• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft Thread

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word was they would have taken Cook instead of Jones if the Vikes hadnt taken him.

Much rather have Jones and the potential for a shutdown corner.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right there with you .. too many worries with Cook between friends, family and shoulders.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sell Corey Clement short, as an add-on to Smallwood, and they will add another RB to the mix. Don't forget Pumphrey, a burner.Clement is pretty good. Also, i think that we did a good job adding w WR's to the mix, along with Smith, Jeffrey, and Matthews. I think our WR corps is real good.

Clement is capable . . . but I won't stake any money on him making the roster. But if he does, he definitely has some value in a committee-type backfield.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are rebuilding folks. Wentz will be here until 2030. Next year we need OT,RB, LBs. Hopefully Vaiti steps up and we can just focus on an elite RB.

Patience...

We will likely need DBs heading into 2018 as well. It's still not clear if we've solved the CB situation. On the S side of things Jenkins will turn 31 during the 2018 season, McLeod's contract starts to escalate in 2019 and 2020 (so we'll have to see if his performance matches the value of his contract), and Watkins will be entering free agency.

I like Watkins so it'd be great if they could keep him around, but they may need to add at least 1 CB and 1 S in the 2018 draft. We also may still be in the market for a WR, depends on how things play out.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word was they would have taken Cook instead of Jones if the Vikes hadnt taken him.

Yeah, the current status of Jones would've made Cook an easier selection if both were available, but that's not how the chips fell. I'm thrilled about the prospect of Jones in our secondary for the future. RBs are much easier to find -- we'll run with a committee this year, and maybe even add a veteran FA, and then I have no doubt we'll target our workhorse runner in next years draft.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep - as much as I like Cook, good corners are hard to find. They'll get by at RB for now with what they have.

Watching Carroll and McKelvin last year almost gave me an ulcer.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - as much as I like Cook, good corners are hard to find. They'll get by at RB for now with what they have.

Watching Carroll and McKelvin last year almost gave me an ulcer.

I can't wait to play the Vikings in the playoffs and get a few loose ball freebies at the hands of Cook.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man this is so impressive to watch. The toughest 176lber I've ever seen. Douglas said it best, he's a little dog, who thinks he's a big dog. Always driving forward, absolutely fearless, and plays with a big chip on his shoulder. No he's not going have this type of role in the NFL, but it's incredibly impressive to watch, even if it's against Fresno St. Some incredible feet on this kid, he makes defenders look silly. He's going to be a fun toy for this team on both offense and special teams.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we got our Sproles replacement in the later rounds rather than at #14 reach with mccaffery

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pumphrey needs to gain at least 8-10 lbs to be able to hold up at the pro level. There's no doubt the kid has a ton of heart and fight on top of all his other obvious skills, but the size and strength of pro players is superior to what he was able to do things against in college. I'm cool with the pick though after not being too sure about it at the time we made it.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man this is so impressive to watch. The toughest 176lber I've ever seen. Douglas said it best, he's a little dog, who thinks he's a big dog. Always driving forward, absolutely fearless, and plays with a big chip on his shoulder. No he's not going have this type of role in the NFL, but it's incredibly impressive to watch, even if it's against Fresno St. Some incredible feet on this kid, he makes defenders look silly. He's going to be a fun toy for this team on both offense and special teams.

very impressive. He keeps his feet moving. Almost ALWAYS falls forward and picks up a few more yards doing just that alone. He doesn't dance looking for the hole - he trusts that it will be there, and just hits it full speed. He is really quite impressive. And he has to be harder to see for the defense behind the big bodies. He has good change of direction and speed. I think the coaches did their homework and found a true upside pick here. Can't wait to see what he can do at this level.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good deal of the time Pumphrey uses his momentum to twist and turn "after" contact to get an extra yard or two. Plus he doesn't seem to ever get tired despite the big workload ... "energy-wise" he seems similar to NBA's Russell Westbrook where it's 100%, 100% of the time. His NFL comparison is Warrick Dunn ... very similar body type; I think the highest weight Dunn ever got to was around 188. Dunn finished his career with 5 1000 yard seasons.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here was Dunn's bio when picked by Tampa Bay:

Round 1/12 -- Warrick Dunn, RB, Florida State

With Errict Rhett and Mike Alstott, the Bucs lack speed in the running back position and Dunn gives them, perhaps for the first time in club history, someone at that position who can go the distance. But at 5-8, 176 pounds, the Bucs admit they will have to be careful how to deploy him. Dunn rushed for 3,959 yards and 49 touchdowns in his career at Florida State. The Bucs think he can be used on third down and some on first down, as well as a kick returner. Most applaud the selection of Dunn, although the Bucs admit they reached a bit by making him the 12th overall selection when he likely would've been there at 16.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's like Allen Iverson.

I hope he gets #3.:D