• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft Thread

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am stoked, like Barnett. This kid is going to be a household name in Eagles land. I am really surprised to hear some of the hate? I read they passed on Foster and Allen because of injuries. I am sure they wanted McCafterty and Barnett was on the board. He was projected a top ten pick.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want offense in next 2 rounds. Mixon and Godwin and I will sleep well tonight. Now that we have a solid DL in tact, the CB issue can be addressed later imo.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this review about the Barnett Pick,

Strengths: Bull-rushing, outside rushing, first-step burst, pursuit.

Weaknesses: Technique, not being Myles Garrett.

Derek Barnett broke Reggie White's University of Tennessee sack record with 33 career sacks. According to one school of thought, that makes Barnett, well, perhaps not better than the Minister himself, but certainly better than Garrett.

Folks, teams attempted between 20 and 25 passes per game against the Volunteers in White's heyday. They attempt about 33 passes per game now. Sacks are a lot easier to come by than they used to be.

And as great as Barnett is, he's not a generational prospect like Garrett. He's an excellent all-around pass-rusher who can handle himself against the run and showed occasional ability to drop into coverage without needing a roadmap. He lacks an array of technical moves, however, as well as Garrett's all-galaxy athleticism and ability to make opponents rewrite their playbooks.

Barnett is a better all-around defender and safer choice than many other big-name edge-rushers on the draft board, like Taco Charlton and Takkarist McKinley. Somewhere between overrating him because of a record and underrating him because he lacks fizzy "upside," the Eagles got this selection just right.

No, Philly Phaithful: He's not Reggie White. But there are Mike Mamulas lurking in this draft, and Barnett is not that, either. He'll fit the system, upgrade the pass rush, and not get pushed around when the Cowboys start running in his direction 40 times per game.

Grade: A-

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm alone in liking the pick ... not a sexy pick, but the kid knows how to get to the QB, plays with really good leverage, excellent hand use and sets the edge well against the run. Yes, he's not Von Miller off the snap, but he gets the job done in other ways. Not my top selection of who was left, but it's a solid pick none the less.

Nope not alone I have been on this kid for some time. Watch his tape against big schools like Alabama. He reminds,of Terrel Suggs motor never stops, around the football and productive, not a sexy pick but he is a solid pick

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this review about the Barnett Pick,

Strengths: Bull-rushing, outside rushing, first-step burst, pursuit.

Weaknesses: Technique, not being Myles Garrett.

Derek Barnett broke Reggie White's University of Tennessee sack record with 33 career sacks. According to one school of thought, that makes Barnett, well, perhaps not better than the Minister himself, but certainly better than Garrett.

Folks, teams attempted between 20 and 25 passes per game against the Volunteers in White's heyday. They attempt about 33 passes per game now. Sacks are a lot easier to come by than they used to be.

And as great as Barnett is, he's not a generational prospect like Garrett. He's an excellent all-around pass-rusher who can handle himself against the run and showed occasional ability to drop into coverage without needing a roadmap. He lacks an array of technical moves, however, as well as Garrett's all-galaxy athleticism and ability to make opponents rewrite their playbooks.

Barnett is a better all-around defender and safer choice than many other big-name edge-rushers on the draft board, like Taco Charlton and Takkarist McKinley. Somewhere between overrating him because of a record and underrating him because he lacks fizzy "upside," the Eagles got this selection just right.

No, Philly Phaithful: He's not Reggie White. But there are Mike Mamulas lurking in this draft, and Barnett is not that, either. He'll fit the system, upgrade the pass rush, and not get pushed around when the Cowboys start running in his direction 40 times per game.

Grade: A-
I would actually somewhat agree with this.....Except heres the problem for me, we could have gotten this kind of player in rd 2.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope not alone I have been on this kid for some time. Watch his tape against big schools like Alabama. He reminds,of Terrel Suggs motor never stops, around the football and productive, not a sexy pick but he is a solid pick
yeah i don't see that....his motor stops quite often....at times looks lazy to me.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i don't see that....his motor stops quite often....at times looks lazy to me.
Nope not what I saw. But hey you know best :)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of the corners still on the board for round 2!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie gets a C- for the first round. Because of all the talent he passed up on. No excuse. Now we still need a RB and CB and we had depth at DE. This is my worst scenario that could have happened.

Me too. We picked the one guy I didn't want.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im done being Negative....i wanna support the pick....I don't like it, but hes an Eagle now....So therefore i am now a Barnett fan.
Kudos to you. I'm going to whine a bit more. At least until Saturday. ;)

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to admit it... But Mixon is stud and ill be happy if his an Eagle in 24 hours.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of the corners still on the board for round 2!
I hope that the run does not finish before #43. I would have preferred taking Conley with #14 (or even White) and hoping for Lawson at #43.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope I don't know a damn thing. I'm just a fan. Can't wait to get my Barnett jersey! THE NEXT REGGIE WHITE

I'm confused. He is going to be reggie white... but in the other thread, you said... this was one of the players you did "NOT" want.

I don't want...

1. McCaffery - reason is I don't want to pick him, and still not have a every down back.
2 Barnett - his slow get off scares the shit out of out of me... name me a great de that was slow off off the snap?
3. White - human penalty flag

I'm confused.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still shocked that so many offensive players went off the board so fast. I really thought we would have much better options than we did at 14. 3 WR's by pick 9?? 1/3 of the picks, WR's?? crazy.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are ya confused about? My sarcasm? I think I made it quite clear, that I do
not like the pick. I don't think he will be a bad player I see a 7-8 sacks per year on average guy. My problem is you could have gotten that kind of player in rd 2. Period.