• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Bucket Draft : CHAT

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swilling played 2 years at RDE and had 13 sacks one of those seasons. If a team had Munoz they wouldnt draft Zimmerman to play LT he would have played RT and as we know Zimmerman didn't play RT. I understand your point but my point is we are suppose to be drafting players who actually played the positions we are drafting them to play, it's easy to just draft the best players ever and say well he could have played there. I believe it puts more fun into the drafts if we actually fill our rosters with players who actually played the position and I will always use that in deciding who I vote for.

Is there THAT much of a difference between a Left and a Right at any position?? I see a small downgrade for possible strengths and weaknesses, but to say any great player cant play a similar position to what they were so great at is foolish IMO...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or about as long as Swilling played DE? Or Faneca playing RG? To me(and I know everyone is different), it comes down to the believe ability of the player in the position. For instance, Zimmerman was a HOF player, but if he were drafted to a team that had a 3rd year Anthony Munoz, do you think he would be the starting RT or the backup LT. RT of course. However, if Mark Stepnoski were drafted to a team that already had Mike Webster, John Hannah and Randall McDaniel, he would be stuck playing backup C, as he doesn't have the frame or physical ability to play the position
:2cents:
And Swilling had 85+ sacks in 9 years of playing OLB, which is what he was. He took FA money at the end of his career to go play for Oakland, which ran a 4-3 and put him at DE as a pass rusher. In other words, Nos 100% proved my point on Zimmerman/Munoz(by the way, it's crazy talk to say a team wouldn't draft a 2nd great tackle and switch his position as needed, guys like Larry Allen and Bruce Matthews played all the OL spots). These players are supposed to be judged at their peak, and in his peak years, Swilling was an OLB, as was DWare, who plays DE now. Now, I won't necessarily knock you for playing Swilling at DE, but you have to admit, it would be hypocritical of you to knock Zimmerman at RT if you plan to play Swilling at DE

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there THAT much of a difference between a Left and a Right at any position?? I see a small downgrade for possible strengths and weaknesses, but to say any great player cant play a similar position to what they were so great at is foolish IMO...

Speaking of fools, miss the point much? Also please show me where I said a player couldn't play a similar position. Point is drafting players where they actually played not where we think they could have played. Kinda makes the draft a little more of a challenge IMO.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Swilling had 85+ sacks in 9 years of playing OLB, which is what he was. He took FA money at the end of his career to go play for Oakland, which ran a 4-3 and put him at DE as a pass rusher. In other words, Nos 100% proved my point on Zimmerman/Munoz(by the way, it's crazy talk to say a team wouldn't draft a 2nd great tackle and switch his position as needed, guys like Larry Allen and Bruce Matthews played all the OL spots). These players are supposed to be judged at their peak, and in his peak years, Swilling was an OLB, as was DWare, who plays DE now. Now, I won't necessarily knock you for playing Swilling at DE, but you have to admit, it would be hypocritical of you to knock Zimmerman at RT if you plan to play Swilling at DE

Not even a little bit hypocritical, he actually played the position and excelled. Also you have no point on Zimmerman, fact is HE DID NOT PLAY RIGHT TACKLE! Could have BUT DIDN'T! It just seems you are missing the point... But I will let it go...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess from now on we will list required positions differently.

You will draft 12 Offensive players and 12 Defensive players. You decide on their positions...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess from now on we will list required positions differently.

You will draft 12 Offensive players and 12 Defensive players. You decide on their positions...

Please move Joe Green to TE. Who the hell dares to tackle him? nobody, thats who

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually did text Hockey...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even a little bit hypocritical, he actually played the position and excelled. Also you have no point on Zimmerman, fact is HE DID NOT PLAY RIGHT TACKLE! Could have BUT DIDN'T! It just seems you are missing the point... But I will let it go...
I'm not missing the point, I believe you are. Zimmerman never played RT because he was the best LT on his team, but had he played with a superior LT, he would have played RT. Your boy Swilling played the first 9 years of his career at OLB. When he went to Oakland, he didn't play DE because they thought it was his natural position, they played him there because they ran a 4-3. Oakland didn't play him at OLB because 4-3 OLB is a different role, and a 4-3 end and 3-4 OLB have a similar skill set. If WLK were going to play Zimmerman at center, it might be a little different, or if it were a RT switching to the tougher left side, but Zimmerman was a HOF LT, RT would be cake for him. I do understand your point, but we could get technical on every player in the draft. At WR, do the teams in this draft have 3 #1 receivers or a true #1, #2 and #3? I'm guessing whoever took Michael Irvin didn't follow up with Alvin Harper and Kelvin Martin LOL

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it really is you that is missing the point... Zimmerman regardless of where he was drafted or what he could have done never played RT, thats the end of the conversation. Nothing else matters.

Swilling no matter what he did in New Orleans actually played RDE, this is the end of the conversation. Nothing else matters.

Your point about receivers doesn't make sense either, what does a true #2 receiver mean? Cris Carter was the #1 receiver in Minnesota until they drafted Moss, #1, #2 and #3 only mean order of greatness. Do you not think the Cowboys would have gladly got rid of Harper and Martin to add Andre Reed and Cris Carter?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it really is you that is missing the point... Zimmerman regardless of where he was drafted or what he could have done never played RT, thats the end of the conversation. Nothing else matters.

Swilling no matter what he did in New Orleans actually played RDE, this is the end of the conversation. Nothing else matters.

Your point about receivers doesn't make sense either, what does a true #2 receiver mean? Cris Carter was the #1 receiver in Minnesota until they drafted Moss, #1, #2 and #3 only mean order of greatness. Do you not think the Cowboys would have gladly got rid of Harper and Martin to add Andre Reed and Cris Carter?
It's a loophole and you know it. When voting comes, you'll want Swilling judged in large part for what he did as an OLB....or do you want him strictly judged by what he did as a DE in 3 years, which was an average of 7 sacks and 20 tackles per season?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout you homos stop arguing and trade me one of your #2 buckets??????

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a loophole and you know it. When voting comes, you'll want Swilling judged in large part for what he did as an OLB....or do you want him strictly judged by what he did as a DE in 3 years, which was an average of 7 sacks and 20 tackles per season?

Can we all just agree that it is up to the individual voter...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are suppose to judge players from their prime years, Swilling was a great player so I guess an exception can be made even though I did draft him at a position he actually played you can feel free to judge me as having an average RDE and I will judge your team having no RG.

It's not a loophole. I agree with everyones thoughts on what players could have done but for the integrity of the draft it is been widely talked about the player had to have played the position you draft him for or it will be frowned upon. Not sure why we are pretending this is something new.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are suppose to judge players from their prime years, Swilling was a great player so I guess an exception can be made even though I did draft him at a position he actually played you can feel free to judge me as having an average RDE and I will judge your team having no RG.

It's not a loophole. I agree with everyones thoughts on what players could have done but for the integrity of the draft it is been widely talked about the player had to have played the position you draft him for or it will be frowned upon. Not sure why we are pretending this is something new.

I actuLly agree with you but the whole prime years thing simply doesn't happen on here. Most just still vote however.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actuLly agree with you but the whole prime years thing simply doesn't happen on here. Most just still vote however.

I can't control how people vote. Even if we had a set rule on voting people could easily go around it and vote how they want. It is something that even in the beginning I knew would end up being a problem and with almost always the same people in the drafts it has the opportunity to be even more of a problem.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't control how people vote. Even if we had a set rule on voting people could easily go around it and vote how they want.

Yeah, that's why the whole prime years thing is really irrelevant

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might notice thats why I said suppose to be...

And you might notice that's exactly why I said it's irrelevant lol. If things are supposed to happen but don't ever happen...