• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Bucket Draft Playoff 2 : Mebert vs WLK

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MEBERT

OFFENSE
QB - John Elway - 5
RB - O.J. Simpson - 3
FB - Lorenzo Neal - 8
WR - A.J. Green - 7
WR - Paul Warfield - 4
WR - Wes Welker - 6
TE - Dave Casper - 4
LT - Rosey Brown - 3
LG - Gene Upshaw - 2
C - Mike Webster - 1
RG - Will Shields - 6
RT - Forrest Gregg - 1

DEFENSE
LDE - Reggie White - 4
LDT - Mean Joe Greene - 1
RDT - Alan Page - 2
RDE - Mario Williams - 8
LLB - Larry Grantham - 6
MLB - Luke Kuechly - 8
RLB - Keith Bulluck - 4
LCB - Dick LeBeau - 5
NCB - Lemar Parrish - 7
RCB - Emmitt Thomas - 6
SS - Kenny Easley - 7
FS - Earl Thomas - 7

VS

WLK

OFFENSE
QB - Joe Montana - 1
RB - Marshall Faulk - 3
RB - Jerome Bettis - 1
WR - Steve Smith - 8
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - 5
WR - Charlie Joiner - 7
TE - Mike Ditka - 2
LT - Tony Boselli - 8
LG - Russ Grimm - 3
C - Kevin Mawae - 7
RG - Joe DeLamielleure - 4
RT - Gary Zimmerman - 5

DEFENSE
LDE - Julius Peppers - 8
LDT - Richard Seymour - 6
RDT - Buck Buchanan - 6
RDE - Bruce Smith - 3
LLB - Jack Ham - 1
MLB - Zach Thomas - 4
RLB - Junior Seau - 6
LCB - Charles Woodson - 2
RCB - Willie Brown - 2
NCB - Troy Vincent - 4
SS - John Lynch - 7
FS - Steve Atwater - 5

Looking at you're team it lacks explosion on offense and while that doesn't turn me away it does cause for concern... The reason is my secondary is very good... There is no reason for me to have to double any of your receivers... This negates the greatness of your Dline somewhat... You're strength is OJ and I have a great Dline even if it's not as good as yours...

Seymour is 6'6" 303 pounds 7x probowler and 3x 1st team all pro NFL HOF 1st team all 2000s...

Buck Buchanan is 6'7" 270 pounds 8x probowler 4x 1st allpro and HOF...

Julius Peppers is 6'6" 283 pounds 8x probowler 3x 1st team all pro 131 sacks...

And Bruce Smith is mr 200 sacks and he also can play the run I think we all can agree...

So while you also have a great oline it's not as huge of an advantage as you originally would have thought... When we factor in the best LB crew in the draft it pretty much slows that run game down especially when as mentioned I'm bringing in some safety help, 2 of the best tackling and covering safties ever... By the way Atwater is 6'3" and Lynch is 6'2" so i have size all over the field including my CBs who are all 6'1" and Woodson has almost 1000 tackles and Vincent has well over 700, and Willie can tackle I think we all can agree... Did I tell you Willie has 54 picks, Vincent has 47, and Woodson has 64... So yeah my secondary is good vs both the pass and run... With your below average WR corp (for these mocks) you're too 1 dimensional...

Flipping sides while I agree your Dline is special the best way to slow them down is to quick pass... In steps Montana and the west coast offense... Instead of Roger Craig I have do it all Hall of Fame RB Marshall Faulk... He's gotten over 2000 YFS 4x and is ranked 4th all time there... You'd think he was just a pass catcher but he also 10th all time rushing with him being 34th all time in receptions... 100 rushing touchdowns with an offensive line that has 3 HOFers and 2 who will be without question... Let's not forget the Bus for short yardage... Now let's look at the recievers... Ditka may be the best blocking and catching TE of all time a double bonus... Then we have Fitz who is too big and physical for your corners, then Joiner and Smith who are great route runners and find open spots... They all have that's right Joe Montana finding them vs sub par defense...

In summary my strengths vs you're weaknesses and vice versa are in my favor...

WLK - 31
Mebert - 24

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, this is why I think we SHOULD be able to change our vote... Sometimes there is a compelling argument that may change your opinion...
Only if you want a shitstorm and call outs for "buddies". Everyone should study the matchups for themselves, make a vote, and stick to it

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem is that we are so PC... There are times that we don't like a team, why do we have to first say that the team is good BUT it is a bad matchup... Just go straight to what you don't like, it would help us learn for future drafts...

I agree with this to a point... Sometimes it is a bad matchup... Sometimes though it's a bad team... For instance Hockey got caught in a bind and had to defense mid draft... The outcome is his team is bad... Ritz just ran into a bad matchup...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does look like I read too much into the post, so I probably over reacted. To be honest I feel about my team the way you feel about yours. This is actually the first time I have voted for myself. Sorry for getting snippy. The in depth breakdown is hard during the work week, I can see wanting more. I give a rough breakdown because it is what I have time for. I do break it down more then is in there. If everyone is ok with a delay in my voting I can put it all down in the future.

No reason to apologize to me ever... I love for me and my opponent to disagree and fight... You just caught me in a blind side and the quit stuff was uncalled for... I should never pull that card even if I plan to quit because it is childish... :suds:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if you want a shitstorm and call outs for "buddies". Everyone should study the matchups for themselves, make a vote, and stick to it

I absolutely agree with this, I do not like changing a vote EVER! If you can't decide for yourself who is the better team maybe message the owner(S) and have them explain their team to you. We have tried having people post about their teams in the past but it doesnt work because I post the playoffs and someone doesnt show up for 5 hours and nobody waits that long to vote.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely agree with this, I do not like changing a vote EVER! If you can't decide for yourself who is the better team maybe message the owner(S) and have them explain their team to you. We have tried having people post about their teams in the past but it doesnt work because I post the playoffs and someone doesnt show up for 5 hours and nobody waits that long to vote.

If we cant change our picks then whats the point of explaining... It does happen, that someone might have better insight, even if at the time you think a certain thing...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cant change our picks then whats the point of explaining... It does happen, that someone might have better insight, even if at the time you think a certain thing...

If you have doubt then dont vote until the people involved have explained their teams.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at you're team it lacks explosion on offense and while that doesn't turn me away it does cause for concern... The reason is my secondary is very good... There is no reason for me to have to double any of your receivers... This negates the greatness of your Dline somewhat... You're strength is OJ and I have a great Dline even if it's not as good as yours...

Seymour is 6'6" 303 pounds 7x probowler and 3x 1st team all pro NFL HOF 1st team all 2000s...

Buck Buchanan is 6'7" 270 pounds 8x probowler 4x 1st allpro and HOF...

Julius Peppers is 6'6" 283 pounds 8x probowler 3x 1st team all pro 131 sacks...

And Bruce Smith is mr 200 sacks and he also can play the run I think we all can agree...

So while you also have a great oline it's not as huge of an advantage as you originally would have thought... When we factor in the best LB crew in the draft it pretty much slows that run game down especially when as mentioned I'm bringing in some safety help, 2 of the best tackling and covering safties ever... By the way Atwater is 6'3" and Lynch is 6'2" so i have size all over the field including my CBs who are all 6'1" and Woodson has almost 1000 tackles and Vincent has well over 700, and Willie can tackle I think we all can agree... Did I tell you Willie has 54 picks, Vincent has 47, and Woodson has 64... So yeah my secondary is good vs both the pass and run... With your below average WR corp (for these mocks) you're too 1 dimensional...

Flipping sides while I agree your Dline is special the best way to slow them down is to quick pass... In steps Montana and the west coast offense... Instead of Roger Craig I have do it all Hall of Fame RB Marshall Faulk... He's gotten over 2000 YFS 4x and is ranked 4th all time there... You'd think he was just a pass catcher but he also 10th all time rushing with him being 34th all time in receptions... 100 rushing touchdowns with an offensive line that has 3 HOFers and 2 who will be without question... Let's not forget the Bus for short yardage... Now let's look at the recievers... Ditka may be the best blocking and catching TE of all time a double bonus... Then we have Fitz who is too big and physical for your corners, then Joiner and Smith who are great route runners and find open spots... They all have that's right Joe Montana finding them vs sub par defense...

In summary my strengths vs you're weaknesses and vice versa are in my favor...

WLK - 31
Mebert - 24

A lot of solid points here, you are right about me not having a bunch of explosive threat, although if you don't double Warfield he would make you regret it.

My whole team is built on dominating the clock, and I am not Sure OJ is getting his due in this draft. He is a top 8 RB all time in my opinion. I do agree that your dline is very good, but I think my oline still has an advantage there, and yes your LB's are killer, but Casper and Neal made a career out of blowing up LB's. I see my team chewing up large chunks of the clock and still coming up with points.

On the other side, You have Montana and not a lot you can do about that. My dline though is by far the best in this competition, all 4 spots get in the back field and generate pressure. My CB's have combined for 167 int's and with the pass rush I generate the opportunity for my team to just cause turnovers. My linebackers are not huge names, but all are solid tacklers and Grantham in particular was very good in coverage. so the quick slant is valuable, I don't think it is the game changer you are thinking.

I just don't think your offense would get the amount of possessions it would need to over come my team.

Mebert 21
WLK 17

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of solid points here, you are right about me not having a bunch of explosive threat, although if you don't double Warfield he would make you regret it.

My whole team is built on dominating the clock, and I am not Sure OJ is getting his due in this draft. He is a top 8 RB all time in my opinion. I do agree that your dline is very good, but I think my oline still has an advantage there, and yes your LB's are killer, but Casper and Neal made a career out of blowing up LB's. I see my team chewing up large chunks of the clock and still coming up with points.

On the other side, You have Montana and not a lot you can do about that. My dline though is by far the best in this competition, all 4 spots get in the back field and generate pressure. My CB's have combined for 167 int's and with the pass rush I generate the opportunity for my team to just cause turnovers. My linebackers are not huge names, but all are solid tacklers and Grantham in particular was very good in coverage. so the quick slant is valuable, I don't think it is the game changer you are thinking.

I just don't think your offense would get the amount of possessions it would need to over come my team.

Mebert 21
WLK 17

Personally I think OJ is more top 5 than top 8 people dont realize just how good he was cuz hes a murderer!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think OJ is more top 5 than top 8 people dont realize just how good he was cuz hes a murderer!

THANK YOU! I thought I was taking crazy pills there for a minute

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that turd

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotta give the edge to Ernie. Really like his two lines and I think that is what separates it

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks Hockey

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mebert 21
WLK 17

I don't doubt OJ I'm a USC fan as well so I know how good he is... You've also set him up great with your oline, FB and TE... However my linebackers aren't the normal LBs and getting blown up won't be easy... If you're arguing your Dline will be able to cause problems vs my HOF oline you must acknowledged that my HOF Dline and HOF LBs will too cause problems... Also your receivers offer 0 in terms of blocking vs some of the best tackling CBs ever... IMO your Dline is all you have defensively... And they have their hands full as well... Again Faulk is #10 all time in rushing, and he's looking to go outside which will cause problems for you as well since your strength is being forced to move laterally as opposed to being able to clog the middle which means the weakness of your edge defense becomes exposed...