• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC NORTH INJURY REPORT

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured we could use a thread to keep track of major injuries within our division.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't to celebrate players getting injured, but for the teams we play twice per season key injuries to their guys will play a pretty big role in the outcome of our season.

If we keep a running list here then by season's end we should have a good idea of which teams in our division were the healthiest and which got hit the hardest by the injury bug.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is what made me think of starting this thread:

Report: Loadholt suffered torn Achilles | ProFootballTalk

If Loadholt is done for the season that's a huge shot in the arm for our defense. Again, I'm not celebrating an injury, but Loadholt is a big-ole' road grader who is a beast in the running game. With Peterson returning the Vikings offense is in for a big boost, but if their starting mountain of a right tackle is out for the year that would be a significant blow for them for sure.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin White to undergo leg surgery, could miss season - NFL.com

This one is huge, too. The Bear's offense is already learning a new system with a new coordinator, so losing their top-ten pick for the season leaves them well behind the proverbial eight ball this season.

Nothing against Kevin White personally, and it would suck for him, but from a Lions fan perspective, it would be nice to see the Bear's very promising and dangerous receiver flame out in a hurry from injuries and falling behind because of them like so many of our draft picks seem to have done...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing lots of injuries in the NFC in general. Bears also banged up. Giants and Skins getting decimated.

One of good things that goes forgotten is that we did not have any significant injuries or suspensions so far. Fingers crossed that it continues that way

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is what made me think of starting this thread:

Report: Loadholt suffered torn Achilles | ProFootballTalk

If Loadholt is done for the season that's a huge shot in the arm for our defense. Again, I'm not celebrating an injury, but Loadholt is a big-ole' road grader who is a beast in the running game. With Peterson returning the Vikings offense is in for a big boost, but if their starting mountain of a right tackle is out for the year that would be a significant blow for them for sure.

:hammer:.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin White to undergo leg surgery, could miss season - NFL.com

This one is huge, too. The Bear's offense is already learning a new system with a new coordinator, so losing their top-ten pick for the season leaves them well behind the proverbial eight ball this season.

Nothing against Kevin White personally, and it would suck for him, but from a Lions fan perspective, it would be nice to see the Bear's very promising and dangerous receiver flame out in a hurry from injuries and falling behind because of them like so many of our draft picks seem to have done...

:hammer:.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loadholt to IR.

Vikings lost arguably their best offensive lineman, and almost certainly their best run blocker.

Bad for Phil, but good for the Lions...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings tackle depth takes another big hit:

Vikings lose tackle Carter Bykowski for the season | ProFootballTalk

They're now down to a rookie 7th round pick and two rookie UDFAs as their primary back-ups at the position, and we're still 3 preseason games from the start of the season...

Not two rookies anymore, but that was the Lions depth chart last couple years. Could very well help slow down AP a little. Could very well work out also. I see some vets arriving in Mankato shortly.

I remember being happy when rookie Baktari took over at LT for the Packers. Then remembered regretting my happiness by seasons end. I hope Fog's hammer dance is reality in week two.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players dropping like flies. Panthers lose their only decent WR. It stinks that a team from the NFC South will be in the playoffs. When is that new rule change going into effect?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players dropping like flies. Panthers lose their only decent WR. It stinks that a team from the NFC South will be in the playoffs. When is that new rule change going into effect?

Atlanta has a chance at 10 wins this year. Not sure what to expect from the Saints.

Too bad Panthers. KB was really developing nicely.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, it took the Vikes two major injuries to break even with the Lions at the RT spot.
Do tell.

I realize you're just trying to be a d-bag to instigate a fight because you're scared and insecure, but fuck it, let's hear your explanation on how the Vikings being down to a rookie 7th rounder and two rookie UDFAs at RT is like our situation where our starter had offseason surgery, but is largely expected to be back by week one, maybe week two or three, and where our back-up is a 2nd year player. Both of whom have a helluva lot more starts under their belts than the Vikings options do.

So c'mon, internet tough guy, lets here an explanation that takes more than 6 brain cells and years of repressed anger to articulate.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta has a chance at 10 wins this year. Not sure what to expect from the Saints.

Too bad Panthers. KB was really developing nicely.

I agree. If Atlanta toughens up they will win 10. Unfortunately 6 will be against the cupcakes in their own division. Tampa looks awful still. Saints without Jimmy Graham are not promising at all. Now Panthers without KB. Wish we were playing the South agian this year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do tell.

I realize you're just trying to be a d-bag to instigate a fight because you're scared and insecure, but fuck it....

So c'mon, internet tough guy, lets here an explanation that takes more than 6 brain cells and years of repressed anger to articulate.

Wow. Intense.

Waddle and Lucas or both UDFA, no?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Intense.

Waddle and Lucas or both UDFA, no?
Intense? Maybe, but if you don't like it stop posting stupid shit for the sole purpose of flaming the board. Act like a fucking adult for once, not an overgrown 13 year old who thinks pissing others off is a talent to be proud of. It's not. You have the emotional maturity of a 6th grader.

Both of our guys started their careers as UFDAs, yes. Neither are rookies with zero starting experience in the NFL. If you can't understand the difference, then I can't help you there, because there's just no hope if that's really the case...

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers may have lost Nelson for a while too. Another non-contact knee injury. Those tend to end up being ACL tears.

I wont post hammer doing the hammer time dance though. Fog needs to get his post count up.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report right now on NFL Network is Jordy Nelson probably has a torn ACL......MRI upcoming......