• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL COVID THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the news this morning that 84 of the 90 Broncos players are vaccinated.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is something to be proud of. The Rams have smart players on their team.

Poor Ron Rivera survived cancer and can't get almost half of his players to give their coach's health any consideration.

Saints as well. Heard they're at 90% roughly

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks have 89 of 90 players partially or fully vaccinated.
The Seahawks were the only team without a covid19 case in 2020.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah we were.

Those are some good numbers.

As someone who is more likely to get Covid then most. It's feels good getting back to a normal life. Masks or no masks.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated

NFL is going to have to rethink it's COVID rules because it's starting to look more and more like vaccinated people can spread it just as easily as unvaccinated people.

If that actually turns out to be the case I don't see how you can punish unvaccinated players for an outbreak if vaccinated players can spread it just as easily. In fact because the rules are so strict for unvaccinated players compared to vaccinated players it's more likely a vaccinated player will cause an outbreak over an unvaccinated one.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated

NFL is going to have to rethink it's COVID rules because it's starting to look more and more like vaccinated people can spread it just as easily as unvaccinated people.

If that actually turns out to be the case I don't see how you can punish unvaccinated players for an outbreak if vaccinated players can spread it just as easily. In fact because the rules are so strict for unvaccinated players compared to vaccinated players it's more likely a vaccinated player will cause an outbreak over an unvaccinated one.
I think the what's being overlooked is not so much the spreading of it but, those that have been vacinated are much more likely not to die or have severe symptoms from it. This is like the flu. The Delta variant appears to be more contagious which is why more are being effected. Like the flu if you get vaccinated your chance of dying from it are drastically reduced. So that is likely what the NFL will claim. I can't blame them.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was planning on bringing my vaccine card just in case. There is debate on if the New Orleans Mayor is able to make this requirement though.

I wonder how many this would leave out of the stadium? Will those without vaccine shots and tickets to the game go get a covid test within 3 days to show they are negative?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in San Diego a couple of weeks ago. Most people are vaccinated and now most go around without facemask and party as if nothing. The vaccine is only one preventive measure. IMO, people need to be more careful until we overcome this mysterious pandemic.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
89 out of 90? Who wants to be that one jackass :L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on. That was one isolated event in a location where the vaccination rate was probably as high as anywhere in the Country. Nationally it's like 95% of cases that are unvaccinated and it's not much above 50/50 percent vaccinated in total population. Screw anyone that is an NFL player that isn't vaccinated and costs his team a forfeit because of it. If you are vaccinated and don't do stupid shit and still get COVID (because we all know it is possible even if vaccinated) then you did all you could and it was just bad luck. The vaccine is working....except of course for the f'in Yankees. WTF is going on there? They mostly got J&J from what I heard months back but still. Doesn't that one work at all??? Must be a bad batch or something

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
89 out of 90? Who wants to be that one jackass :L
Just to be clear. I'm not calling "regular" people who aren't vaccinated jackasses, just the NFL players who know the consequences. Just like the players in the past that got caught smoking weed. I have no issue with smoking weed, just for those who knew they'd be suspended and cost their team if they were caught.

I will be watching hard knocks to see which cowboys are wearing masks in certain settings. So far I saw La'el Collins wearing one

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Come on. That was one isolated event in a location where the vaccination rate was probably as high as anywhere in the Country. Nationally it's like 95% of cases that are unvaccinated and it's not much above 50/50 percent vaccinated in total population. Screw anyone that is an NFL player that isn't vaccinated and costs his team a forfeit because of it. If you are vaccinated and don't do stupid shit and still get COVID (because we all know it is possible even if vaccinated) then you did all you could and it was just bad luck. The vaccine is working....except of course for the f'in Yankees. WTF is going on there? They mostly got J&J from what I heard months back but still. Doesn't that one work at all??? Must be a bad batch or something
If they want to require more protocols for unvaccinated players fine but if vaccinated people can still get it and spread it I think it's wrong to have special punishments for unvaccinated players especially when there is still so much unknown and things are constantly shifting because new data is constantly coming in. We've gone from vaccinated people don't need masks anymore to vaccinated people should wear masks again and now talks of a possible 3rd shot.

Just sounds stupid that if you're vaccinated and end up causing your team a forfeit that's fine but if your unvaccinated and cause a forfeit that's not ok especially if you followed all of the protocols.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to require more protocols for unvaccinated players fine but if vaccinated people can still get it and spread it I think it's wrong to have special punishments for unvaccinated players especially when there is still so much unknown and things are constantly shifting because new data is constantly coming in. We've gone from vaccinated people don't need masks anymore to vaccinated people should wear masks again and now talks of a possible 3rd shot.

Just sounds stupid that if you're vaccinated and end up causing your team a forfeit that's fine but if your unvaccinated and cause a forfeit that's not ok especially if you followed all of the protocols.
First off I wouldn't allow non-vaccinated people into stadiums without a negative test result, but to compare the breakthrough cases with non-vaccinated people is just wrong. The vaccine was never 100%. Mask wearing was never 100%. But when over 90% of new cases are unvaccinated people, if you, as a player, don't do what you can to minimize the possibility of getting COVID and costing your team a game you should be held accountable. You know the rules. If you choose to not get vaccinated knowing full well what those rules are I have no sympathy for you or your team if you forfeit and if it's my team I'm going to be f'in pissed at the player that causes the forfeit. If I'm a GM I'd cut every bubble player that isn't vaccinated until they change the rule

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Browns GM Andrew Berry: more than 90% of players , 100% of coaching staff is vaccinated for covid-19