• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL believes London is ready for team; 2022 a target

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who's the lucky division who get's that team, pack your bags well for that road trip every year...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a free agent I would sign with Buffalo before I signed with London.
I'll do you one better. I'd rather sign with the Browns before signing over there. It'd really suck getting drafted to that team.

It won't be a west coast team unless they realign. If I was putting money down it would be on the Jaguars
So have the Dolphins and Jaguars switch divisions?

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jet lag would suck. It'd be a huge disadvantage for road games, but a dramatic advantage for home games. I wonder how this would effect them drawing free agents as well. I would think many would hate this aspect of playing over there. But then factor in that they would be making $1.36 over there for every dollar players here in the old USA earn, and that really wouldn't suck at all.

Football wouldn't have to be the #1 sport over there to be successful. Look at Baseball, basketball, soccer, gold, NASCAR here in the states. And there are rabid American Football fans over there. Google "UK Packers fans". A group of them made a pilgrimage to Lambeau Field for the opening Seahawks game this year. It's a logical assumption other teams have a decent following over there to.

And that is a big part of the problem for the NFL. I am not sure they will be able to grow the pool of football fans substantially enough to support a local football team. The European fans already have their team loyalty, and I would think that many will stay loyal to their own team.

Also, London might have the 'name', but if they want to set up a following, they would probably be better off setting up a team in Germany, in the Ruhr/Frankfurt area. There NFL Europe actually did not fail (or considerably less than it did elsewhere), there is a much bigger population to draw support from, and it is much easier for travel for European fans. London is harder to get to, and extremely expensive.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because something CAN be done doesn't mean it SHOULD be done.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NFL team in London would be gayer than cum on a mustache.

Like this mustache? It will be the Jags. Book it.

khan_khanketterman-e1339872621392.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather we see team in Canada, Mexico, or Germany before London, personally.
I'm not sure why Germany would be any better than London?
Well, I guess the Hitler spoof videos would be more natural and I like those...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why this won't work. Players would have to live in London at least part of the year. Without another European team, every away game is a very long flight. Same thing for every team playing London in London. Football will never surpass soccer as the number 1 sport in England.

Players would have to live in London at least part of the year.

Oh, wow... yeah. I'm sure this just slipped the NFL's mind.

Without another European team, every away game is a very long flight.

Again... Europe is far? Ya don't say?

Football will never surpass soccer as the number 1 sport in England.

Who said that it has to? lol

Last I checked, nothing is as big as the NFL in America. Yet, other sports franchises still thrive.

In order for say... the London Jaguars to be a success. They don't have to be the most popular sports franchise in London. They simply have to be more popular than the Jaguars are in Jacksonville. Which uh... ain't asking much.

There is a demand for American football in England now. It would be an exciting new thing, as opposed to LA getting a 3rd shot with the sport or Jacksonville not giving a shit. A team's support in London, also wouldn't just be limited to that city. Anyone in the entire country who cares, would get behind them. They'd basically be England's national team. And don't we know how they love a chance to beat Americans in anything...

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always supported Goodell but if this happens I'll be questioning him. You want to expand? Go to San Antonio or Portland, Toronto or Mexico City even but London? Come on.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players would have to live in London at least part of the year.

Oh, wow... yeah. I'm sure this just slipped the NFL's mind.

Without another European team, every away game is a very long flight.

Again... Europe is far? Ya don't say?

Football will never surpass soccer as the number 1 sport in England.

Who said that it has to? lol

Last I checked, nothing is as big as the NFL in America. Yet, other sports franchises still thrive.

In order for say... the London Jaguars to be a success. They don't have to be the most popular sports franchise in London. They simply have to be more popular than the Jaguars are in Jacksonville. Which uh... ain't asking much.

There is a demand for American football in England now. It would be an exciting new thing, as opposed to LA getting a 3rd shot with the sport or Jacksonville not giving a shit. A team's support in London, also wouldn't just be limited to that city. Anyone in the entire country who cares, would get behind them. They'd basically be England's national team. And don't we know how they love a chance to beat Americans in anything...

I don't think they'll support a losing team. There are other sports other than soccer that is big in England. Cricket and Rugby are very big. That's also a factor.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL has enough problems that are causing a lag in attendance. They need to fix what they have rather than expand and spread themselves too thin. Quit trying to cram the NFL down the Europeans throat in exchange for Europeans to quit trying to cram soccer down ours.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always supported Goodell but if this happens I'll be questioning him. You want to expand? Go to San Antonio or Portland, Toronto or Mexico City even but London? Come on.

The heartland is ripe for a team or two. College football is well supported, why not the NFL? Also Sacramento, St Louis (#3?), Portland, SLC, San Antonio, Birmingham, Grand Rapids, Albuquerque, Oklahoma City are all top 50 TV markets.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you’re the guy.
I suppose somebody had to.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports Illustrated sucks.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fucking stupid. Greedy ass owners making bad decisions.

Are bye weeks going to start week two to make this dumbass idea work?

Players and fans need to tell the NFL to go fuck themselves.