• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC West: Playoff Picture

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be that as it may, if the refs call that a safety we don't need to go for the TD. We kick the FG and win.

I don't know whether that was a safety or not, but the defense was great and if the oline could have picked up a couple of blitzes and allowed Kapernick to set his feet a few times, the game probably won't even have been close.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get a Top 10 pick unless we can turn it around. I don't want to be some .500 team.

Relax, man. You have a whole week to not think about Niners football. Take a break. I'm sure you'll be fine next week.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta quit blaming the refs. The offense played liked shit. It was Oline 80% and Kap 20%. Playcalling was questionable also
I agree, the 49ers have lots of problems and that includes Harbaugh.

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kap makes a more accurate throw to Crabtree....the refs wouldn't have to make judgement calls. We didn't show up plain and simple today. I see us as an 8-8 team this year. In the NFC South, we'd win the division. But this is the NFC West. Arizona got a little lucky facing Dallas without Romo and SD and Philly at home but we had our chance to beat them when they had a backup qb in there and failed horribly. They are now assured of at least 10 wins because they beat the teams they should beat (Stl x2 and Atl) and they get Detroit and KC at home. They could be 12-4 by the end. Suffice to say I don't think we are running the table. Our only chance is if we win every division game from here on out. But I think AZ, Sea, and the niners are all splitting games. Which puts final standings at:

AZ - 13-3 best case scenario
Sea - 11-5 best case scenario
SF 9-7 at best - Watching the playoffs at home

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kap makes a more accurate throw to Crabtree....the refs wouldn't have to make judgement calls. We didn't show up plain and simple today. I see us as an 8-8 team this year. In the NFC South, we'd win the division. But this is the NFC West. Arizona got a little lucky facing Dallas without Romo and SD and Philly at home but we had our chance to beat them when they had a backup qb in there and failed horribly. They are now assured of at least 10 wins because they beat the teams they should beat (Stl x2 and Atl) and they get Detroit and KC at home. They could be 12-4 by the end. Suffice to say I don't think we are running the table. Our only chance is if we win every division game from here on out. But I think AZ, Sea, and the niners are all splitting games. Which puts final standings at:

AZ - 13-3 best case scenario
Sea - 11-5 best case scenario
SF 9-7 at best - Watching the playoffs at home

The loss at Arizona did not bother me much. We were playing the best team in the division at their home. The loss to Chicago and today at home is inexcusable. If we had won both of those, we would now be 6-2 and would still be in the dvivison hunt.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
season over for the 49ers because of refs. Thats 2 games they took from us.

Surely you're not serious. It's the morning after so take a deep breath and get it together. Anything can happen in this division, and probably will. I'm looking forward to seeing what Harbaugh is really all about going forward.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this isn't looking good for us making it. Id say we are lucky to be 4-4 if I'm being honest. I can't point to one game where I can say "great game." Looking pretty rough from here on out. Two tough road games up next.

You have a bad QB, behind a horrendous offensive line and an undisciplined team that makes mistake after mistake so I would agree with you.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a bad QB, behind a horrendous offensive line and an undisciplined team that makes mistake after mistake so I would agree with you.
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. The OL played like shit. Kap couldn't make the plays needed and was sacked 8 times behind that OL. Undisciplined team? Okay then. Many mistakes are made by OC and coaching staff overall but to call this team undisciplined is not the reality.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely you're not serious. It's the morning after so take a deep breath and get it together. Anything can happen in this division, and probably will. I'm looking forward to seeing what Harbaugh is really all about going forward.
Purg rolls that way. Just give him a couple of days and he will be back to pumping the team up again.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. The OL played like shit. Kap couldn't make the plays needed and was sacked 8 times behind that OL. Undisciplined team? Okay then. Many mistakes are made by OC and coaching staff overall but to call this team undisciplined is not the reality.

You are right. I forgot to mention a horrendous job of preparation and adjusting by the coaching staff. I will agree with you on Kaepernick as far as some of his problems being because he's behind a completely ineffective O Line. The new Center, Martin is completely overmatched.

Kaepernick's decision-making is poor though and is exacerbated by the O Line but when you cannot run the ball, the play action is worthless and the coaching staff needs to realize this and quit doing something that clearly does not work. They need to stop trying to make a pocket passer out of Kaepernick and let him do what he does. Its been 4 years now and he still cannot do it, so give it up already.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purg rolls that way. Just give him a couple of days and he will be back to pumping the team up again.

what are you talking about.

Yes I feel like the season is over. We need to win 6 out of 8. Tough to do. and if we don't make the playoffs I hope we go 6-10 or less so we can get a good pick. I don't want no 8-8 crap.

I see nothing wrong with my statement.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. I forgot to mention a horrendous job of preparation and adjusting by the coaching staff. I will agree with you on Kaepernick as far as some of his problems being because he's behind a completely ineffective O Line. The new Center, Martin is completely overmatched.

Kaepernick's decision-making is poor though and is exacerbated by the O Line but when you cannot run the ball, the play action is worthless and the coaching staff needs to realize this and quit doing something that clearly does not work. They need to stop trying to make a pocket passer out of Kaepernick and let him do what he does. Its been 4 years now and he still cannot do it, so give it up already.
It has only been one half season,one full season and this season but I tend to agree that the 9ers need to stop trying to make Kap do what he clearly has shown he can't do and that is being an effective pocket passer who can win games with his throwing ability and knowledge of defensive strategy.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are you talking about.

Yes I feel like the season is over. We need to win 6 out of 8. Tough to do. and if we don't make the playoffs I hope we go 6-10 or less so we can get a good pick. I don't want no 8-8 crap.

I see nothing wrong with my statement.
I've seen you post this same kind of shit before but If you say the season is over then take your seat on the couch. I'm not giving up just yet.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen you post this same kind of shit before but If you say the season is over then take your seat on the couch. I'm not giving up just yet.

I am not giving up, but it does not bode well for the Niners. I see a loss at Seattle and possbily next week against the Saints. Even if they finish 10 -6, I don't think that will be enough. That loss yesterday and against the Bears really hurt.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has only been one half season,one full season and this season but I tend to agree that the 9ers need to stop trying to make Kap do what he clearly has shown he can't do and that is being an effective pocket passer who can win games with his throwing ability and knowledge of defensive strategy.

While kaep's legs are a great asset, A QB has to be successful from the pocket in order to be successful in this league. It took Steve Young some time but he finally got it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh and Roman are getting DESTROYED on KNBR today.

Thursday will be interesting on Murph and Mac...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While kaep's legs are a great asset, A QB has to be successful from the pocket in order to be successful in this league. It took Steve Young some time but he finally got it.

I actually think Steve Young got worse the more he became a pocket passer. He was really something special when the threat to run slowed down the pass rush.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh and Roman are getting DESTROYED on KNBR today.

Thursday will be interesting on Murph and Mac...

As they should be. 2 weeks to prepare and this is what they came up with?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Steve Young got worse the more he became a pocket passer. He was really something special when the threat to run slowed down the pass rush.

I don't think so at all. When Young first came to the 49ers, he was quick to rush from the pocket. His play was not great and those around during that time remember there were quite a few fans that wanted to start Bono and dump Young (I was not one of them). I also read years later that Young would drive Bill Walsh abosulely crazy by escaping the pocket and not allowing plays to develop downfield. That changed as time went on and he had it all going that Super Bowl year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agree.

he doesn't need to stay in the pocket 100%, but he has to do well enough. IMO he has improved some from the pocket, he just needs a LITTLE more time. Opponents are just blitzing 'all get out', till we can figure out our blocking scheme?

what Kaep has to prepare for now, are check downs and QUICK passes.