• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Belongs to the Eagles now....

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee Dak will be a starter in this league longer than Wentz will be. Wentz is going to tear up his arm throwing the way he does, or he is going to wash out when he doesn't show improvement. he had all offseason and shows no change.

He's had all off season to change and hasn't proves tou haven't been watching the Eagles

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you're losing your mind. His throwing has been fantastic. There's an article in today's Philly paper on how much better he is this year and has a much MUCH better arm than Dak
He's going to throw out his arm
Huhh? That makes absolutely no sense. The other predictions you had were on point but you're making absolutely no sense. I never miss the Eagles and rhe announcers have done nothing but heap praise on him. The only negative I've heard is he holds on the ball too long too often
He's gonna throw out his arm... huh?

In the Philly paper you say? trashing Dallas at the expense of the Eagles.

welp, I'm sold.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Wentz Reportedly Developed Elbow Soreness from Throwing Motion

Why there's concern over Carson Wentz's throwing motion and why it isn't a big deal

And he is doing the same thing still this year.

But hey, Philly paper says he is better than Dak so it must be true.

They Philly paper didn't mention Dak. They said Carson is better this year and those articles are old. This is ridiculous dude. We can discuss who we feel is better but saying Carson Wentz is going to have a short career because of last year's motion is nonsense. Dak relies on his athleticism a lot more then Wentz and we know what happens to athletic QBS at 30. Wentz is on his way to being a superstar. Dal is on his way to being a very good QB
But there's a difference.
And if you knew Philly media they enjoy nothing more then attacking the slightest issue. Wentz is going to have a short career because of the way he throws... good grief my man.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Philly paper you say? trashing Dallas at the expense of the Eagles.

welp, I'm sold.

Just watching the Cowboys Rams game and that hold call on Fredricks was abysmal. Could have cost Dallas the game. Dallas is taking too much heat that they don't deserve but that call was beyond pathetic

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order for the Eagles to win the division they need to run effectively against better run defenses and not abandon it when things aren't working early. It was nice to see them have success but that was against the worst rush D. Also the secondary has to play better. If Dougie P can continue to have a well balanced offense, the Eagles have a real good shot at winning the division.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order for the Eagles to win the division they need to run effectively against better run defenses and not abandon it when things aren't working early. It was nice to see them have success but that was against the worst rush D. Also the secondary has to play better. If Dougie P can continue to have a well balanced offense, the Eagles have a real good shot at winning the division.

Yeah, I'm not sold in Petersen and rhe corners are bad. Really bad. I'm hoping Darby gets back asap. I've said this before but Sidney Jones is the key. If he's good the Eagles will be legit. But they simply aren't going to beat good passing teams. They play 10 yards off every play and when they have to clamp down in the 4th they get tourched. They have giving up 40 points in the first 3 quarters all year which is good but 54 in the 4th alone. They are just squeaking by with 61 yard FGs and running out the clock.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not sold in Petersen and rhe corners are bad. Really bad. I'm hoping Darby gets back asap. I've said this before but Sidney Jones is the key. If he's good the Eagles will be legit. But they simply aren't going to beat good passing teams. They play 10 yards off every play and when they have to clamp down in the 4th they get tourched. They have giving up 40 points in the first 3 quarters all year which is good but 54 in the 4th alone. They are just squeaking by with 61 yard FGs and running out the clock.

I too would like to see Sidney Jones come back his old healthy self but that won't be until next season. Maybe, just maybe Dougie P learned that a balanced offense is key to success but only time will tell. Philly despite some glaring holes will be in the race.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too would like to see Sidney Jones come back his old healthy self but that won't be until next season. Maybe, just maybe Dougie P learned that a balanced offense is key to success but only time will tell. Philly despite some glaring holes will be in the race.

I think a great season for Philly would be a playoff win. We shall see. Redskins look like the most balanced team in the east.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They Philly paper didn't mention Dak. They said Carson is better this year and those articles are old. This is ridiculous dude. We can discuss who we feel is better but saying Carson Wentz is going to have a short career because of last year's motion is nonsense. Dak relies on his athleticism a lot more then Wentz and we know what happens to athletic QBS at 30. Wentz is on his way to being a superstar. Dal is on his way to being a very good QB
And if you knew Philly media they enjoy nothing more then attacking the slightest issue. Wentz is going to have a short career because of the way he throws... good grief my man.

The articles were before the season, sure. But look at tape and his motion is still the same. The throws like a baseball, starts his windup with his elbow leading the way then pivots his wrist over. His tape is actually exactly how I teach kids to throw a baseball. It's terrible torque when holding a football. That slow windup and incorrect motion is going to shorten his career with injuries and INT's.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh... sure. This board always seemed completely pointless when people can't be objective. Yeah, and Wendell Smallwood is better than Zeek Elliot too (My imitation of you)
So he is the one that can't be objective when your comment was:
"there isn't a GM in the league that would take him over Wentz"

I like Wentz, but Come on now. you can make a case for both IMO. But even if you think Wentz is a lot better to say that not even one GM would take him is the statement that is not being objective. First off, because you have no clue what the GMs would actually do and secondly the Cowboys (not sure who, they said during the game) just said last week if they redid that draft they would take Dak #1 overall. I thought that was an interesting comment seeing as Elliott was taken #4 overall and probably didn't like that comment.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garbage Dallas fan saying Wentz is gonna amount to basically a nothing short career......

Welp..im sold

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does? I wish Dak would run more. So far Dak has rushed 69 times and Wentz 66 times. Since Dallas ran out the clock a lot more (a lot more) last year I'm guessing a bunch of those were kneel downs and that Wentz actually has run a lot more than Dak. Dak needs to start doing more of what both Cousins and Smith did last night. He needs to run when it is an important part of the game and he needs a first down. He could be one of the best in the league at it, but he just doesn't do it. So I disagree with your statement. He has been using his athletic ability to avoid the rush and throw on the run a lot because the blocking has not been good for him, but that isn't risking your career, that is saving your career.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing for the rest of the NFC East that the Skins lost last night. Had they won in KC that would have been a pretty big statement even if they disappeared for a while during that game.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The articles were before the season, sure. But look at tape and his motion is still the same. The throws like a baseball, starts his windup with his elbow leading the way then pivots his wrist over. His tape is actually exactly how I teach kids to throw a baseball. It's terrible torque when holding a football. That slow windup and incorrect motion is going to shorten his career with injuries and INT's.

One of the articles was dated Dec 6th 2016...which was during last season. The other article obviously was after the season but well before training camp. Carson Wentz worked on his mechanics quite a bit in the offseason. Do you have anything relevent...say during this season that shows his mechanics are bad and will shorten his career (which is stupid to suggest anyway IMO)? So far it is obvious you have not seen much of Carson Wentz at all. I am not saying he has corrected his motion problems completely but has worked hard at improving them and will only get better as he works more to improve it.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he is the one that can't be objective when your comment was:
"there isn't a GM in the league that would take him over Wentz"

I like Wentz, but Come on now. you can make a case for both IMO. But even if you think Wentz is a lot better to say that not even one GM would take him is the statement that is not being objective. First off, because you have no clue what the GMs would actually do and secondly the Cowboys (not sure who, they said during the game) just said last week if they redid that draft they would take Dak #1 overall. I thought that was an interesting comment seeing as Elliott was taken #4 overall and probably didn't like that comment.

Well you know Dallas wouldn't say they'd take Wentz #1. Dak is good. Very good. But Wentz is your prototypical QB and Dak is more like a McNabb. It is debatable cause neither is there yet but I really respect Ford but Wentz is gonna have a short career cause he throws odd. Thats ridiculous

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing for the rest of the NFC East that the Skins lost last night. Had they won in KC that would have been a pretty big statement even if they disappeared for a while during that game.

I've been pleasantly surprised with the D laying the lumber the way they've been so far. Hadn't seen this in years.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I personally do not think the Eagles are Super Bowl Contenders yet. They are an up and coming team that will only get better. I think they have a good shot at winning the division but I think they are missing some pieces to be a serious contender IMO. The secondary is a problem and with the recent injuries the pass defense is just horrible.