• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Newest article on the Suh extension talks.....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Lions 'not optimistic' about reaching new deal with Ndamukong Suh | The Detroit News

Suh can really put the screws to the front office over this contract. I honestly hope Mayhew and company do not give in to his demands. Unbelievable talent, but the amount of money it is going to take to re-sign him is going to be obnoxious for a DT, IMO.

That being said -- Suh was on Mike Barwis's new reality show -- American Muscle. After watching that -- it shows you how incredibly strong NFL players are.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again, Let Suh Walk and create Cap Hell for another team.......Just I'magine the money we will have next year to sign 2, 3 or 4 guys for defense will all that money......Don't let the door hit ya Suh......

No DT is worth that money let alone QB or any Human walking this planet.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article mentioned the scenario I think likely. Suh wants to win. And he's waiting to see if the team becomes a functioning entity under Caldwell, or if it remains the same clusterfuck it was under Schwartz. I don't think it makes a shit to Suh who pays him his millions. He wants to win. If he believes the Lions can give him that, he stays. If not, heel-dust baby.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again, Let Suh Walk and create Cap Hell for another team.......Just I'magine the money we will have next year to sign 2, 3 or 4 guys for defense will all that money......Don't let the door hit ya Suh......

No DT is worth that money let alone QB or any Human walking this planet.

Too bad that money will be used on a rb, te and wr though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article mentioned the scenario I think likely. Suh wants to win. And he's waiting to see if the team becomes a functioning entity under Caldwell, or if it remains the same clusterfuck it was under Schwartz. I don't think it makes a shit to Suh who pays him his millions. He wants to win. If he believes the Lions can give him that, he stays. If not, heel-dust baby.

I hope that isn't what Suh is basing his decision on. One playoff win in 50 years -- it doesn't look good for the Lions to re-sign him if that is the case.

I can't say I agree with the Suh doesn't care who pays him his millions. He seems quite set on building his brand -- to the point of going on multiple reality TV shows now, including that obnoxious diving show. A big city/market will offer many more opportunities for him to build his brand even more.

As far as caring about winning, first and foremost -- the amount of his contract will tell you how much he really cares about winning. He can honestly name his price with Detroit. With the luxury of one monster contract already under his belt -- He is already set for life financially, so if winning is his top priority -- taking market value for his position (or basically the same as his rookie deal) is what would help the team the greatest. If he does re-sign and it is for a ridiculous amount -- winning isn't that important to his decision.

Had to edit to add in -- I wouldn't blame him in the least bit for bending the Lions front office over. Mayhew and company have no one to blame but themselves, as they put themselves in this situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad that money will be used on a rb, te and wr though.

Wait a minute -- Aren't I supposed to be the guy making this post?:laugh3:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That same show had Richard Sherman on it.......Sherman got paid by the Hawks.........Will Suh get Paid by the Lions?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That same show had Richard Sherman on it.......Sherman got paid by the Hawks.........Will Suh get Paid by the Lions?

Sherman along with Earl Thomas. Next will be Russel and then...they are heading in wrong direction.

Last edited by a moderator:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman along with Earl Thomas. Next will be Russel and then...they are heading in wrong direction.

That's still years down the road......The Lions have already paid Stafford, CJ and next to be Suh......Lions finanical bind is here and now, the Seahawks still have years before they are in the kind of mess Detroit is.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him go. Take that money and get a high end CB for not much more than half that. Fill with an above average DT. All for the same or slightly less money.

DT is not that important a position. Just need a fat ass to clog the middle. Leave the rest to ziggy and Van Noy and (eventually Webster next year)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's still years down the road......The Lions have already paid Stafford, CJ and next to be Suh......Lions finanical bind is here and now, the Seahawks still have years before they are in the kind of mess Detroit is.

One year. Wilson and Thomas are due up.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is to hoping he gets a massive deal!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have fucking drafted Aaron Donald.

I wonder if not re-signing Suh brings Fairley back into the fold, then?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Suh wants to walk.

He seems to have a chip on his shoulder and I really believe if and when he signs elsewhere he will think the fans will have a total love affair with him and not call him out for bad performance or off field issues.

Obviously we fans in Detroit are just to tough on athletes. ever since he hung up on 97.1 when he was the weekly Lion interview I suspected he has a misconception of what comes his way from the fans.

Maybe I am wrong and he resigns but if he really wanted to resign he would have had an agent sooner and made the effort to help bring better FA to Detroit and help his chance at winning.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have fucking drafted Aaron Donald.

I wonder if not re-signing Suh brings Fairley back into the fold, then?

It most likely does unless he flames out. Even so, I agree with your statement that once we let Fairly know he would get to FA, Donald probably should have been the pick. Still there is always next draft to grab a DT and let Suh walk. We would be in much better shape. We cant afford to have 3 mega contracts. Give a big contract to a CB and it will still be 2/3 of what Suh wants and at a more critical position.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three 1st round DTs!?! C'mon dudes,..... even Maybew thinks/thought that's stupid. (Like two stupider than two first round TEs.) We'd have to give Donald a second deal eventually. And then just play this game again.

uofmarmyguy

Meat Popsicle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold an all out, no holds barred 48 hour bidding war across the league. Best deal wins and ship him off! Been growing tired of his mess for a while and might as well get all we can for him.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Suh wants to walk.

agree with this 100%. i honestly starting to think -- Detroit could offer to make him the highest paid defensive player in the NFL and he'd still test the waters in FA. i think he wants to have the whole league fawning over him and trying to get him to sign with their team.

if winning and staying with Detroit is what Suh wanted -- he would have signed an extension already and Detroit would have upgraded the team they have for 2014. unfortunately -- i think we are going to be left with a 3rd round comp pick and that is actually not a bad thing, when the other option is overpaying a DT.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Suh and Fairley walk next season. It would be nothing short of unbelievable if they kept Mayhew and company. Not only did they put themselves in a horrible situation in the Suh contract debacle to begin with by kicking the can down the road, during the Schwartz years. That would be two top 13 picks out the door with a myriad of 2nd round busts like Titus, Leshoure and Broyles.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Suh and Fairley walk next season. It would be nothing short of unbelievable if they kept Mayhew and company. Not only did they put themselves in a horrible situation in the Suh contract debacle to begin with by kicking the can down the road, during the Schwartz years. That would be two top 13 picks out the door with a myriad of 2nd round busts like Titus, Leshoure and Broyles.

It is already nothing short of unbelievable that Mayhew has a job RIGHT NOW, let alone a job based on what happens after this season.

I do agree wholeheartedly though -- if Suh and Fairley walk -- Mayhew should be walking out the door right along with them. Detroit needs to go and get someone who has built a proven winner in the past and knows what it takes to get it done.