• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Bucket Draft : CHAT

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are suppose to judge players from their prime years, Swilling was a great player so I guess an exception can be made even though I did draft him at a position he actually played you can feel free to judge me as having an average RDE and I will judge your team having no RG.

It's not a loophole. I agree with everyones thoughts on what players could have done but for the integrity of the draft it is been widely talked about the player had to have played the position you draft him for or it will be frowned upon. Not sure why we are pretending this is something new.
Judge me for having no RG lol. Much like Zimmerman for WLK, I think it's no stretch at all to say Alan Faneca or Mike Munchak could play RG. That voting thing goes both ways though, I might have to consider how badly Swilling would get squashed in the running game since he was only a designated pass rushers as a DE....

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all look at prime years or at least best seasons... Problem is we all analyze it differently...

I agree, if we dont look at prime years at least a little bit what are we judging on? Name?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you might notice that's exactly why I said it's irrelevant lol. If things are supposed to happen but don't ever happen...

But how can you say it NEVER happens. You can't say it never happens just as we can say it always does...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge me for having no RG lol. Much like Zimmerman for WLK, I think it's no stretch at all to say Alan Faneca or Mike Munchak could play RG. That voting thing goes both ways though, I might have to consider how badly Swilling would get squashed in the running game since he was only a designated pass rushers as a DE....

Fair enough but my LDT will have a free run at your QB on every play.

Let me say this again since it is obviously being missed.

I NEVER SAID SOME PLAYERS COULDNT PLAY OTHER POSITIONS.

But the fact is some of these guys didn't, it's as simple as that. Yes Faneca could have played RG but HE DIDN'T! I'm not sure what's so hard about this, there has been an understanding if you play players at a position they never played it could affect the voting. Feel like i've said that before.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is drafting a LT to play RT frowned upon?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough but my LDT will have a free run at your QB on every play.

Let me say this again since it is obviously being missed.

I NEVER SAID SOME PLAYERS COULDNT PLAY OTHER POSITIONS.

But the fact is some of these guys didn't, it's as simple as that. Yes Faneca could have played RG but HE DIDN'T! I'm not sure what's so hard about this, there has been an understanding if you play players at a position they never played it could affect the voting. Feel like i've said that before.
I do understand, I just disagree with you on the spirit of the rule. I didn't say anything about Swilling until you brought up WLK playing Zimmerman at RT. It's like you wanted to knock WLK for playing someone "out of position", when you know good and well Swilling was a 3-4 OLB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is drafting a LT to play RT frowned upon?
By some folks. It's up to the individual voter. Some people want a guy to have played a specific position, some feel it needs to be their primary position, and some feel it's could the guy have played the position well. To me, it's could the guy have played it well. I don't think a DE could be a QB. I don't think a WR could play LT. I do feel, however, that a Hall of Fame LG could play RG, A HOF LT could play RT and a 3-4 OLB could play a 4-3 DE, because the physical skill sets match up. For instance, I believe any elite RT could play LT, but I do not believe a RT could necessarily play LT, because the LT is protecting the QB's blindside against the primary pass rusher.
Thats my opinion, add .50 cents to it and it's worth a local paper. Everyone has their own opinion, and it's why the voting can sometimes get a little, um, spirited:suds:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't bother me you said something about Swilling. He started at RDE for the Raiders for 2 seasons and actually did better than he did at ROLB the last couple seasons he was with the Saints.

Zimmerman didn't play RT. Faneca didn't play RG.

Has it not been discussed that drafting players out of position could affect voting?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a different subject, who is OTC and is there a vote coming anytime in our future?:pound:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't bother me you said something about Swilling. He started at RDE for the Raiders for 2 seasons and actually did better than he did at ROLB the last couple seasons he was with the Saints.

Zimmerman didn't play RT. Faneca didn't play RG.

Has it not been discussed that drafting players out of position could affect voting?
It has. In my opinion, Swilling is more out of position in regards to his greatness as a player than either Faneca or Zimmerman, even though he played the position at the end of his career. He was a designated pass rusher on a sucky team, couldn't play the run, and was nowhere near the player he was as an OLB, though you will want him judged for the player he was as an OLB, and had Zimmerman or Faneca gone to a different team in their early 30's and simply moved from the left to the right side at the same positions, they would have been far more dominant.
We disagree. Keep talking about the voting if you like, I will keep pointing out it's a two way street

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey is up

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has. In my opinion, Swilling is more out of position in regards to his greatness as a player than either Faneca or Zimmerman, even though he played the position at the end of his career. He was a designated pass rusher on a sucky team, couldn't play the run, and was nowhere near the player he was as an OLB, though you will want him judged for the player he was as an OLB, and had Zimmerman or Faneca gone to a different team in their early 30's and simply moved from the left to the right side at the same positions, they would have been far more dominant.
We disagree. Keep talking about the voting if you like, I will keep pointing out it's a two way street

We cant just ignore some rules and obey others because of your opinions. You may notice in the OP it states you will draft 1 - RG not 2 LG's and play one of them at RG.

Two way street indeed. The player I drafted played the position i'm playing him at, the player you drafted did not play the position you are playing him at. Spin it however you want but this is a fact...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, if we dont look at prime years at least a little bit what are we judging on? Name?

I do think some voters do vote by name WAY to much... Football is tough though because stats are very team influenced... at least in baseball stats are individual... But in football, the surrounding talent has just as much to do with your stats as your individual talent...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of fools, miss the point much? Also please show me where I said a player couldn't play a similar position. Point is drafting players where they actually played not where we think they could have played. Kinda makes the draft a little more of a challenge IMO.
Randy White played MLB, ENd and DT. I think he works as a 3-4 End. But we will see.

Wlk brought up a good idea of dealing you a pick for an8 so I could take Swill at ROLB. But I liked Tippett better. Then i dealt you a 1 for a 6. And everything came full circle