• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Redskins Starting Quarterback Fan Support Therapy

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All IM going to say is this...

On paper, Smith is being handed a vastly more talented team than Kirk had to work with last year. If this team stays relatively healthy, and we dont make the playoffs and win a playoffs game because of Smiths play. One would have to begin to question the talent level of Smith.

Nonsense, While I agree that poor play from Smith requires as much criticism as can be thrown his way for his performances, making the playoffs and winning a game there, has no relation to Kirk. How would we know that Kirk would have done better, worse or about the same as whatever poor performance we're talking about?

Here's the thing, Kirk is gone, but while here, teams that were put together with him amassed records of 9-7, 8-7-1, and 7-9. Smith right now is 0-0 as a starter here. Your wanting to say, "we would have done better with Kirk" if Smith struggles has no basis in fact. I know that there are hurt feeling about his departure and that's OK, but it is as unfair to use Kirk in that way as it is to match Kirk against the Viking team that went 13-3 last season. By that standard we should all lament how much of a failure Kirk is if his team goes 12-4, 11-5, or 10-6. That Bum! :D how dare he go to a Vikings team that ONLY wins 10, 11 or 12 games because his team, on paper, is vastly improved over last year's squad?....I can hear it now, "Keenum would have done better and without the added expense!"

It's all noise now, Kirk is gone, and he ain't coming back, can't we appreciate what he did here and look forward to what this year's team will do?

Last edited:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense, While I agree that poor play from Smith requires as much criticism as can be thrown his way for his performances, making the playoffs and winning a game there, has no relation to Kirk. How would we know that Kirk would have done better, worse or about the same as whatever poor performance we're talking about?

Here's the thing, Kirk is gone, but while here, teams that were put together with him amassed records of 9-7, 8-7-1, and 7-9. Smith right now is 0-0 as a starter here. Your wanting to say, "we would have done better with Kirk" if Smith struggles has no basis in fact. I know that there are hurt feeling about his departure and that's OK, but it is as unfair to use Kirk in that way as it is to match Kirk against the Viking team that went 13-3 last season. By that standard we should all lament how much of a failure Kirk is if his team goes 12-4, 11-5, or 10-6. That Bum! :D how dare he go to a Vikings team that ONLY wins 10, 11 or 12 games because his team, on paper, is vastly improved over last year's squad?....I can hear it now, "Keenum would have done better and without the added expense!"

It's all noise now, Kirk is gone, and he ain't coming back, can't we appreciate what he did here and look forward to what this year's team will do?
Maybe I missed it, but where did shark say this team would do better with Kirk this year? What I take from sharks response is use the same metric to measure Alex. Playoff wins. If he doesn’t win a playoff game with a more talented team, then does he suck? BTW, I think that metric sucks.....

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the lines have been drawn , i was promised better and i expect better period . .

KC with the current roster as constituted should win a playoff game . that should be the expectation . .

CDC, with this team should be a nfc championship game participant if he is better

all this jibber jabber about how i can or cannot project what KC would do is pure BS . i most certainly can and will

without KC last season this team wins 4 games tops because mini CDC wont cut the mustard

personally i am looking forward to an NFC championship appearance for us and you CDC fans should grab your nuts and believe he is capable of that instead of believing he will fail or temper expectations . he is the better qb isnt he ?

so far in OTAS he looks great , his teammates like him and the team had a great draft . he has some good Fa's on his side a bell cow RB and a healthy o/line . the defense should be improved so hell ? why not a NFC title game ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Basically IM not applying a double standard here as some are want to do.

If we had kept Kirk, and handed him the upgrades we are giving to Smith, I would have expected a playoffs appearance and win. And should the team have fallen short of that, I expect many would be lined up to question the talent of Cousins, and the sanity of keeping him.

So IM holding Smith to the EXACT same standards I would be holding Kirk to if he were still the QB in DC. NOthing more, nothing less.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you send a copy of the program to Houston fans?

Some of these people have still never gotten over Vince Young never playing for the Texans.

Our fandom runs deep in many ways Rob.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldnt all this just make me upset that we have a 34 year old game manager at QB who wont win us a SB and who we had to pay up to even get? :noidea:

they have medication for that as well, but i'm not sure if that's covered by insurance.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow - Skins just had what appears to be a good draft & team & even FO is not looking that bad yet some are still harping on this topic. Sigh.

we had a GREAT draft, and i'm looking forward to the season.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, 5he person who started this thread is an Alex Smith nut hugger. He is trying to instigate shit.

i am, and have always been...A REDSKINS NUT HUGGER...see the difference?...of course you don't.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the lines have been drawn , i was promised better and i expect better period . .

KC with the current roster as constituted should win a playoff game . that should be the expectation . .

CDC, with this team should be a nfc championship game participant if he is better

all this jibber jabber about how i can or cannot project what KC would do is pure BS . i most certainly can and will

without KC last season this team wins 4 games tops because mini CDC wont cut the mustard

personally i am looking forward to an NFC championship appearance for us and you CDC fans should grab your nuts and believe he is capable of that instead of believing he will fail or temper expectations . he is the better qb isnt he ?

so far in OTAS he looks great , his teammates like him and the team had a great draft . he has some good Fa's on his side a bell cow RB and a healthy o/line . the defense should be improved so hell ? why not a NFC title game ?

here we go again. who exactly "promised" you this?

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically IM not applying a double standard here as some are want to do.

If we had kept Kirk, and handed him the upgrades we are giving to Smith, I would have expected a playoffs appearance and win. And should the team have fallen short of that, I expect many would be lined up to question the talent of Cousins, and the sanity of keeping him.

So IM holding Smith to the EXACT same standards I would be holding Kirk to if he were still the QB in DC. NOthing more, nothing less.

shark, i agree 100% with that statement...but, i'm a "nut hugger" redskins fan, so my opinion might be skewed a bit.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark, i agree 100% with that statement...but, i'm a "nut hugger" redskins fan, so my opinion might be skewed a bit.

My issue with being a blind homer and pushing the company line is, its entirely too close to being a religious zealot. As in, never questioning the direction the faith you have is being taken in. I believe the team made a mistake in 2012, and continues to compound on that mistake. Smith is just the latest extension of a certain Mr. Allen being unable to admit when he was wrong.

Now Smith is being handed a better roster, the Head Coach has proclaimed without a doubt, we were a better team from the moment we traded for Smith.

So my take, a playoffs appearance and win or bust.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like that! but, we all know dad's pinning down his stance on just a few poster of the hoop...not the majority of redskins fans.

i will, and always have held our starting QB to the highest standards...most important position in today's NFL...and every game he plays matters.

And i get that. But lets not pretend that Kirk wasnt held to unrealistic standards. And that was mostly due to folks upset about him becoming the starter. Now as i have stated, Smith has three things Kirk never had.

1. Talent on the defense
2. What should be a legit NFL RB
3. Unquestioned (for now any way) Support from the front office.

So while I admit, NFC championship or bust might be a little out there. Not by much considering the standards set over the past three years.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with being a blind homer and pushing the company line is, its entirely too close to being a religious zealot. As in, never questioning the direction the faith you have is being taken in. I believe the team made a mistake in 2012, and continues to compound on that mistake. Smith is just the latest extension of a certain Mr. Allen being unable to admit when he was wrong.

Now Smith is being handed a better roster, the Head Coach has proclaimed without a doubt, we were a better team from the moment we traded for Smith.

So my take, a playoffs appearance and win or bust.

i remember your avatar of rg3, it was AWESOME! in 2012 the redskins finally had a QB that was worth a shit, and could actually win some games for us. did it work out long term? no, it didn't.

but, this team over the last 3 season under gruden has won 24 games. philly has 27, boys 26 and the gmen are at 20. i think we are close to contending...but, that's just my nut hugger opinion.

"Now Smith is being handed a better roster"...c'mon bro, join me in the group therapy...it will do your redskins soul some good.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember your avatar of rg3, it was AWESOME! in 2012 the redskins finally had a QB that was worth a shit, and could actually win some games for us. did it work out long term? no, it didn't.

but, this team over the last 3 season under gruden has won 24 games. philly has 27, boys 26 and the gmen are at 20. i think we are close to contending...but, that's just my nut hugger opinion.

"Now Smith is being handed a better roster"...c'mon bro, join me in the group therapy...it will do your redskins soul some good.

2012 taught me one thing about this team.

Trust my instincts.

I thought it was a mistake when we traded for him. I was lulled into thinking I was wrong when we made the playoffs. And then it crashed and burned. The last three years we finally developed a real QB, and the front office ran him off. So my soul is quite fine realizing that i need to trust my gut. And my gut says that Smith is not a better QB, but the team should do better because yes he is being handed a more talented team. Bruce bet against Cousins at every turn. He is finally betting ON his QB again.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trust my instincts.

I thought it was a mistake when we traded for him. I was lulled into thinking I was wrong when we made the playoffs. And then it crashed and burned. The last three years we finally developed a real QB, and the front office ran him off. So my soul is quite fine realizing that i need to trust my gut. And my gut says that Smith is not a better QB, but the team should do better because yes he is being handed a more talented team. Bruce bet against Cousins at every turn. He is finally betting ON his QB again.

with good qb play this season, the results will be close to the same. maybe, better if Alex t

Trust my instincts.

this team has been building talent over the last few years, not just the qb. i think smith will play just as well as our former qb in this system, and will have the respect of other players on the team that he wants to be the qb of this team...could be the difference in games that matter, and those that don't.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with good qb play this season, the results will be close to the same. maybe, better if Alex t

this team has been building talent over the last few years, not just the qb. i think smith will play just as well as our former qb in this system, and will have the respect of other players on the team that he wants to be the qb of this team...could be the difference in games that matter, and those that don't.

And this is where I say you and some others are lowering standards.

We had GOOD QB play the past three years, but the talent level was lacking in quite a few areas. So again, we have (at least on paper) improved the talent level. If Smith is the BETTER QB as we are being told repeatedly, we should finish BETTER than we did last year.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is where I say you and some others are lowering standards.

We had GOOD QB play the past three years, but the talent level was lacking in quite a few areas. So again, we have (at least on paper) improved the talent level. If Smith is the BETTER QB as we are being told repeatedly, we should finish BETTER than we did last year.

jesus bro, the poison post by a few (like 3, maybe 4) over the last couple seasons has really taken it's toll. so all of a sudden, after this years FA signings and successful draft (to be determined) we are a better team talent wise on paper? good grief charlie brown!

of course we have a better roster in 2018, it's what we have been building the last couple seasons...FYI the vikings have a BETTER roster top to bottom, and have a much better QB by your opinion, who should win the SUPER BOWL...all things being equal.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good for you.