• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East camp updates!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was already explained to you that they traded for a CB that got hurt and just selected a CB that was a sure fire top 20 pick in Sydney Jones who sat that season and was coming back. They recently had just drafted a bunch of others. Sidney Jones looks to be a bust but they used plenty of resources on CB. I’m sure they thought they were in a good spot with the Sidney Jones pick but it didn’t work.
Football and basketball are very similar in the fact that the best teams draft best player and don’t reach for need. I’m stupefied you never heard that before. But you don’t know if they were sky high on Goedert and would have taken him if they kept their first. Neither of us know their draft board and quite possibly they didn’t like anyone available.
And as you were told before. We were getting a guy back from injury and had a projected top pick and 2nd ranked CB in the draft coming.
It’s hilarious on the Hoop how criticized the Eagles are and were yards away from winning their 5th playoff game and possibly more in the last 2 seasons. And the biggest reason for the horrible play is their top 4 corner backs are all hurt.

They traded for a CB from Carolina who might not have made the team. It was a salary dump ridding Torrey Smith.
The Jones pick I didn't like cause of his injury and I thought they should have went a different way.
If they didn't like any CB on their board than that's a miss on either Howie or the scouts cause that CB in Carolina seems to be good.
All teams get criticized from their fans, so put the tissues away. Like I said before, no one here said Goddert won't be good but the timing and more pressing issues stand out.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded for a CB from Carolina who might not have made the team. It was a salary dump ridding Torrey Smith.
The Jones pick I didn't like cause of his injury and I thought they should have went a different way.
If they didn't like any CB on their board than that's a miss on either Howie or the scouts cause that CB in Carolina seems to be good.
All teams get criticized from their fans, so put the tissues away. Like I said before, no one here said Goddert won't be good but the timing and more pressing issues stand out.

I was talking about Darby. The Sidney Jones pick was a great pick. I’m pretty sure he was their target in the 1st before he got hurt. To get a great prospect in the 2nd was nice. It worked out really well for Dallas with their LB. There was nothing wrong with the Goedert pick. They won the SB, had a nice team and an elite prospect coming at CB. Unfortunately you can’t nail them all and CB is particularly tough to nail. Most teams in this league need CB help or depth. They had the position covered but he hasn’t panned out. It wasn’t a desperation situation like you’re portraying it.
You also can’t look at a draft two years later and say... “They should have picked...”.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With todays strength training, doubtful.

When you’re running a HS program you sure as shit don’t put your elite athletes at Center. They don’t even do that in the NFL. They are EASILY the least athletically gifted starting position in the NFL. They are the college players not athletic enough to play T and not strong enough to play G

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is your lack of depth? Remember last week when you were blaming the teams losses on the injuries.

There. There is your lack of depth.

Dude 5 of our top 6 CBs are out. Is our 6th and 7th CB we signed off the street to start next week supposed to be stars. You are being way too hard headed. You’re literally saying we should have good players on stand by who aren’t on the team.
Jesus bro.
No team has 3 DTs as good as Cox, Jackson and Jernigan. We lose Jackson game one and Jernigan game 2. What do you expect? Our 3rd string to be stars.
The Eagles have one of the deepest teams in the league but we have been devastated by injury.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you’re running a HS program you sure as shit don’t put your elite athletes at Center. They don’t even do that in the NFL. They are EASILY the least athletically gifted starting position in the NFL. They are the college players not athletic enough to play T and not strong enough to play G

Again, you are wrong.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude 5 of our top 6 CBs are out. Is our 6th and 7th CB we signed off the street to start next week supposed to be stars. You are being way too hard headed. You’re literally saying we should have good players on stand by who aren’t on the team.
Jesus bro.
No team has 3 DTs as good as Cox, Jackson and Jernigan. We lose Jackson game one and Jernigan game 2. What do you expect? Our 3rd string to be stars.
The Eagles have one of the deepest teams in the league but we have been devastated by injury.

Not deep enough, BRO

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus bro.

What’s the difference between an Eagles fan and a baby?

After a while, the baby will stop whining.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the problem is your starting CBs really aren't impact starters. Is there really a huge drop off?

Yes our starters are poor but there’s a HUGE drop off between starters that went to major Universities and won a SB and guys who didn’t get drafted, didn’t go through training camp or any practices that weren’t on a roster literally days ago now being starters.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes our starters are poor but there’s a HUGE drop off between starters that went to major Universities and won a SB and guys who didn’t get drafted, didn’t go through training camp or any practices that weren’t on a roster literally days ago now being starters.
Weren't your starters hurt in the SB run too?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't your starters hurt in the SB run too?

Yep but that wasn’t focused at one position like this year. We had a QB, LT, LB, ST ace out. This year it’s really bizarre how it’s all CBs and some DTs. To lose 5 of your 6 rostered CBs is ridiculous. That isn’t a lack of depth issue. That’s just really bad luck.
The DTs hurt because our DEs aren’t as deep as before and they really focused on helping F Cox out and the 2 very good DTs we added are both gone. That’s more easy to overcome but the CB situation is out of control.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep but that wasn’t focused at one position like this year. We had a QB, LT, LB, ST ace out. This year it’s really bizarre how it’s all CBs and some DTs. To lose 5 of your 6 rostered CBs is ridiculous. That isn’t a lack of depth issue. That’s just really bad luck.
The DTs hurt because our DEs aren’t as deep as before and they really focused on helping F Cox out and the 2 very good DTs we added are both gone. That’s more easy to overcome but the CB situation is out of control.

Overcoming starting QB is easier than the CB situation? :pound:

You’re so full of shit

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I meant CBs. You didn't even mention CBs so I assume I'm wrong, but I thought in 2017 you had about as bad a problem as this year with CBs - between injuries and shitty play. Maybe it was last year I am thinking of?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck does these things have to do with anything?

You got to get your head out of the draft Son!!!

Everson Walls was one of our top CBs & didnt go to a "Major University" & was an Undrafted FA.
Now if you wrote this very samePost without adding silly ass stupid crap like this. I would have simply ignored your post altogether. Like Normal.

Not sure what won a SB has to do with anything either?
Larry Brown won a superbowl & MVP. Now I didnt think he was all that great but he was a 12th rd. draft pick so there is that.

You evaluate talent & put them on the team by that metric.
Not what school they come from or where they were drafted? That means dick. Or your coaching staff sucks at evaluation. One or the other. Also it has not been a huge drop off from when your starters were in to now. Yes it is worse, but not in a huge way.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about Darby. The Sidney Jones pick was a great pick. I’m pretty sure he was their target in the 1st before he got hurt. To get a great prospect in the 2nd was nice. It worked out really well for Dallas with their LB. There was nothing wrong with the Goedert pick. They won the SB, had a nice team and an elite prospect coming at CB. Unfortunately you can’t nail them all and CB is particularly tough to nail. Most teams in this league need CB help or depth. They had the position covered but he hasn’t panned out. It wasn’t a desperation situation like you’re portraying it.
You also can’t look at a draft two years later and say... “They should have picked...”.

Back then the Sydney Jones pick wasn't a good pick and I knew that right off the bat cause that was a devastating injury. Winning the SB has nothing to do with having a nice team. People knew that secondary had serious issues and it took Nick Foles to have an amazing game to beat Brady. Most teams have at least one solid CB while the Eagles have none.
So put the homer glasses away for a minute and answer this. What would you have done...Selected a CB cause the backfield needed massive help or select a TE2 and watch the secondary get lit up throughout the year?