• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC playoffs predictions /Mark Schlereth

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is not nearly as static year to year as people pretend it is while making predictions. The NFC East is a division void of a dominant team. I actually thought hard about putting the Redskins in that spot, but I don't trust RG3's health enough. The Giants took steps back, and the Eagles are a bit of a mess. The Cowboys are have the talent to be a very good team. I think the continued maturation of Dez Bryant really helps out the offense. I also think that bringing in Lane Kiffin will help the defense. Rob Ryan is pretty bad at what he gets paid to do.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did say that I think the Falcons are a better team than Carolina, but the best team often doesn't win the division. I just don't like their defense, I don't like that they replaced an old running back with an old running back, and their tight end is ancient. Also they have done well in the regular season for a few years in a row. It wouldn't take all that much to knock them off their perch. One concussion or the correct ACL and they are not nearly the offense they were last year.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I went with KC because there is usually at least one team nobody expects make it and there is talent on the team.

Alex Smith won't take them to the Super Bowl but he'll cut down the turnovers by a large margin and he's a huge upgrade over Cassel.

Reid will upgrade the offense and as long as he plays to the strengths to the team and not have Smith drop back 60 times a game.

The team isn't devoid of talent but they just had the worst QB in the league and a coach that has no business being anything other than a DC.

Hand the ball of to Charles, have Smith make the plays you need, and play solid defense and I could see them making the playoffs given the fact they'll have last place schedule, play in a soft division, and play in a soft conference.

I agree, but Smith won't be the catalyst as some expect him to be. The Chiefs I felt were extremely unlucky last year, so it would have been unlikely for them to repeat their turnover margin debacle even if they would have held onto Cassel.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm going to give posters a chance to laugh at me. I'm going to change picking the Colts to making the playoffs to ....the Tennessee Titans! That's right, the Titans.

They beefed up their OL with signing of Andy Levite and drafting Chance Warmack, added Justin Hunter to Kenny Britt and Kendall Wright for a good WR corp signed Delanie Walker to replace Cook...I think that's a upgrade. They got Chris Johnson at RB and added Shonn Greene to help keep Johnson fresh,

You heard it here first!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, there aint no way NO is going to knock us out of a playoff slot. You must be snorting some really bad coke or something.

I just see the panthers and Saints being better this year that take some wins away from Alt. This cause them to fall out of the playoffs, not because there a bad team but it comes down to tie breaks and it just doesn't fall there way. Insead of attacking me, how about telling me why you think Alt should retain there spot. Steven Jackson a great player but has miles and might not have much in the tank just as turner seemed to be on fumes throughout the season. Also I don't feel the falcons D is untouchable allowing both the saints and panthers being able to put points on the board. If memory serves the saint/Alt games where close, down to the final sec, so who's to say those don't become losses.

Now looking at there schedule it looks favorable against the bills, Jets, and Miami but doesn't make what I said crazy.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Jake Locker to step up if the Titans want to make a run for the playoffs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see the panthers and Saints being better this year that take some wins away from Alt. This cause them to fall out of the playoffs, not because there a bad team but it comes down to tie breaks and it just doesn't fall there way. Insead of attacking me, how about telling me why you think Alt should retain there spot. Steven Jackson a great player but has miles and might not have much in the tank just as turner seemed to be on fumes throughout the season. Also I don't feel the falcons D is untouchable allowing both the saints and panthers being able to put points on the board. If memory serves the saint/Alt games where close, down to the final sec, so who's to say those don't become losses.

Now looking at there schedule it looks favorable against the bills, Jets, and Miami but doesn't make what I said crazy.

Don't get defensive about your picks. Just explain why you think the Saints and Panthers will be better. Who have they added, are injured players coming back to make them better? So on and so forth.

Just remember ...nobody really knows, we just have opinions and we should be ready to defend that opinion.:suds: You have put forth your defense of your opinion, get ready for a return argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny...I see a lot of members lurking out there! Come on Man! Put forth your prediction!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get defensive about your picks. Just explain why you think the Saints and Panthers will be better. Who have they added, are injured players coming back to make them better? So on and so forth.

Just remember ...nobody really knows, we just have opinions and we should be ready to defend that opinion.:suds:

:agree:
I had no problem with him disagreeing that's fine but to simply say I'm on crack than walk away without saying why just comes across as being "Superbowl" if he had explained why than I have something to think about, maybe change my mind, really understand Alt better because I spend my time on Seattle instead it comes across as just a troll (to me at least). Ow well if he/she wants to think I'm high than fine.:laugh3:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok I'm going to give posters a chance to laugh at me. I'm going to change picking the Colts to making the playoffs to ....the Tennessee Titans! That's right, the Titans.

They beefed up their OL with signing of Andy Levite and drafting Chance Warmack, added Justin Hunter to Kenny Britt and Kendall Wright for a good WR corp signed Delanie Walker to replace Cook...I think that's a upgrade. They got Chris Johnson at RB and added Shonn Greene to help keep Johnson fresh,

You heard it here first!

But Jake Locker...

The team that I can assure you will make a playoff run is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Their secondary this year is probably #2 in the league(As long as J. Banks beats out Eric Wr(ong)ight. A lot of youth on their Dline; their bound to breakout this year. The QB, RB, and WR positions are all set to go.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC

1. Atlanta 12-4
2. San Fran 11-5
3. Green Bay 11-5
4. NY Giants 9-7
5. Seattle 10-6
6. Chicago 10-6

AFC

1. Denver 13-3
2. Houston 11-5
3. Pittsburgh 11-5
4. New England 10-6
5. Cincinnati 10-6
6. Kansas City 9-7

NFC playoffs

Wild Card
Green Bay over Chicago
NY Giants over Seattle

Division round

San Fran over Green Bay
Atlanta over NY Giants

NFC title game

Atlanta over San Fran

AFC playoffs

Wild Card

Pittsburgh over KC
New England over Cincinnati

Division round

New England over Denver
Pittsburgh over Houston

AFC title

Pittsburgh over New England

Super Bowl

Atlanta over Pittsburgh

This is correct

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Jake Locker to step up if the Titans want to make a run for the playoffs.

Exactly! Locker has got to show he's NFL worthy. I was soooooo disappointed with his senior year, but the dude has the tools, I'm pulling for him.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC
1. San Francisco
2. Atlanta
3. Chicago
4. Dallas
5. Green Bay
6. Seattle

AFC
1. Denver
2. Houston
3. Pittsburgh
4. New England
5. Baltimore
6. Kansas City

NFC
Chicago over Seattle
Green Bay over Dallas

Atlanta over Chicago
San Francisco over Green Bay

San Francisco over Atlanta

AFC
Pitt over Kansas City
Baltimore over New England

Pittsburgh over Houston
Denver over Baltimore

Pittsburgh over Denver

Super Bowl

San Francisco over Pittsburgh

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! Locker has got to show he's NFL worthy. I was soooooo disappointed with his senior year, but the dude has the tools, I'm pulling for him.

He's got a big body if I'm not mistaken. It's a shame he doesn't have much support with the Titans though. Kenny Britt is about the best playmaker they have

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is correct

Atlanta over Pittsburgh? Ok I understand the Atlanta part( even thou I disagree with it) but the Pittsburgh part?

Go ahead tell me why a team that was 8-8 last year and lost some good players and have other players that are declining will go to the Superbowl? Could happen I guess...but I don't see it.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^lol I just was homering and I'm buzzed I barely considered Pitt. My actual pick would probably be either NE or Denver. I wanna say the Texans but Schaub isn't the right qb to get them to the SB

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^lol I just was homering and I'm buzzed I barely considered Pitt. My actual pick would probably be either NE or Denver. I wanna say the Texans but Schaub isn't the right qb to get them to the SB

I'd have to pick the Bronco's. Texans? I with you Schaub just isn't convincing , the rest of the team doesn't look bad however.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a big body if I'm not mistaken. It's a shame he doesn't have much support with the Titans though. Kenny Britt is about the best playmaker they have

I don't know ...Justin Hunter could be good and Kendall Wright IMO will be a good wr in the NFL.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC
1. San Francisco
2. Atlanta
3. Chicago
4. Dallas
5. Green Bay
6. Seattle

AFC
1. Denver
2. Houston
3. Pittsburgh
4. New England
5. Baltimore
6. Kansas City

NFC
Chicago over Seattle
Green Bay over Dallas

Atlanta over Chicago
San Francisco over Green Bay

San Francisco over Atlanta

AFC
Pitt over Kansas City
Baltimore over New England

Pittsburgh over Houston
Denver over Baltimore

Pittsburgh over Denver

Super Bowl

San Francisco over Pittsburgh

Mmmm tell me why you see Dallas winning their division? Also another Pittsburgh pick for the Superbowl? Really ? They were 8-8 last year. Tell me why this year they go to the Superbowl. I'd go with the Bronco's.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm tell me why you see Dallas winning their division? Also another Pittsburgh pick for the Superbowl? Really ? They were 8-8 last year. Tell me why this year they go to the Superbowl. I'd go with the Bronco's.

I see Dallas winning the East because, IMHO, that division is shit. I don't see Kelly succeeding in Philly, the Giants don't excite me, and I'm not convinced that RG3 can have the type of year that he had last year, especially with the knee injury.

As for Pittsburgh, they do play the NFC North but no one honestly knows hows that going to end up. GB still has a shitty defense, Chicago is old and has 1 WR, Minnesota can't expect AP to duplicate last season and Ponder is extremely suspect, and Detroit is Detroit. They've added pieces but I'm not sold on Schwartz as the one to get them over the hump. Their non-division conference games include Miami/Buffalo/Tennessee at home and they have Oakland, New England, and the Jets on the road. I could really see them going 11-5/12-4 and surprising the hell out of people. Their losses last year were also extremely close losing by a FG to Oakland/Tenn/Balt/Dallas/Cincy. That 8-8 isn't as bad as it looks.