• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFL DRAFT DAY 2 ROUNDS 2&3

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High light of the day was trading for Stevie Johnson. I know Carlos Hyde and he's probably the only other highlight I'm just not sure how much he is going to help this year. If they had won the Super Bowl I would understand a little more, but they didn't the division rivals did and the Niners needed to catch up and in my opinion they didn't.

We got a damn good slot WR in Stevie, got our future starting RB and got OL and LB depth. Who in hell would we get in the 3rd Rnd that would start for us

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very very disappointed. I understand it a little but damn we could of added a need position.

Like what? We addef a cb, a wr, a top rb (my favorite), a stud ilb and a steal of an olineman.

Im in heaven with this draft.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well guys it wasn't a great draft but we did draft some solid players.

Added some Depth.

As of right now I got us at a C+.

Ward: C (won't help right away but will be a nice combo with Reid)
Hyde: B(A talent) Just not a need.
Martin: B( has a shot to start right away) I want to say F because I hate USC but truth is he is good.
Borland: C+(was going to go with C- but badger talked me into moving my grade up)
Brandon Thomas: C- (don't get this pick)

Overall: reason for C+ because we had the a lot of Ammo and we didn't use it to get top talent that can help us right away. This should of been an easy A with the picks we had.

HE WILL PLAY SLOT CORNER. This is not the first time you have been informed of this. Why are you playing dumb?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok..self medicated with another beer...great:suds: Wow: an OT who will redshirt his ACL...where we gonna fit all these guys? will he even make it to the practice squad?? Observation: no speed pick ups today we didn't get any faster team speed wise..nor did we get faster at the skill positions..at least we have a chance in the early 4th tomorrow.. but all the teams will have all night to reset their boards..what are the odds we trade out again tomorrow with our early pick?? pretty good I bet. ::doh:

Brandon Thomas will be placed on the non football injury list like Lattimore was.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want DBs and maybe a pass rusher. I'm not crapping my pants like some. Seems like a very pragmatic draft so far.

I'm betting we take 3 more players max and parlay the rest of the picks into 2015.

Didn't we basically get Johnson for free from a pick perspective? Or am I reading posts wrong?

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HE WILL PLAY SLOT CORNER. This is not the first time you have been informed of this. Why are you playing dumb?

AngryNiner, numerous posters have informed him of this and he still doesn't understand. He thinks he has to learn the nickle/slot corner position, where in fact Ward played numerous positions this past college season.:scratch:

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want DBs and maybe a pass rusher. I'm not crapping my pants like some. Seems like a very pragmatic draft so far.

I'm betting we take 3 more players max and parlay the rest of the picks into 2015.

Didn't we basically get Johnson for free from a pick perspective? Or am I reading posts wrong?

True. We traded back with Denver and got theirs. It replaces the one we traded for Johnson.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williamson from ESpN thinks we drafted Borland to take over for Willis in a year as he turns 30 and is old. Man is he crazy

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williamson from ESpN thinks we drafted Borland to take over for Willis in a year as he turns 30 and is old. Man is he crazy

I don't think he's done in a year, but he seemed a hair slower last year. A few of us commented on it.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AngryNiner, numerous posters have informed him of this and he still doesn't understand. He thinks he has to learn the nickle/slot corner position, where in fact Ward played numerous positions this past college season.:scratch:

im trying to understand why he is still ignoring this. I think he just wants something to whine and be a debbie downer. Trying to find something to complain about when he knows Ward is going to be on the field a lot next season.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's done in a year, but he seemed a hair slower last year. A few of us commented on it.

I agree Willis didnt seem his usual self. Its hard to imagine losing Bowman or Willis but I i had to chose id keep Bowman even with the recent injury

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he will sit out more plays this year then usual and Borland will help keep him fresh

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Willis didnt seem his usual self. Its hard to imagine losing Bowman or Willis but I i had to chose id keep Bowman even with the recent injury

Oh yeah. Willis will be gone before Bow....I could actually see see Patrick hanging it up in 2-3 if we win a SB.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williamson is an idiot, anyone could produce better material than him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Panthers GM Dave Gettleman will draft remotely via Skype tomorrow so he can attend his son’s college graduation.

Ahh, technology.