• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck said he's coming out at the end of the season.

Stanford's Andrew Luck: This is my last year

I stand corrected. That's great to know. Isn't it unusual for a player to announce what he's going to do before the season starts? Either way this truly is the race to Andrew Luck. I can't imagine the Browns, Bills, Dolphins, Redskins, Seahawks, Broncos, or Raiders passing him up and those are all teams who could potentially be picking first. I know i'm getting way ahead of myself, but i wonder if Harbaugh would pass on him because of Kaepernick.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm hoping a team like Lions get the 1st pick (not bloody likely) because they'd be wililng to trade the pick for a king's ransom (if Stafford gets healthy of course).

Tennessee or Jacksonville or Carolina might be willing to deal if they like their guys.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping a team like Lions get the 1st pick (not bloody likely) because they'd be wililng to trade the pick for a king's ransom (if Stafford gets healthy of course).

Tennessee or Jacksonville or Carolina might be willing to deal if they like their guys.

I doubt that any of the 3 teams you mentioned would give up on their 1st round draft pick so easily. It would be much more beneficial to trade down and accept an Eli Manning type offer. It would probably cost at least two 1st rounders and a 2nd to get him, but i would do it.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that any of the 3 teams you mentioned would give up on their 1st round draft pick so easily. It would be much more beneficial to trade down and accept an Eli Manning type offer. It would probably cost at least two 1st rounders and a 2nd to get him, but i would do it.

I think there's gonna be more movement at the top of the draft than previously because teams won't have to invest as much for those top 5 guys due to the CBA. Before it was kind of double jeopardy for a team looking to move up. They had to give up a ransom of draft picks and sign unproven talent to ~$60mill. Now, teams have to part with picks still, but the salaries are much more palatable.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Barkley stays too. He has said numerous times he wants to win the National Championship at USC so that would mean he would have to stay in school. Of course many people say many things, but the way he improved freshman to sophomore was pretty good. It would be smart to stay. Going into his senior year, USC is bowl eligible again, and there is going to be a lot of hype around the school. If he keeps improving he will be one of the top QBs in college and have a great shot to go #1 overall. From a money standpoint going #1 isn't what it was in the past, but as far as endorsements it is huge. Not to mention if he was able to put together a Heisman type season.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's gonna be more movement at the top of the draft than previously because teams won't have to invest as much for those top 5 guys due to the CBA. Before it was kind of double jeopardy for a team looking to move up. They had to give up a ransom of draft picks and sign unproven talent to ~$60mill. Now, teams have to part with picks still, but the salaries are much more palatable.

That is a very solid point you bring up. I'm sure teams are going to ask more in that scenario because of what you just pointed out. It won't cost as much to move up as far as money is concerned.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a very solid point you bring up. I'm sure teams are going to ask more in that scenario because of what you just pointed out. It won't cost as much to move up as far as money is concerned.

It could work both ways, I suppose. A team might ask for more, another might be willing to give up more. Perennial losers will be able to afford to make those high picks a few years in a row to try to bolster their teams and may not want to trade down. It will be very interesting to me how it shifts in the next 4-5 years.

As a a fan, bringing those rookie wages back down is one of the better parts of the new CBA. If you're team has a top 5 pick fail, it doesn't cripple your cap for 4-5 years.

krunchdoggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey Bingo, ya see we got Winston, lets just hope he does not choose to become a pro baseball player.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vontaze Burfict intrigues me, but apparently he got in a fight with a teammate the other day. Not sure if his head is screwed on straight or not.

Stephon Gilmore is kind of intriguing to me too.

Luck, Barkley, and Blackmon are my favorite prospects in that order.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Bingo, ya see we got Winston, lets just hope he does not choose to become a pro baseball player.

Yeah, I was so hype when I found out. He'll play football.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more i look at the CB's in this class, the more i'm intrigued. It's a fairly deep class and i haven't really made up my mind on all of them yet, but it could be very promising.

Jayron Hosley - VT
Cliff Harris - Oregon
Stephon Gilmore - SC
Dre Kirkpatrick - Bama
Alfonzo Dennard - Neb.
Donnie Fletcher - BC

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about as newbish as it gets, but how do you guys learn about these prospects? Is it just guys in your region you get to see, do you get it from Rivals, or what? I hardly know about any college prospects until closer to the draft.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about as newbish as it gets, but how do you guys learn about these prospects? Is it just guys in your region you get to see, do you get it from Rivals, or what? I hardly know about any college prospects until closer to the draft.

From watching games. Sometimes i will tape some and watch others online so i can go back and watch specific players. A lot of times i use youtube, all though that can be bad sometimes when they only show the highlights. I like to get a good mixture of good and bad. FF has the biggest draft discussions i've seen around. Clyde, Sickness, and Pozz would be better to ask.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From watching games. Sometimes i will tape some and watch others online so i can go back and watch specific players. A lot of times i use youtube, all though that can be bad sometimes when they only show the highlights. I like to get a good mixture of good and bad. FF has the biggest draft discussions i've seen around. Clyde, Sickness, and Pozz would be better to ask.

I wondered if it was something like this, but that takes hella more time than I have. How do you decide who is even worth watching? All-American lists?

Status
Not open for further replies.