• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I doubt that any of the 3 teams you mentioned would give up on their 1st round draft pick so easily.
Oh I don't think it would be easy. Even if the Niners had the 4th pick of the draft like the VaGiants had in '04 I think it would take more than what the Chargers got for Eli (the punk as Ben Maller calls him 'cause of his Elway-like draft stance). Might even take a lot more.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondered if it was something like this, but that takes hella more time than I have. How do you decide who is even worth watching? All-American lists?

Some of them are guys i've seen just by watching games, others are from lists put together from other Mock drafts, big boards, or guys that people will bring up from the old ESPN board. If i hear about a player i will usually go and check them out. I usually try to keep a closer eye on QB's, WR's, and pass rushers. However, this year my focus is on CB's due to the lack of talented ones on this team and the fact that as i believe imac has brought up. It's much harder to find a top level corner after the first couple of rounds.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that any of the 3 teams you mentioned would give up on their 1st round draft pick so easily.
Oh I don't think it would be easy. Even if the Niners had the 4th pick of the draft like the VaGiants had in '04 I think it would take more than what the Chargers got for Eli (the punk as Ben Maller calls him 'cause of his Elway-like draft stance). Might even take a lot more.

Well it could end up being a lot like the '04 draft. They had 3 talented QB's in Manning, Rivers, and Ben. It could be very similar if Luck, Barkley, and Jones all come out. If they could do it all over do you think the Giants would of made the trade still? Or just take Rivers of Big Ben? I always hated Eli because of that stupid move. Beating the Pats in the Super Bowl is the only thing he has done to redeem himself in my eyes. I doubt Luck would hold out like Eli did, though so unless a team with the first over all pick doesn't need a QB, i doubt this would happen.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of them are guys i've seen just by watching games, others are from lists put together from other Mock drafts, big boards, or guys that people will bring up from the old ESPN board. If i hear about a player i will usually go and check them out. I usually try to keep a closer eye on QB's, WR's, and pass rushers. However, this year my focus is on CB's due to the lack of talented ones on this team and the fact that as i believe imac has brought up. It's much harder to find a top level corner after the first couple of rounds.

Cool, thanks for sharing. Might try to start with just a couple positions that we might need...once the season is going.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, thanks for sharing. Might try to start with just a couple positions that we might need...once the season is going.

Anytime. I hope it was somewhat useful. I'll admit i'm not the best at this kind of stuff, but it's nice to have more knowledge come draft day.

Check out http://www.footballsfuture dot com

They have a ton of traffic (some good, some bad) on their NFL draft board.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more i look at the CB's in this class, the more i'm intrigued. It's a fairly deep class and i haven't really made up my mind on all of them yet, but it could be very promising.

Jayron Hosley - VT
Cliff Harris - Oregon
Stephon Gilmore - SC
Dre Kirkpatrick - Bama
Alfonzo Dennard - Neb.
Donnie Fletcher - BC

I'm not a fan of next year's CB crop. Stephon Gilmore intrigues me from a physical aspect, though. He's one of the most explosive CBs I've seen on the collegiate level, but he's so freakin' raw from a technique standpoint it's painful to watch. Janoris Jenkins has gotten a lot of hype but he's a guy that I personally wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Doesn't have the physical tools I look for and is a headache off the field. I like Dre Kirkpatrick and Alfonzo Dennard better as Safeties than CBs.

The only two CBs I like right now are Donnie Fletcher and Chase Minnifield. We'll see how/if that changes, however.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of next year's CB crop. Stephon Gilmore intrigues me from a physical aspect, though. He's one of the most explosive CBs I've seen on the collegiate level, but he's so freakin' raw from a technique standpoint it's painful to watch. Janoris Jenkins has gotten a lot of hype but he's a guy that I personally wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Doesn't have the physical tools I look for and is a headache off the field. I like Dre Kirkpatrick and Alfonzo Dennard better as Safeties than CBs.

The only two CBs I like right now are Donnie Fletcher and Chase Minnifield. We'll see how/if that changes, however.

Thanks for the input clyde. What are your thoughts on Cliff Harris?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input clyde. What are your thoughts on Cliff Harris?

The West's version of Janoris Jenkins, though not as stupid and much faster. A lot of people are (were?) talking about him as a surefire first round pick but he's more of a 2nd rounder to me.

calison3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The West's version of Janoris Jenkins, though not as stupid and much faster. A lot of people are (were?) talking about him as a surefire first round pick but he's more of a 2nd rounder to me.

He might be a little bit faster, but there's no way he's a lot faster unless he runs a 4.2 or something.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for the input clyde. I would love to get him in the 2nd round. I can see what you mean about talent at the top of this years CB class. That might be a good thing for us if the talent is all around the late first to 2nd and 3rd rounds. That would give us a chance to at least get one of them and hope they can progress into a starter.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WR class looks like it has the potential to be fairly solid. I wish a few of these guys would have come out this year. The first 4 should all be 1st round considerations, but there is some solid depth for 2nd/3rd round picks as well.

Justin Blackmon
Alshon Jeffery
Ryan Broyles
Michael Floyd
Nick Toon
Mohamed Sanu
Greg Childs
Jeff Fuller
Jermaine Kearse
DeVier Posey
Chris Owusu

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kirk Cousins is weak.

The guy is my heisman favorite.

Big-Ten can't defend the pass. He has upcoming superstar Bennie Fowler, an exciting player in Keshawn Martin, and he still has his possession go to guys in Cunningham and Nichols.

Add that with Edwin Baker; one of the best RBs in college. Stanzi had about the same amount of weapons, if not, maybe more weapons than Cousins.

Stanzi (2010) - 3004 yards/ 26 TDs + 2 (rushing) TDs / 6 INTs
Great statline, but doesn't tell the whole story. Cousins should be able to beat him in yards and TDs as long as he stays healthy.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to say it Sick, I agree with you. At this point I'm not a huge fan of the '12 draft. Though a lot of people are in love with it.

The DL looks real shallow, but that's to be expected after two great DL classes.

Come draft time that could play into our hands as people reach for DL causing better players to slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.