• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC West: Playoff Picture

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree.

he doesn't need to stay in the pocket 100%, but he has to do well enough. IMO he has improved some from the pocket, he just needs a LITTLE more time. Opponents are just blitzing 'all get out', till we can figure out our blocking scheme?

what Kaep has to prepare for now, are check downs and QUICK passes.

definately need more of those types of passes to beat the blitz. Those short passes can turn into real big gains when teams all out blitz, provided the oline can at least slow the blitz down some and there are not blitzers up the middle unchecked.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so at all. When Young first came to the 49ers, he was quick to rush from the pocket. His play was not great and those around during that time remember there were quite a few fans that wanted to start Bono and dump Young (I was not one of them). I also read years later that Young would drive Bill Walsh abosulely crazy by escaping the pocket and not allowing plays to develop downfield. That changed as time went on and he had it all going that Super Bowl year.

Perhaps, but I think they'd have won more Super Bowls if they let him be himself, like when he ran for that TD against Minnesota. He had all day to throw when there was the threat of him running and his throwing really improved. Once teams knew that threat was gone, the good teams began to beat the 49ers.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen you post this same kind of shit before but If you say the season is over then take your seat on the couch. I'm not giving up just yet.

I am on my couch. I don't see this team winning 6 of 8. Players look shot. Even Steve Young said it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but I think they'd have won more Super Bowls if they let him be himself, like when he ran for that TD against Minnesota. He had all day to throw when there was the threat of him running and his throwing really improved. Once teams knew that threat was gone, the good teams began to beat the 49ers.

I don't think so. He was really good all through. As for winning more super bowls, I don't think so. Problem was Policy & Clark mortgaged the future for the 1994 super bowl. Add to that some poor free agent signings and bad draft picks hurt the team on the field. Bill Walsh came back to clean it up and under Mariucci came close but not close enough. Had Garrison Hearst stayed healthy, might have gotten number 6.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like Arizona is for real and that means either 49ers or seattle won't be making the playoffs. Im still shocked Arizona is 6-1.

The good news for the 49ers they are about to get some guys back. A. Smith comes back monday, Iupati will be back next game, A. Davis is back, Willis will be back next game, Bowman is 3-4 weeks away and Dorsey is 2 weeks away.

Seattle struggled for the 3rd week in a row. Not looking good for them. Wilson looks bad with no receivers to throw to. yes he had a game winning drive but overall he hasn't looked good. Seattle D won that game today. Seattle D also hasn't looked as good as last year.

Its going to be one hell of a fight. Hey maybe all 3 west teams make it but chances are slim.
To quote a famous coach: "Playoffs...?, Playoffs....? I just want to win a game!"

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. I forgot to mention a horrendous job of preparation and adjusting by the coaching staff. I will agree with you on Kaepernick as far as some of his problems being because he's behind a completely ineffective O Line. The new Center, Martin is completely overmatched.

Kaepernick's decision-making is poor though and is exacerbated by the O Line but when you cannot run the ball, the play action is worthless and the coaching staff needs to realize this and quit doing something that clearly does not work. They need to stop trying to make a pocket passer out of Kaepernick and let him do what he does. Its been 4 years now and he still cannot do it, so give it up already.

This is a great point and should not be overlooked. The biggest difference with the Cardinals the past 2 years is their ability to make in game adjustments. It seems as if the niners play worse as the game progresses. That is just a result of bad coaching. Even with all your injuries/suspensions, you still have enough talent to win more games.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great point and should not be overlooked. The biggest difference with the Cardinals the past 2 years is their ability to make in game adjustments. It seems as if the niners play worse as the game progresses. That is just a result of bad coaching. Even with all your injuries/suspensions, you still have enough talent to win more games.
I actually give the niners staff a lot of credit for getting the team out of the gates with a bang every game. I'm sure many here would disagree but Kaep has a low football IQ and the coaching staff does a great job masking with that with their game scheming. Once the defense has a chance to react and adapt however, all bets are off.

I think the coaches know how to adapt to what the defenses are doing but they have to somehow relay that info to Kaep so he can implement it. No offense meant, but Kaep seems a touch slower than your average qb. He is even consistently slow getting the team out of the huddle.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually give the niners staff a lot of credit for getting the team out of the gates with a bang every game. I'm sure many here would disagree but Kaep has a low football IQ and the coaching staff does a great job masking with that with their game scheming. Once the defense has a chance to react and adapt however, all bets are off.

I think the coaches know how to adapt to what the defenses are doing but they have to somehow relay that info to Kaep so he can implement it. No offense meant, but Kaep seems a touch slower than your average qb. He is even consistently slow getting the team out of the huddle.

This isn't true at all. The last time was maybe Week 3.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its been the one big flaw with the 49ers since the Harbaugh regime began. They make a plan but then stubbornly stick to it even when it is not working. Either they cannot, or will not make in game adjustments.

I guess its better than the Singletary half time adjustments of simply telling the players to "play harder".

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had the same feeling. I certainly hope that is not the case but you would think experienced coaches would know when adjustments need to be made so your threory may be correct. One can see just by listening to the guy that Kaepernick is not the sharpest tool in the shed but then neither was Terry Bradshaw and he got it done.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the same feeling. I certainly hope that is not the case but you would think experienced coaches would know when adjustments need to be made so your threory may be correct. One can see just by listening to the guy that Kaepernick is not the sharpest tool in the shed but then neither was Terry Bradshaw and he got it done.

Actually, this is so untrue. People see his public persona and make judgements based on that and what others are saying. He had a high wonderlic score and always got really good grades in school. That does not make one a good NFL qb, because if it did, Alex Smith would be better than Peyton Manning. As far as getting the plays in on time, this has been an issue when Alex Smith was QB. It has been an ongoing issue since Roman has been OC. Colin did not have a great game, but when the OL plays this poorly, tough for any QB to play well.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:omg:.

This is clearly not true. Getting the plays off on time was an issue with Alex Smith and has been there since Roman has been OC. It has to do with the complexity of the offense. The offense has not been getting off with a bang every game. Obviously, you haven't seen the games.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 straight NFC championship games and a super bowl takes a beating on the guys.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, this is so untrue. People see his public persona and make judgements based on that and what others are saying. He had a high wonderlic score and always got really good grades in school. That does not make one a good NFL qb, because if it did, Alex Smith would be better than Peyton Manning. As far as getting the plays in on time, this has been an issue when Alex Smith was QB. It has been an ongoing issue since Roman has been OC. Colin did not have a great game, but when the OL plays this poorly, tough for any QB to play well.

You don't have to hear him speak to know he has a very low football IQ. Just watch him in the game with all the ridiculous mistakes he makes. I'm talking about mental mistakes and how the simplest of blitz schemes and coverages seem to confuse him.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say that the division winner is the only team that makes it as your division games will beat everyone else up where there will not be a record good enough to make the wild card.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to hear him speak to know he has a very low football IQ. Just watch him in the game with all the ridiculous mistakes he makes. I'm talking about mental mistakes and how the simplest of blitz schemes and coverages seem to confuse him.

Saying someone isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and saying they have a low football IQ is not the same thing. The way the Oline played last week and most of this season, it would be tough for any QB to have much success.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Harbaugh is gone. If not then they would signed him to extension. I blame Baalke and Harbaugh. There has been no talk of resigning harbaugh. This makes the media and us fans know something is wrong.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying someone isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and saying they have a low football IQ is not the same thing. The way the Oline played last week and most of this season, it would be tough for any QB to have much success.

That much is certainly true.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Harbaugh is gone. If not then they would signed him to extension. I blame Baalke and Harbaugh. There has been no talk of resigning harbaugh. This makes the media and us fans know something is wrong.
Baalke doesn't own the team. Harbs may be gone at the end of this season or not. Only the FO knows...not any players or retired players.