• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Turco Rumor

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I am leaning towards Guerin ($1-1.3) and cap space vs. Turco and no space. I have no idea if he would want to sign with the Flyers, but the Pens really seem to have no interest.

*poof*

....and he's a Duck.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys do realize Leighton played behind the Flyers defense last year right? That alone makes him look better than he actually is. Turco was better behind a much worse defense. Put Turco behind the Flyers defense and he would look great.

Like Shutout mentioned earlier -- if Turco is such an upgrade, why isn't every team with a mediocre #1 beating down his door?

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
because different teams have different needs. i said before free agency that not much teams were looking for goalies. i knew they would not get the money they wanted.

nolesfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like Shutout mentioned earlier -- if Turco is such an upgrade, why isn't every team with a mediocre #1 beating down his door?

Most teams with a bad goalie aren't title contenders. He isn't going to help anybody rebuild, but he would be a great fit in Philly.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams with a bad goalie aren't title contenders. He isn't going to help anybody rebuild, but he would be a great fit in Philly.

I wouldn't say that is entirely true. Ignoring the Flyers -- Washington, Montreal, Ottawa, and San Jose are all contending teams that either could use Turco either now or at some point in time this offseason. And yet, he's still available...

nolesfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't say that is entirely true. Ignoring the Flyers -- Washington, Montreal, Ottawa, and San Jose are all contending teams that either could use Turco either now or at some point in time this offseason. And yet, he's still available...

Montreal doesn't think they have any goalie questions, and the Sharks were looking at him. Turco has made it pretty clear he wants to be in Philly and that could be holding other teams back as well. Plus Ottawa has a pretty good young goalie

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick > Turco

You know how much I love Quick.

Quick sucks

51 saves tonight in shutting out the wings

2nd in GAA

4th in sv%

i know we're doing fine w/out getting him, but quick does not suck

all i'm trying to say here, is this is why we dont/shouldn't go crazy and get that 'top flight' goaltender..

for those who were pissed out of their mind that we didnt try to get a top flight, 5 mil+/year, goalie

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's hot. Never, at any level, against any opponents, has he put up anything remotely close to this. If you watched tonight's game, he gave up a disgusting amount of rebounds in the most vile of places, but the Kings cleared the front porch about as well as you could.

Mark this down: Quick will not be in the top 10 for sv% or GAA by year's end. He's this year's Niittymaki, who had a sv% up in the .930s well into January before finishing at .909.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's hot. Never, at any level, against any opponents, has he put up anything remotely close to this. If you watched tonight's game, he gave up a disgusting amount of rebounds in the most vile of places, but the Kings cleared the front porch about as well as you could.

Mark this down: Quick will not be in the top 10 for sv% or GAA by year's end. He's this year's Niittymaki, who had a sv% up in the .930s well into January before finishing at .909.

i didnt watch, i'll be honest.. but 51 saves tells me the kings didnt do much of anything defensively

i get that he's hot and picking and choosing stats i can prove any point i want.. but i dont think you can suck and have hot streaks like this.. he's played in 21 games.. i dont know what season you're referring to for nitty, but i'm assuming he was splitting time more than quick is because thats how most of his time here was spent

and i watched a couple replays on nhl.com since they had headlines praising his play tonight.. 2 highlight reel saves when it was 1-0, they were both atrocious rebounds, but who the hell cares if he gets back and stops them anyway?

you can not want him all you want, but the guy doesn't suck

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt watch, i'll be honest.. but 51 saves tells me the kings didnt do much of anything defensively

i get that he's hot and picking and choosing stats i can prove any point i want.. but i dont think you can suck and have hot streaks like this.. he's played in 21 games.. i dont know what season you're referring to for nitty, but i'm assuming he was splitting time more than quick is because thats how most of his time here was spent

and i watched a couple replays on nhl.com since they had headlines praising his play tonight.. 2 highlight reel saves when it was 1-0, they were both atrocious rebounds, but who the hell cares if he gets back and stops them anyway?

you can not want him all you want, but the guy doesn't suck

The Kings are a solid defensive team, but they don't block a lot of shots (25th in the league). Wings played their normal puck possession game, but there were a bunch of shots from bad angles and well to the outside. ESPN's gamecast says 29 of the 51 shots came from more than 30 feet away. Another 7 came from impossible angles. That leaves 15 from actual dangerous positions. Datsyuk had 1 shot. A solid game, but in no way did Quick stand on his head a la Tim Thomas or Lundqvist in game 82 last year.