• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Turco Rumor

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto has about 15 defensemen, and Vancouver is dumping Bieksa so that's 3+ off the books.

I don't know about Bieksa. Toronto has 8 defensemen signed and even if you take the lowest two off the books, they have over $26 million spent on defense, which is a good bit more than we do.

Look at how thin the Leafs are up front because of all of the spending in net and on defense. They have virtually nobody...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If a no-talent piece of shit who only has a place in hockey because he is 257 lb can get traded for a pretty good prospect and a first round pick, then Gagne is worth at least a lottery pick.

Get Waddell on the phone! We want Kane!

I agree with this, especially the fat no-talent asswipe part.

Big Bluff!!

nolesfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm with Ander I think Quick would be the better solution for us.

Quick left in some weak goals in the playoffs and everybody seems to be ignoring that.... I expect Turco to be a Flyer for two main reasons. 1) He wants to be a Philadelphia Flyer and 2) He doesn't have many teams looking at him.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a no-talent piece of shit who only has a place in hockey because he is 257 lb can get traded for a pretty good prospect and a first round pick, then Gagne is worth at least a lottery pick.

Get Waddell on the phone! We want Kane!

LOL True dat!

One would think Gag's value has to be good enough to pull down a high pick or two also......except now the other GM's know Homer has less bargaining power because with Z's signing...Homer HAS to trade Gagne and could get talked into taking less in return just because of the urgency to dump his salary.

It's going to be interesting to see how Holmgren does.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick left in some weak goals in the playoffs and everybody seems to be ignoring that.... I expect Turco to be a Flyer for two main reasons. 1) He wants to be a Philadelphia Flyer and 2) He doesn't have many teams looking at him.

my .02 --- Quick hasn't shown me anything in any game I've ever seen him play either.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the way I see it. Leighton was good last season. He can be good this season. He isnt Marty in his prime. He is Michael Leighton. He is Michael Leighton. The Michael Leighton of last year never had the chance to be a #1. The Michael Leighton of last year came off of injury to win 2 1/2 games followed by 2 consecutive shutouts. Yes, that same Michael Leighton let in a weak 5 holer that cost us the cup, but you prematurely ejaculated the first time you saw a vagina. Dont act like you didnt. The Michael Leighton of last year who had never played in the playoffs had two pairings in front of him. One of those pairings worked its ass off for half the game. Michael Leighton lost to a young, talented Blackhawks in the Finals. Michael Leighton didnt lose to the last palce Oilers in the Finals. Michael Leighton can do it. Dont under estimate Michael Leighton.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH!! Right...right...right....Mike Leighton.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the way I see it. Leighton was good last season. He can be good this season. He isnt Marty in his prime. He is Michael Leighton. He is Michael Leighton. The Michael Leighton of last year never had the chance to be a #1. The Michael Leighton of last year came off of injury to win 2 1/2 games followed by 2 consecutive shutouts. Yes, that same Michael Leighton let in a weak 5 holer that cost us the cup, but you prematurely ejaculated the first time you saw a vagina. Dont act like you didnt. The Michael Leighton of last year who had never played in the playoffs had two pairings in front of him. One of those pairings worked its ass off for half the game. Michael Leighton lost to a young, talented Blackhawks in the Finals. Michael Leighton didnt lose to the last palce Oilers in the Finals. Michael Leighton can do it. Dont under estimate Michael Leighton.

Flip side Jr. What If MICHAEL LEIGHTON was a fluke and really is just average? Wouldn't your little paranoid world be a lot better if you knew Turco was there just in case? I don't have time to talk you off a ledge this season, I want for you to be able to relax and enjoy our run to the cup!:D

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree and I think Homer can get Turco for a relatively cheap price. He wants to play and there aren't many suitors. I wouldn't mind having him here, Buy Bouch out and work out a deal with him.

shutout0027

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really dont get this Turco thing. I dont think Turco is that much of an upgrade over Leighton. If he isnt a dramatic upgrade, save the dollars and sign an extra wing for cheap to play with Richards and Carter (assuming Zheredev is playing with JVR and Giroux) and then we may have some maneuverability for once at the trade deadline in case there is a goalie available that IS a significant upgrade. I think Leighton is good enough with this D to keep us as a top team in the east anyways.

nolesfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really dont get this Turco thing. I dont think Turco is that much of an upgrade over Leighton. If he isnt a dramatic upgrade, save the dollars and sign an extra wing for cheap to play with Richards and Carter (assuming Zheredev is playing with JVR and Giroux) and then we may have some maneuverability for once at the trade deadline in case there is a goalie available that IS a significant upgrade. I think Leighton is good enough with this D to keep us as a top team in the east anyways.

There's the problem to me. I don't want A top team, I want THE top team. Turco would bring a lot of experience, and I'd say he is a good bit better than Leights. Everybody has their opinion though.

shutout0027

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I want a TOP team too but does Marty Turco make us a top team more so than Leighton? In my opinion not really. I have watched Turco for years and if your going to question Nabakov's playoff career then you have to question Turco's, he hasnt exactly been stellar and has let in a ton of soft goals over the years. I am willing to break the cap to get a top goalie but i dont think its Turco. thats why i think if we stay fiscally responsible we may be able to get a goalie at the deadline if need be.