• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Wild Card-Philadelphia Eagles vs. Chicago Bears

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...I want the Bears to win. Ain't got time for predictions...by 1 or by 100 don't care just want the dub. I think I'll sh*t a brick if we lose because of Cody Parkey though. That man could ruin me until next season's opener...please no...not like that.
It'll probably be like that.

Be prepared and get some good weed ahead of time.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking the teams down by position groups.

QB: Strong edge Eagles
RB: Slight edge Bears
WR: Strong edge Eagles
TE: Strong edge Eagles
OL: Strong edge Eagles

DL: Slight edge Eagles
LB: Moderate edge Bears
DB: Strong edge Bears

K: Strong edge Eagles
P: Moderate edge Eagles
ST coverage: Strong edge Eagles
Return game: Slight edge Bears

Looks like an Eagles win to me.
So happy to see that as an Eagles fan, your take on the above isn't the least bit slanted. :heh:

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy to see that as an Eagles fan, your take on the above isn't the least bit slanted. :heh:

I almost called the DB only a “moderate edge” for the Bears but I checked myself. See? I’m being objective.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altho I'm extremely biased toward Chicago's Italian Beef sandwiches, I really like Philly cheesesteaks - my favorite being the ones at Jim's over on South Street. But I have to admit, the thought of cheese wiz on their sammies is revolting to a cheese purist like me. So I always opt for the provolone.

As for the deep dish, I find it a bit ironic that Chicago is known the world over for its deep dish pizza, yet for decades upon decades, the thin crust versions (where the pieces are cut in squares) have always been the go-to choice for the overwhelming majority of mom-n-pop joints. A Chitown double cheese thin crust pizza is one of the great culinary pleasures in life.

Yeah, you can get what is known as a "special steak" at most places, which has real cheese, usually cheese and provolone. That's what I get. I also don't do whiz.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jiddy. Where the hell have you been? Or are you on here and I just don’t run in your circles?

Anyway, the best Philly cheesesteaks don’t use whiz. We reserve that crap for dumb young people and tourists who don’t know any better.

Came over from another site a couple years or so ago...but mainly just post in morning threads with my old time e-buddies on general.

As for the second part...Sounds familiar...I've been trying to correct people for years that deep dish pizza is the tourist trap. Anyone that grew up in Chicago (at least during my time there for 21 years 80s and 90s mainly) ate thin crust pies. It was all about the local neighborhood pizza joints, delivery, healthy amount of cheese and cut in squares (sauce would differ based on north vs south side)...The deep dish thing was always a novelty. I had two in my 21 years...with out-of-towners on their request. Never did anyone I know eat them regularly. So as far as the cheez whiz comment...What's good for the goose... ;)

Edit: Oh, and oregano on the pizzas...always oregano. LOL

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came over from another site a couple years or so ago...but mainly just post in morning threads with my old time e-buddies on general.

As for the second part...Sounds familiar...I've been trying to correct people for years that deep dish pizza is the tourist trap. Anyone that grew up in Chicago (at least during my time there for 21 years 80s and 90s mainly) ate thin crust pies. It was all about the local neighborhood pizza joints, delivery, healthy amount of cheese and cut in squares (sauce would differ based on north vs south side)...The deep dish thing was always a novelty. I had two in my 21 years...with out-of-towners on their request. Never did anyone I know eat them regularly. So as far as the cheez whiz comment...What's good for the goose... ;)

Edit: Oh, and oregano on the pizzas...always oregano. LOL

Oh, I know. Moses here from SB, I just switched the username when I signed up here. I guess I haven’t been checking in on the morning threads that ill is famous for.

I can’t say I dislike oregano on pizza...but my wife thinks it’s weird. I’ll have to try thin crust next time I’m in Chicago (which...who knows when that’ll happen. It’s been about 6 years since I was there last.) That’s when I learned that I was eating popcorn wrong all these years and was introduced to the cheddar/caramel mix at Garrett, which my wife also thinks is weird.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He calls us a 9-7 team instead of 3-0 since the return of Foles and beating the Rams and Texans in that span. He thinks they're hot shit for beating California Goff in Chicago in the cold, when the Eagles actually went there and beat them on the road. Completely unaware.

The Eagles are better now than they've been all season. The people that don't know that and don't really follow the full league stick out like a sore thumb.

Agreed, and sure the Bears could win especially at home, but he's acting like the Eagles have no chance, and I don't get that, this is the NFL man, and the Eagles are playing better football at the right time...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been told all these guys suck, and are the reason Wentz sucked.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know. Moses here from SB, I just switched the username when I signed up here. I guess I haven’t been checking in on the morning threads that ill is famous for.

I can’t say I dislike oregano on pizza...but my wife thinks it’s weird. I’ll have to try thin crust next time I’m in Chicago (which...who knows when that’ll happen. It’s been about 6 years since I was there last.) That’s when I learned that I was eating popcorn wrong all these years and was introduced to the cheddar/caramel mix at Garrett, which my wife also thinks is weird.

2qe1r1.jpg

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now that is funny.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie Long must be torn by the match up between his sons.
A proud papa for sure no matter who wins.

Jake has 2 SB wins so he prob is rooting for his other one. The things Jake does off the field like giving up his paycheck or the Waterboys thing is 2nd to none

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that is funny.

So I just checked the stats and it's actually pretty accurate. Our Qbs were better, our WRs were better, your RBs were much better (but we excel at stopping the run), our TE's are light years better, our OL was considered the best in the league last year and Mack is going to get plenty of Lane Johnson and help. If you feel like it google Mack vs Johnson from last year when we played the Raiders, there's film breakdown on reddit/r/eagles if you want to see it. At least the Eagles castoffs Parkey and Burton give you some playoff experience. This reminds me of last year when we played a "historically great defence". Ask the Vikes how that turned out for them.

Seriously, you lost to the fucking Fins and Giants. I'll give you a pass on the Pats but those are all teams the Eagles beat the last time they played them.

There might be six guys I recognize on your roster and two of them played for the Eagles and got bounced.

Now one major caveat to proclaim for this post.

I have not watched a lot of Bears games that did not have the Eagles in them since about the mid 80's because the Bears have been an automatic 'no thanks, next' when trying to find a game to watch because they have sucked donkey balls since then. I did flip back and forth between the games last week and thought your D looked pretty damn good but to suggest that you are walking away with this game is beyond mind boggling. You might be in for a smackdown or maybe the Foles legend dies in a big way and you stomp us. Either way, good luck this weekend, enjoy it, it's been a while for you guys.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just checked the stats and it's actually pretty accurate. Our Qbs were better, our WRs were better, your RBs were much better (but we excel at stopping the run), our TE's are light years better, our OL was considered the best in the league last year and Mack is going to get plenty of Lane Johnson and help. If you feel like it google Mack vs Johnson from last year when we played the Raiders, there's film breakdown on reddit/r/eagles if you want to see it. At least the Eagles castoffs Parkey and Burton give you some playoff experience. This reminds me of last year when we played a "historically great defence". Ask the Vikes how that turned out for them.

Seriously, you lost to the fucking Fins and Giants. I'll give you a pass on the Pats but those are all teams the Eagles beat the last time they played them.

There might be six guys I recognize on your roster and two of them played for the Eagles and got bounced.

Now one major caveat to proclaim for this post.

I have not watched a lot of Bears games that did not have the Eagles in them since about the mid 80's because the Bears have been an automatic 'no thanks, next' when trying to find a game to watch because they have sucked donkey balls since then. I did flip back and forth between the games last week and thought your D looked pretty damn good but to suggest that you are walking away with this game is beyond mind boggling. You might be in for a smackdown or maybe the Foles legend dies in a big way and you stomp us. Either way, good luck this weekend, enjoy it, it's been a while for you guys.
Yeah, the Eagles are world beaters. I mean that 9-7 record, right?

But hey, I just hope it is a good game with no injuries for either team. I'm sure we can agree on that.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Eagles are world beaters. I mean that 9-7 record, right?

But hey, I just hope it is a good game with no injuries for either team. I'm sure we can agree on that.

They may not be world beaters but they are the defending World Champs.

We Eagle fans spent most of the season face-palming and head slamming desks/coffee tables but somehow we made it.

And yes, we can agree on that. If you beat us I hope you win it all. I seriously mean that. None of the other teams feel deserving to me personally. They are either too new (or relocated) or have won it recently.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake has 2 SB wins so he prob is rooting for his other one. The things Jake does off the field like giving up his paycheck or the Waterboys thing is 2nd to none

Or Chris to be more correct....

Kyle is Da Bear.

Jake as well as being unrelated, was a Ram, Falcon, Viking and is I believe retired.

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread is oozing with even more glory than its bringing now

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles played terrible vs the Falcons last year. They were so lucky to win that game.

Eagles fumble at the goal line and the ball finds Foles to pick it up for a fluke TD.

Then, in the 1st half 2 minutes drill, Foles overthrows his receiver by 10 yards to a Falcons DB who has literally the easiest INT of all time, yet he inexplicably has it bounce off his knee 10 more yards downfield to a Eagles receiver. They get a cheap FG at the half because of this.

Then on the final play of the game, the Falcons get Jones 1 on 1 with a mismatch and he magically slips on his route.

Point being, Eagles needed luck just to win their FIRST playoff game with Foles. Eventually this dudes luck will run out.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is, in my opinion, the best game of the weekend and the toughest game to predict. While the Bears defense is legit, Nick Foles has the Eagles looking unstoppable right now. While the Bears offense is young and, in my opinion, the most talented offense in the league, do I trust Trubisky to not make any mistakes, because that's what it's gonna take to win this game. I believe this game comes down to the kickers legs. Make every XP and FG because defense is gonna shine in this game. Tough choice and I wouldn't be surprised to see it go the other way, but....

Chicago 23
Philly 21

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles played terrible vs the Falcons last year. They were so lucky to win that game.

Eagles fumble at the goal line and the ball finds Foles to pick it up for a fluke TD.

Then, in the 1st half 2 minutes drill, Foles overthrows his receiver by 10 yards to a Falcons DB who has literally the easiest INT of all time, yet he inexplicably has it bounce off his knee 10 more yards downfield to a Eagles receiver. They get a cheap FG at the half because of this.

Then on the final play of the game, the Falcons get Jones 1 on 1 with a mismatch and he magically slips on his route.

Point being, Eagles needed luck just to win their FIRST playoff game with Foles. Eventually this dudes luck will run out.
or he had 1 bag game, and the rest was legit, it would appear lately way more good than bad