• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC Playoff Picture 12/19/2016

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Composite win % the team has beat over the course of the season. Sorry Pack fans. It's Tampa right now. By a whole 1 game. No clue why NFL.com is wrong but it is

I looked it up and you look only at each teams victories and the records of the teams each team beat and add those records up and whichever team has beaten teams with the better record wins. Another words the team that has beaten better teams gets the Wild Card spot

A guide to NFL playoff tiebreakers

Strength of victory/Schedule and the Rest

This is where things potentially get frustrating for fans. Fortunately, tiebreakers rarely get this far down the list, but if it does, the NFL is prepared. Strength of victory is calculated by combining the winning percentages of every opponent a team has beaten. Strength of schedule is similar, but combines the winning percentage of every one of a team's regular season opponents, win or lose.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How likely do you guys think it is that Green Bay wins the North?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every website has Pack as the #6 seed except ESPN because Pack lead the SOS and are tied in the above categories. ESPN has TB at #6 because they say TB leads winning% in common games which is wrong that is a tie.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How likely do you guys think it is that Green Bay wins the North?

Depends on MM and Dom Capers and when they decide to go into conservative/soft coverage mode instead of dominating teams. Given that both Lions and Vikes are struggling and Pack are peaking I'd say the odds are in GB's favor right now. I just don't trust the coaching staff that plays not to lose once achieving a good lead.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry @rmilia1 ESPN is filled with a bunch of morons that have messed up tiebreakers before.

Going on the assumption that it is simply a matter of adding up the records of the teams that each win I found that both teams victories come over opponents with with a 49-62-1 record.

The next tie breaker is Strength of Schedule, which right now is 99-95-2 to 98-96-2 in favor of the Packers.

ESPN YOU ARE FIRED

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every website has Pack as the #6 seed except ESPN because Pack lead the SOS and are tied in the above categories. ESPN has TB at #6 because they say TB leads winning% in common games which is wrong that is a tie.
Tampa actually leads in common games (2-1) vs 1-1 for GB BUT there's a 4 game minimum so that won't apply

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry @rmilia1 ESPN is filled with a bunch of morons that have messed up tiebreakers before.

Going on the assumption that it is simply a matter of adding up the records of the teams that each win I found that both teams victories come over opponents with with a 49-62-1 record.

The next tie breaker is Strength of Schedule, which right now is 99-95-2 to 98-96-2 in favor of the Packers.

ESPN YOU ARE FIRED
I'll look at it again and do a breakdown because I got a 1 game difference

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa actually leads in common games (2-1) vs 1-1 for GB BUT there's a 4 game minimum so that won't apply

Does it go by games or teams because if they go by common games both teams are 3-2.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll look at it again and do a breakdown because I got a 1 game difference

It's really annoying but I wish the websites were more detailed on the tie breakers but I think I have a better understanding now. I think since all websites other than ESPN has GB at #6 tells me ESPN screwed up.

None if this will matter if GB just wins out.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Rams don't have a shot? That's what you're telling me??

:finger2:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really annoying but I wish the websites were more detailed on the tie breakers but I think I have a better understanding now. I think since all websites other than ESPN has GB at #6 tells me ESPN screwed up.

None if this will matter if GB just wins out.
Okay so here's another thing. Games vs common opponents.

Yeah I've got no clue because you're right the SoV is the same too. Lol. I guess we will find out if they tie. Whoever shows up at the playoff will be it

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the season ended today this is how the NFC playoffs would look like.
First Round Byes:
#1 seed Cowboys
#2 seed Hawks

Wildcard teams:
#3 seed Atlanta
#4 Seed Lions
#5 seed Giants
#6 seed Packers

ESPN is wrong since TB is not the #6 seed now because GB wins the tie breaker over TB since they have a better strength of victory.

Wild Card games

Atlanta vs Packers
Lions vs Giants

The reality is ATL, Dal, GB, and Hawks will win out. Detroit will lose out. I think TB will snag the last playoff spot with an easier final two games than the Skins. If it plays out the way it should then the playoff picture will be the same 1, 2, and 3 seeds in Dal, Hawks, and Atlanta. Packers would be the #4 seed, Giants at #5 and TB at #6.

Packers vs Giants

Atlanta vs Tampa Bay

Both you and @Brees#1 are probably brighter minds than me when it comes to sorting this out with 2 games left.

I have a feeling ATL will win out. CAR imo is their toughest game imo. They get CAR on a shorter than normal week with the game being on Sat. This year anyway, I just think they are better than NO, but that could be a shootout. So imo 11-5, worst case they split and 10-6 3 seed.

DET...I agree with you, a little smoke and mirror type season...9-7

GB...I agree with Rodgers, they run the table and win the north...10-6, 4 seed.

TB...Tough call, @ NO is going to be a tough game, and beating CAR at home is going to be tough...I say they go 0-2 also and DET is the 6 seed.

DET @ ATL

NYG @ GB

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 NFL Playoff Standings - Nation Football League

ESPN has SOV a tie and SOS GB has an edge but they give TB the #6 seed because they said TB has the higher winning % in common games which isn't true. Both teams are 3-2 in common games. Common games requrire at least 4 games played which both have played 5 and both are 3-2. Again, ESPN should fire somebody.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers can clinch a wild card spot if the following things happen next weekend.

1. Packers beat Minnesota.

2. Tampa Bay loses at New Orleans.

3. Washington loses at Chicago. (Knocks Washington out)

4. Atlanta wins at Carolina. (Gives ATL the Division)

5. Denver wins vs. Kansas City. ( Lower SOV for TB)

6. Detroit wins at Dallas (better SOV for Pack)

7. Houston wins vs. Cincinnati (better SOV for Pack)