB in his 12 years as a HC. I think patience and proper coaching would have helped of course. I am not saying it is 100% Rivera's fault BUT history is NOT on Rivera's side when it comes to success and developing QBs.