• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Rams Fans

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad to see all of the new activity. This board is vastly superior to ESPN and TST but just lacked the people.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro - I wish a few QB's would be selected early so we could get the guys we're interested in pushed down toward our picks! I agree we won't trade up. You are right on about Long and Lacy in the second round.

The current speculation from the Chris Long restructuring is that depending on how are picks go we will have room to sign one free agent in addition to our draft picks. The one free agent will be either Mickell or LB Daryl Smith. I think it is going to be Smith since I'm convinced a safety will be selected early.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see some Rams fans finding the site I've been here for awhile I'll have to remember to check out the site more.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey AHFox. Good to meet you. We, here on the Rams board, are pretty active especially as the season starts to ramp up beginning with the draft and then moving to the OTA's and then camp and onward. You'll like being apart of this board so come and visit with us to here some real good Rams banter because have some of the best Rams fan anywhere!

Ramscub: That would be ideal but alot of teams ahead of us have similar needs as us and the QB class is less than optimal for first round picks. I think we can come out O.K. if we take a WR with 16 and O-lineman with 22 or vice versa. I see us taking Fluker at 16 and Hopkins at 22 and then picking up a couple of big safeties later such as Rambo from Georgia. Then we can snag Lacy in the second or Long if Lacy is gone. That leaves Smith, FA OLB to be the guy over Mikell or signing Mikell later after some cuts. I think Mikell is a last ditch option because he is getting up there and Fisher wants to get bigger and younger in the D-backfield.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Ram-N-It. Nice avi of ED. Go over to the thread started by Blue and check out the '85 championship game against the Caboys and watch 5 minutes of ED running around, through, and over Dallas' D enroute to an ass kickin' that is good for the soul to watch. I am sure you'll love it!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see some Rams fans finding the site I've been here for awhile I'll have to remember to check out the site more.

Yes you do AHFox, the more the merrier!!

One of the main reason I kept on over at the SeeBS boards was because of these folks....

If you love Rams football, you'll love the lot of us!!

It feels weird to say this over here but welcome to the fray!! :suds:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mikell is a last ditch option because he is getting up there and Fisher wants to get bigger and younger in the D-backfield.
The NFLcom draft profile of Matt Elam gives him the player comparison of Mikell. Drafting him is an option if the team wants to move to a younger player while doing the things we did last year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Clayton on teh profile but depending on who is available, I think Elam will be not one of the players we take at 16 or 22 because we can get some pretty darn good and big and young safeties in rounds 3-5 such Rambo and the kid from San Diego whose name escapes me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Kiper said a lot of teams are talking about DJ Swearinger to the point to where he thinks he has move into late 1st-early 2nd contention. Reid and Cyprien look to be Rd 2 guys. Rambo is either rd 2 or rd 3.

The Rams need to get a safety somewhere. When teams spread the Rams out last year, the defense went from excellent to soft (Detroit, New England come to mind)

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Kiper said a lot of teams are talking about DJ Swearinger to the point to where he thinks he has move into late 1st-early 2nd contention. Reid and Cyprien look to be Rd 2 guys. Rambo is either rd 2 or rd 3.

The Rams need to get a safety somewhere. When teams spread the Rams out last year, the defense went from excellent to soft (Detroit, New England come to mind)

Detroit was early and NE was not only NE it was across the pond. Yes they both had to make the travel but NE is closer and didn't go 2-14 the year prior either...

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro & Clayton - The reason for Swearinger's rising draft stock is twofold:

1) The kid has lined up everywhere in the secondary including the slot and plays his heart out.

2) He's the fallback option if the safety you really want is taken ahead of you.

All of the safeties in this year's draft have a deficiency so the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Fisher has his eye on Reid - the #2 rated free safety in this draft in my opinion.

However, safeties who will contribute to an NFL team will be there in the next few rounds - Rambo, Williams, CB/S Cummings from Georgia - P. Thomas from Fresno State, S. Thomas from Syracuse!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramcub: That's the two guys I could not think of that keep appearing as potential later round picks-Swearinger and Thomas out of Fresno State. Along with Rambo, Snead is not in a big hurry to pick a Vaccaro or Elam if other needs players are available at 16 and 22 although I have seen reports from both Walterfootball.com and Foxsports.com that Fisher does like Elam primarily because he is a younger version of Mikell and likes the kid's nasty streak. The Rams certainly have plenty of chances to get one or more of these safeties and we should come out of the draft with some pretty good upgrades at that position.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see depending on how it goes the safety getting picked in the 1st round. I think that Fisher and Snead have thoughs of either Elam or Cyprien in the 1st. For the argument sake say Austin is there at #16. Fisher picks him because in this division with he defenses the 4whinners and Seahags play, a burner is needed in the middle to share space with Cook. I think if the Rams are lucky enough to get Austin, they will trade back at #22 to the end of the 1st or trade for a early spot in the 2nd and a 3rd. Also if Saffold (and by all accounts he is indeed on board to play RT), but if he is moved on draft day for a 2nd or 3rd, I can see a safety, RB and Kyle Long coming off the board by the end of the 2nd round. I also like getting another safety in the 3rd because in this division, it is all about forcing the issue with a strong front 4, which we have, a strong middle LB and we haveLil Animal, 4 or 5 across the backfield and with he new safeties, Finnigan, Jenkins and Johnson, that is a defense that can not only give blows but withstand the pressure our division will give.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi fellas, you won't know me but I followed you here from ESPN backtracking through what's left of CBS. I'm on a few other forums under different names so if you have a list of names to watch out for i'll send them here if I see them. Since I was never at CBS I don't know who KGB was but there's a new account at ESPN - iejoe951 - that seems to fit your general discription. I'm obviously new here too but I helped set up and moderate a private forum very similar to this one so i've got a fair idea how things work. I don't want to tread on any toes so please ask the nice mr. hammer first. :suds:

images

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Misko, Yea we get cookin' pretty quick about the Rams especially with the draft just around the corner.

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro

I remember that game well. Loved the way Dickerson sliced and diced his way through the Dallas D all game long.

It's still one of the best things I hang over Cowboys fans.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro & Blue - You're right - the depth of the safety position does allow us some flexibility in terms of draft strategy - taking the best one early, waiting a round or two, or trading back from #22.

Surprisingly, there seems to be a lot of smoke regarding which safety Fisher really likes and doesn't like! I've now heard it all about all the safeties! I'll stick with Reid being Fisher's guy, but the good news is - we are going to get one of them!