• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

............. Next Longhorn Head Coach

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOfficial thread.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Longhorns hire search committee for new football coach - ESPN

Included in the group tasked with finding Mack Brown's successor are two members of the UT System Board of Regents, Steve Hicks and Robert Stillwell, as well as former Regent Robert Rowling. They're joined on the committee by UT professor Michael Clement, U.S. federal judge Ricardo Hinojosa, former Exxon Mobil vice president Charles Matthews, Capital Royalty chairman Charles Tate and Pamela Willeford, former U.S. ambassador to Switzerland and Liechtenstein and former chair of the Texas Higher Education Coordinator Board.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next Texas head coach will be ....

Chris Simms!

:laugh3:

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought is that the main targets of the coaching investigation are already established. The decision may have already been made. In fact, I expect it has.
Announcing the next coach in a timely manner is, actually, more important than announcing a new Pope in a timely manner. Recruiting is very important, and getting the old or new assistant coaches settled is important.
There is only one reason, in my opinion, the AD would wait to announce the new coach. Otherwise, we would have already snaked a coach from a lesser tier team currently scheduled to play in a minor bowl.
The conclusion is as follows: The next coach at Texas is currently scheduled to play in a BCS game:
So, in order of descending likelihood,I believe the next coach at Texas will be:
1a. Briles, 1b. Dantonio, 3. Shaw, 4. Fisher [highly unlikely IMO]

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'oh: "2. Malzahn"

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought is that the main targets of the coaching investigation are already established. The decision may have already been made. In fact, I expect it has.
Announcing the next coach in a timely manner is, actually, more important than announcing a new Pope in a timely manner. Recruiting is very important, and getting the old or new assistant coaches settled is important.
There is only one reason, in my opinion, the AD would wait to announce the new coach. Otherwise, we would have already snaked a coach from a lesser tier team currently scheduled to play in a minor bowl.
The conclusion is as follows: The next coach at Texas is currently scheduled to play in a BCS game:
So, in order of descending likelihood,I believe the next coach at Texas will be:

If you take Dantonio I will be a fan of Texas forever.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As quiet as it has been, I believe it will either be Jimbo or Gus. Just waiting fer the NCG to be over to announce. And ya ya ya Jimbo just signed an extention. That just means Texas pays a little more for the buyout in my opinion.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine Greg Davis and Major Applewhite are gone as coordinators.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if the Gruden rumors are true, but man that'd be a huge hire. Gruden developing QBs, i don't think we'd miss out on any more heisman winners.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,428.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if Gruden goes there. seems like the perfect fit

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see it. I don't see any reason for a delay on either end if he was the man.

I don't see it either but crazier things have happened. There is also a rumor that he is doing this, in order to garner interest from Jerry Jones to coach the Cowboys. I have no clue. It makes more sense to go to Austin. He would, presumably make more money and have authority that Jones would never allow him.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys or horns is fine with me, i need Gruden on both teams.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden isn't coming back to coach. I'd love to see it as long as it's not on a rival team of mine, but it just aint happening

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the church once took 3 years to select a Pope I think you might be correct.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's my opinion that the next HC at Texas will be a surprise. Of course, since just about every current and not current HC is being named as a potential replacement for Mack, it won't be a surprise to some.

Why has nobody not mentioned Jimmy Johnson? He grew up in Corpus Christi.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
HOw predictable was that?
Jon has become an attention whore he has the best job in broadcasting no way he walks away from a multi million dollar gig that very well could last more than a decade with very little stress.

One would have to question his sanity of making a decision to leave MNF.