• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next 3 games Okay we are 3-1

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What are the thoughts about sending more CB blitzes like we saw Rodgers do? Given that the next 3 QB's are not Vick in terms of mobility maybe a blitz to force and early throw or to contain and have the pass rush swallow up the QB?

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good point, Fairley back by then?

Not sure on that. He still hasn't played a game and only resumed practice this past week. Even if he does come back against us, I doubt it will be for very many snaps.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My only worry of those three games is Megatron. Rogers is gonna have to really really step up. A big bonus is Detroit has shit at OT so we should be able to get to Stafford. Gonna be interesting.

I hear ya Ray, but while their OT may be shit but their protection for Stafford has, thus far, been stellar - only 1 sack per 33 drop backs (5 total). So they are obviously compensating for that weakness.

As for Megatron, I think he is on pace to catch 913 TD's, and who the hell is going to stop him? With Detroit's 60/40 pass/rush ratio we may need to borrow a page from Walsh's SB XIX playbook and just leave our nickle on the field for most of the day.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What are the thoughts about sending more CB blitzes like we saw Rodgers do? Given that the next 3 QB's are not Vick in terms of mobility maybe a blitz to force and early throw or to contain and have the pass rush swallow up the QB?

i would think so? if our run stopping continues, we should add more pressure as the game wears on. whether its DB's or LB's, take advantage of our run D.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he can manage to do that, he really would be Megatron as opposed to just using that as a nickname ;) I know what you meant though ... just kidding with ya! :)

for fantasy football purposes, no player does well EVERY week? so when does he have a 'pedestrian' game?

in their last two games, those 2 TD's came late? what happened to Stafford to Johnson first half?

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang Deep! You caught that post quick! I was referring to the 913 TDs stat that MW posted. Thought it was a typo or a joke of some sort which is why I posted what I did. But then I couldn't figure out the context of his stat so I deleted my post :)

Though I totally agree with you. How the TD's came about is just as important as the number of TD's. But regardless of whether he got a TD be it at the beginning or end of the game, it still goes to show you that he is a huge weapon in the end zone, which doesn't bode well for us. Some of the catches he has made this year have been flat out ridonkulous!

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dang Deep! You caught that post quick! I was referring to the 913 TDs stat that MW posted. Thought it was a typo or a joke of some sort which is why I posted what I did. But then I couldn't figure out the context of his stat so I deleted my post :)

Though I totally agree with you. How the TD's came about is just as important as the number of TD's. But regardless of whether he got a TD be it at the beginning or end of the game, it still goes to show you that he is a huge weapon in the end zone, which doesn't bode well for us. Some of the catches he has made this year have been flat out ridonkulous!

haaa, 'hanging around' this board longer than i should.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dont worry we will beat them all. Come on now we are the Niners and yes these are the Lions. We never were or should be intimidated by the Lions.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont worry we will beat them all. Come on now we are the Niners and yes these are the Lions. We never were or should be intimidated by the Lions.

It's having exactly such an over-confident mentality that gets teams beat. Just sayin :)

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Hahaha...Yeah, my 'projection' was an attempt at humorously illuminating what you posted here 'meister' - the man is indeed ridonkulous!!!

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, so while we're looking at how we'll win, those three can beat us too. IMO think Detroit is a better team than us, Tampa Bay is about even, and we're slightly better than Cleveland. these games can go either way unless

Alex Smith can continue what he did yesterday, what are the odds of that?

Good odds perhaps? Who knows which alex will show up. We shall find out in the next few weeks. This win should be a huge boost of confidence for Alex Smith/O-line and company. Maybe harbaugh will open up the playbook a bit more as he did in the second half versus the eagles.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex Smith can continue what he did yesterday, what are the odds of that?

Good odds perhaps? Who knows which alex will show up. We shall find out in the next few weeks. This win should be a huge boost of confidence for Alex Smith/O-line and company. Maybe harbaugh will open up the playbook a bit more as he did in the second half versus the eagles.

there shouldn't be any doubt he keeps adding, how fast is the question? after reading articles, not so sure he threw too many passes downfield? weren't some of those plays more YAC?

his QB is comfortable and playing well, thats the main thing. not going to say his O-line is playing well, but apparently yesterday was a start? a start for both the running game and pass protect to get going.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just for shits and giggles I quickly went over the stats for all 4 games and it appears there is a trend forming, not saying that it will continue but it does look positive in some respects.

Passing Yards:
Week 2: +6% WoW
Week 3: +33% WoW
Week 4: +58% WoW

Every week we are seeing more unique plays added to the play call list and we are improving/executing better WoW. Could this be the baby steps that Harbs is putting the team through to help them build their confidence as the season goes on?

On the flip side of that is the running yards WoW.

Running Yards:
Week 2: -13% WoW
Week 3: -32% WoW
Week 4: +228% WoW

To me week 4 looks like an abberation and that we are going the wrong way in the running game. I know, I know, too small a subset of data for any true analysis but it paints a nice trajectory for tha passing game right now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just for shits and giggles I quickly went over the stats for all 4 games and it appears there is a trend forming, not saying that it will continue but it does look positive in some respects.

Passing Yards:
Week 2: +6% WoW
Week 3: +33% WoW
Week 4: +58% WoW

Every week we are seeing more unique plays added to the play call list and we are improving/executing better WoW. Could this be the baby steps that Harbs is putting the team through to help them build their confidence as the season goes on?

On the flip side of that is the running yards WoW.

Running Yards:
Week 2: -13% WoW
Week 3: -32% WoW
Week 4: +228% WoW

To me week 4 looks like an abberation and that we are going the wrong way in the running game. I know, I know, too small a subset of data for any true analysis but it paints a nice trajectory for tha passing game right now.

yep, good stuff.

but it shouldn't be such a big surprise, everyone could've predicted a slow start this season. but naturally, once the real games begin most fans forget the off-season difficulties?

for THIS year we fans mainly need to see the light at the end of the tunnel? if they finish this season like how we've started, we'll be happy going forward.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep, good stuff.

but it shouldn't be such a big surprise, everyone could've predicted a slow start this season. but naturally, once the real games begin most fans forget the off-season difficulties?

for THIS year we fans mainly need to see the light at the end of the tunnel? if they finish this season like how we've started, we'll be happy going forward.

Although I agree with this sentiment, the way the season has been shaping up so far, I think the perceived expectations for the Niners has gone from a decent finish to a playoff team. I don't think anyone will be satisfied with anything less right now

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have to admit, at the start of the season I thought we would start 2-4 going into the bye by beating Seattle and Cinci and finishing at 8-8. Now it looks like we have a good chance to go 4-2 going into the bye and may hit 10 wins this year. A 4 game improvement YoY would be huge for us.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our next three games are against young QBs and two are from the same draft I believe with Freeman and Stafford. They wont be able to run against us so they will have to beat us by going throw the air. Our front 7 will win this for us with pressure but of DBs will have to double team there best or fastest WR. Send pressure and let Willis and Bowman play there game and we should win both of our next 2 games 24-16.

These "young" QB's are more talented and accomplished than our "vet."

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Tampa bay doesnt really have anyone on their team who scares me. Blount should be shut down and tampa will rely on Freeman to make plays.TB has some decent recievers but no one electrifying. If we play smart football and win the turnover battle as we have all season, we should be in position to win this game.

As for detroit, I see it as playing the eagles all over again in a sense, except detroit has a good d-line. Stafford is no vick when it comes to mobility, but hes going to air it out. 50+ throws for bradford. Bradford is a very good pocket passer and Megatron and co. will be hard to stop. Our offense is going to need to step up, control the time of possession and keep the lions O off the field to have a chance. Will be the toughest of the three games by far.

Clevland is a must win, but we cant sleep on them. Any team can beat any team on any given day.

Coming out 2-1 in the next 3 games will put us in prime position to win the west.

Most accurate post in this thread. Tampa doesn't have any single stud, but Freeman is smart, strong and mobile. If our rush doesn't wrap him up, he will hurt us and make plays. Blount is not a burner but he is still a tough runner with some sneaky moves (youtube his 2 hurdles from last season).

Megatron, Suh...Best in the open...I'm scared. We have to play sound and get to Stafford early and often.

Cleveland? Classic trap game if they start thinking about the bye week early...