• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Wild Card-Philadelphia Eagles vs. Chicago Bears

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles played terrible vs the Falcons last year. They were so lucky to win that game.

Eagles fumble at the goal line and the ball finds Foles to pick it up for a fluke TD.

Then, in the 1st half 2 minutes drill, Foles overthrows his receiver by 10 yards to a Falcons DB who has literally the easiest INT of all time, yet he inexplicably has it bounce off his knee 10 more yards downfield to a Eagles receiver. They get a cheap FG at the half because of this.

Then on the final play of the game, the Falcons get Jones 1 on 1 with a mismatch and he magically slips on his route.

Point being, Eagles needed luck just to win their FIRST playoff game with Foles. Eventually this dudes luck will run out.

Foles played terribly? He was 23 of 30 with 246 passing yards and had a 100.1 passer rating.

There definitely was some luck involved. Not sure why that matters all that much.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles played terribly? He was 23 of 30 with 246 passing yards and had a 100.1 passer rating.

There definitely was some luck involved. Not sure why that matters all that much.
Plenty of luck in all these games. The good teams overcome the luck factor.

People keep thinking Foles will go back to his St.Louis ways, but that dude is long gone. Foles is calm as fuck, ice in his veins now. Incredibly poised. That's just how he rolls now. 25 completions in a row last week.

Here's the numbers since coming in:
1st in completion percentage - 77%
1st in yards - 962

This how it's getting done,
And how it neutralizes the Bears defense:
2nd in getting the ball out - 2.46 s
2nd in average time in pocket - 2.04 s
1st in not being pressured - 17.1%

And these numbers came against Aaron Donald and JJ Watt.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of luck in all these games. The good teams overcome the luck factor.

People keep thinking Foles will go back to his St.Louis ways, but that dude is long gone. Foles is calm as fuck, ice in his veins now. Incredibly poised. That's just how he rolls now. 25 completions in a row last week.

Here's the numbers since coming in:
1st in completion percentage - 77%
1st in yards - 962

This how it's getting done,
And how it neutralizes the Bears defense:
2nd in getting the ball out - 2.46 s
2nd in average time in pocket - 2.04 s
1st in not being pressured - 17.1%

And these numbers came against Aaron Donald and JJ Watt.
Any thoughts of changing your name to Folesnuts?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Chris to be more correct....

Kyle is Da Bear.

Jake as well as being unrelated, was a Ram, Falcon, Viking and is I believe retired.

Phew glad I didn't call him Howie. Matthews, Longs, Mannings, Hasslebacks etc have put out some stud blood.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came over from another site a couple years or so ago...but mainly just post in morning threads with my old time e-buddies on general.

As for the second part...Sounds familiar...I've been trying to correct people for years that deep dish pizza is the tourist trap. Anyone that grew up in Chicago (at least during my time there for 21 years 80s and 90s mainly) ate thin crust pies. It was all about the local neighborhood pizza joints, delivery, healthy amount of cheese and cut in squares (sauce would differ based on north vs south side)...The deep dish thing was always a novelty. I had two in my 21 years...with out-of-towners on their request. Never did anyone I know eat them regularly. So as far as the cheez whiz comment...What's good for the goose... ;)

Edit: Oh, and oregano on the pizzas...always oregano. LOL

Informative. Real Philadelphians get American cheese on their cheese steak not Wiz. To each his own but I can’t mess with deep dish. Thin crust, fluffy ends is the way to go!

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altho I'm extremely biased toward Chicago's Italian Beef sandwiches, I really like Philly cheesesteaks - my favorite being the ones at Jim's over on South Street. But I have to admit, the thought of cheese wiz on their sammies is revolting to a cheese purist like me. So I always opt for the provolone.

As for the deep dish, I find it a bit ironic that Chicago is known the world over for its deep dish pizza, yet for decades upon decades, the thin crust versions (where the pieces are cut in squares) have always been the go-to choice for the overwhelming majority of mom-n-pop joints. A Chitown double cheese thin crust pizza is one of the great culinary pleasures in life.

Cheese steak are quickly slipping to number 2. They now take the same “hoagie roll” and put pork that’s been in a croq pot. Then they put broccoli Rabbi that’s been cooked in garlic and butter and top it off with provolone. Incredible my man.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could also go with NWPATSFANschin since they’re located in the same place.
Good one:mad2: did you learn that one at recess?
Idiot :thumb:
Yeah I Iove Foles like all you new Foles nutthuggers. :kissass:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Wentz / Foles threads are wierd. Many people have the Eagles pulling off a huge run down the stretch, basically putting Foles in the SB to win by some kind of magic. Lol.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Wentz / Foles threads are wierd. Many people have the Eagles pulling off a huge run down the stretch, basically putting Foles in the SB to win by some kind of magic. Lol.

Well of course, it's almost the same roster and the circumstances are almost the same, except of course, HF and a bye lol.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread:

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Informative. Real Philadelphians get American cheese on their cheese steak not Wiz. To each his own but I can’t mess with deep dish. Thin crust, fluffy ends is the way to go!
American cheese? No.

Provolone.