• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL decrees that all teams must hire a woman or a minority

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you were a kid, they did not have any LGBT they were all just queers back then.

What does it take to be a pervert these days?
So true, simple times then.

They used to keep quiet about it, now they want a prize for perversion.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true, simple times then.

They used to keep quiet about it, now they want a prize for perversion.
I find nothing perverted about two hot babes going at it...well, I'd be the pervert watching.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take the NFL a little more seriously if it weren’t for the fact that this piece of shit still owns the team in DC…

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take the NFL a little more seriously if it weren’t for the fact that this piece of shit still owns the team in DC…

This new mandate will force some woman into having to work for this scumbag. That, in and of itself, makes this whole thing a bad idea.
On another note, I do think there are a lot of wonen out there with great football IQs who know the game inside and out and deserve a chance to prove themselves. But this self serving PR stunt isn't the right way to go about the matter.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this going to be like the Ronney Rule where it stops at like April 1st?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick recently stated hes not big on titles but did state he was considering a team seamstress.

But I find this both sexist and racist.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the lack of minority coaches in the league because of racism, or because many athletes really don't receive an education even though they graduate from college?
There really isn't a lack of minority coaches. But the metrics they are using is comparing the percentage of minority coaches to the percentage of minority players. The majority of head coaches never played in the league. I think only about 7 of the current head coaches have

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they say why they they're doing this with offensive coaches rather than just all coaches?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Is the lack of minority coaches in the league because of racism, or because many athletes really don't receive an education even though they graduate from college?

Neither.

The league has a nepotism problem not a racism problem. When you're a head coach and you have a couple of years to win it simply boils down you're going to hire guys that you know and trust or that someone you know and trust can vet. When the difference between getting fired or keeping your job is 9-8 missing the playoffs and 10-7 making the playoffs you just aren't going to want to take many chances on hiring guys that might qualified but you don't know how they'll fit your system.

That's why my personal opinion is that instead of forcing teams to hire a minority they should in every offseason have some big workshop that lasts like 4 days to a week and require all coaches and owners to attend it and invite some qualified minorities to it. Get these guys in a room to talk shop, get to know each other, and build relationships that can bear fruit down the line.

That to me is the best chance to start breaking up the nepotism a bit by introducing more guys into the pool so to speak.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither.

The league has a nepotism problem not a racism problem. When you're a head coach and you have a couple of years to win it simply boils down you're going to hire guys that you know and trust or that someone you know and trust can vet. When the difference between getting fired or keeping your job is 9-8 missing the playoffs and 10-7 making the playoffs you just aren't going to want to take many chances on hiring guys that might qualified but you don't know how they'll fit your system.

That's why my personal opinion is that instead of forcing teams to hire a minority they should in every offseason have some big workshop that lasts like 4 days to a week and require all coaches and owners to attend it and invite some qualified minorities to it. Get these guys in a room to talk shop, get to know each other, and build relationships that can bear fruit down the line.

That to me is the best chance to start breaking up the nepotism a bit by introducing more guys into the pool so to speak.

You hit it on the head.

It is a nepotism problem first and foremost.

I don’t think creating positions is the way to solve it, but it is pretty clear that status quo needs to change in some way to create more opportunities for talented coaches.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they say why they they're doing this with offensive coaches rather than just all coaches?
B/c HCs have been coming from the QB coach & OC level (offensive coaches), and there are rather few black men in those positions. This is an attempt to force teams into having a designated Minority Offense Assistant.

From the various articles on this, it looks like any team that already has a black/minority as a OC, QB coach, or Asst. HC already satisfies the requirement. But teams that don't already have one, already have a full coaching staff--b/c no team isgonna fire an assistant and tell them, "sorry, we have to replace you with a black man." So, teams that don't already meet the new rules will literally have to invent a new coaching position, and make up rule-meeting responsibilities for, this new, league-required and league-paid, minority assistant.