• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Turco Rumor

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on Sirius radio a new rumor (new to me any way) regarding Turco. He apparently still wants to play for the Flyers and is seeking a 3 year $7.5 million contract. Flyers were thinking 3 years $6 million. The Gagne trade talks started and the experts assumed it was to clear the space for Turco. The Zherdev rumor then started up and initailly it was reported that he wanted $4 million per for 3 years. Thought of Turco then ended. He does however still want to be a Flyer.

The "experts" speculated that if the Flyers traded Gagne they may be able to sign both Turco and Zherdev for $2.5 for 1 year each. That would still only leave us with about $800k but we would only need to sign 1 more player. We would also have 4 goalies counting towards the cap at that point. Boucher and Backlund make a little over $1.7 million which would give us $2.5 for 3 players. Repot is that neither player wants to sign a 1 year deal and Zherdev wants over $3 million.

So, if a bus leave Chicago at 1:00 PM and travels at 60 mph and a 2nd leaves Philly at 3:00 PM and travels at 65 mph, who do the Flyers sign?

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick > Turco

You know how much I love Quick.

Quick sucks

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha ander strikes again!

i would be ok with turco coming.. like i've said a million times though leighton and boosh will start the season.. i'd bet a significant amount of money on it

i really hope/think zherdev gets around 3 for 1 year, if he wants more than 1 year and wants more than 2.5, i'd let him go elsewhere.. we wont have the cap-room next year to have his number on there

also you have to keep in mind call-ups cost cap room, not a lot, but they add up.. i'll be very surprised, and probably worried, if we're less than 1 mil below the cap

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and my guess is homer is looking to move gagne for picks now, if the zherdev rumors are true

only problem with that is i dont think anyone will part with a 1st, and i dont see homer taking a 2nd cause he hates those (he's traded about 6 of them)

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well you have to factor in a few healthy scratches into the roster.

also, according to euroflyers twitter the deal is for less than the asking price and 1 year. he said he cares about being in the nhl and not the money. he got married so maybe he grew up.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you have to factor in a few healthy scratches into the roster.

also, according to euroflyers twitter the deal is for less than the asking price and 1 year. he said he cares about being in the nhl and not the money. he got married so maybe he grew up.

i think that was refrencing me? i dont know haha.. the team has to be 23 players (2 goalies, 3 scratches, 18 skaters).. i'm not exactly sure what your point is.. possibly you are not refrencing me and saying we have more guys to sign than the posts above believe and need more cap room?

regardless i think we are agreeing that more cap is needed haha

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a no-talent piece of shit who only has a place in hockey because he is 257 lb can get traded for a pretty good prospect and a first round pick, then Gagne is worth at least a lottery pick.

Get Waddell on the phone! We want Kane!

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think that was refrencing me? i dont know haha.. the team has to be 23 players (2 goalies, 3 scratches, 18 skaters).. i'm not exactly sure what your point is.. possibly you are not refrencing me and saying we have more guys to sign than the posts above believe and need more cap room?

regardless i think we are agreeing that more cap is needed haha

yea i was pretty much agreeing with you. i was saying we need money for healthy scratches. i am not sure how much cap space we have right now with the players we have signed. i am going to wait until after the gagne zherdev thing.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If a no-talent piece of shit who only has a place in hockey because he is 257 lb can get traded for a pretty good prospect and a first round pick, then Gagne is worth at least a lottery pick.

Get Waddell on the phone! We want Kane!

seriously the hawks have all of these marginal players and are getting a good return on them. gagne should get ore than all of them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is true.. i wonder what homer is trying to get for gags

also in the cap central thread there's an updated list.. as of now we're just shy of 600k under the cap (thats with cote on the books, backlund and bartulis off the books)

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so without cote we are about 1 mil under. getting rid of gagne saves a little over 5 mil. getting zherdev adds about 3 mil so we would be about 3 mil under the cap with 3 forwards to sign. does that factor in 7 defensemen?

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
o wait you said bartulis is not on the cap so we would have about 2 mil with bartulis on the books. actually a little more. so about 2 mil to sign 3 forwards. yea there is no way we are getting turco.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're missing the fact that Boucher will be bought out or traded if we sign Turco. So, his $925k will come off the books as well. I'm sure there would be room to sign Powe and Carcillo, even after signing Zherdev and Turco. If not, Carcillo can be let go anyway if his arbitration value is set too high as Powe rounds out the 12 forwards.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think powe and carcillo are coming back..

Wingers: Zherdev, Lappy, Giroux, Leino, Hartnell, Shelley, JvR (7)
Centers: Carts, Richie, Betts, Briere (4)

only need 1 more winger to fill out the roster, and then a healthy scratch.. i think you sign one of those guys, and think nodl or one of the undrafted FA's (testwuide i think leads the way) gets the extra spot.. i'm guessing shelley will scratch now and then, same with carcillo if he's the one that returns.. so the extra guy will get some playing time

bartulis + nodl-ish = 1.5ish
carcill-o-powe = > .5 (prob around 1 mil)

regardless, unless zherdev signed for a good amount under 3, we still need to dump more salary

total BS that the numbers weren't released.

P.S. there's no way turco fits into that.. unless he plans on taking like 1 mil and we move a d-man making 4 mil for a d-man thats making 1-2 mil..

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what happens when you spend $23+ million on your defense with still a very deep team up front. Only two other teams (Toronto & Vancouver) have spent more on defense and I like ours better. Those teams have a lot spent on goaltending too, but it's meant stretching their forwards very thin.