• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Newest article on the Suh extension talks.....

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions don't pay Suh what he wants, and he ends up leaving, the screw-up will have been not trading him before the draft. He clearly had no interest in signing this off-season.

We can't force a team to trade with us. Obviously Suh is valuable and should be as a trade chip. We can't force teams to take him for what we want, and we shouldn't trade him for jack shit also. I'm guessing(just a guess mind you) that there were teams that called us up, but a deal couldn't be reached.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions don't pay Suh what he wants, and he ends up leaving, the screw-up will have been not trading him before the draft. He clearly had no interest in signing this off-season.

So the Lions were supposed to take a 20 million dollar cap hit with no superstar. It still counts against their cap, regardless.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone brought up a good point on talk radio today. maybe the lions cut off negotiations with Suh and didn't pick up Fairley's option, as Mayhew and Lewand know they must win this year or they will be looking for new jobs (at least Mayhew, not sure about Lewand's situation).

by not getting the deal done and not picking up the option, both players are playing for a new contract and could possibly be in for career type years with the extra motivation, thus helping the team to a great season and saving the jobs of Mayhew and Lewand.

this could be a real stretch, but it made sense as I was listening to it.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone brought up a good point on talk radio today. maybe the lions cut off negotiations with Suh and didn't pick up Fairley's option, as Mayhew and Lewand know they must win this year or they will be looking for new jobs (at least Mayhew, not sure about Lewand's situation).

by not getting the deal done and not picking up the option, both players are playing for a new contract and could possibly be in for career type years with the extra motivation, thus helping the team to a great season and saving the jobs of Mayhew and Lewand.

this could be a real stretch, but it made sense as I was listening to it.

Heck I stated it a few hours ago on a different thread. That's exactly what's going on. This is no stretch. It's reality.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck I stated it a few hours ago on a different thread. That's exactly what's going on. This is no stretch. It's reality.

Sorry about that -- I didn't see you had said the same thing. I just heard someone say it this afternoon on the radio and thought to myself -- it wouldn't surprise me if this is what is going on, even though it is going to make re-signing either guy much tougher.