• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Orleans Saints @ Philadelphia Eagles

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints played well tonight, but let's be realistic.... They beat a very average Eagles team. The Eagles one signature win this year was against the Cardinals and they needed pinstripe help to do that. The Eagles played one of the weakest schedules in the NFL this year. Heck, they needed a miracle to beat Kyle Orton and the Cowboys just to get into the playoffs.

Point being, I don't see the game in Seattle being close. The Seahawks defense is 10 times the Eagles defense and the Saints almost lost. I would be surprised if the margin of victory for the Seahawks is less than 14 points.

The Saints got the monkey off their back and won a road playoff game, but doing it again in Seattle.... Good Luck.

Well, actually, the only PLAYOFF team the Eagles beat would be the Packers, not the Cardinals. :suds:

Seriously, though, I wouldn't call the Eagles average any more than I'd call the Hawks average. The Birds were second in the NFC and third overall in points. They led the league in rushing yards and pass defense. They tied for fourth in the league in turnover differential. And yes, their schedule wasn't the strongest, but you don't get to pick who you play. They made the playoffs, which puts them in the top third of the league.

Is Seattle better than Philly or New Orleans? Almost certainly. Did either Philly or New Orleans play their best football today? Almost certainly not. I'd pick the Hawks over the Saints next week, sure. But I'd take the Saints (or the Eagles) at +14 no question.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, actually, the only PLAYOFF team the Eagles beat would be the Packers, not the Cardinals. :suds:

Seriously, though, I wouldn't call the Eagles average any more than I'd call the Hawks average.

They beat Seneca Wallace/Scott Tolzien, not even sure that qualifies as beating a playoff team.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously, though, I wouldn't call the Eagles average any more than I'd call the Hawks average. The Birds were second in the NFC and third overall in points. They led the league in rushing yards and pass defense. They tied for fourth in the league in turnover differential. And yes, their schedule wasn't the strongest, but you don't get to pick who you play. They made the playoffs, which puts them in the top third of the league.

Is Seattle better than Philly or New Orleans? Almost certainly. Did either Philly or New Orleans play their best football today? Almost certainly not. I'd pick the Hawks over the Saints next week, sure. But I'd take the Saints (or the Eagles) at +14 no question.

I think the Eagles had a good year. The reason I said the Cardinals were their Signature win was because I believe they played the Packers with Tolzien.

The Eagles played well enough to make the playoffs and I like what Foles has done this year. I think Chip Kelly's gimmick offense is going to hurt the team in the long run. Teams will get better at defending it. In addition, Kelly's inability to slow the game down when they have a lead is going to hurt them.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bet Yoga. And thanks for your brilliant analysis. You're special. :thumb:

Dat ASU fan so in love with Zona QB Foles he is a Wildcat fan now...Foles is so awesome his bitter rivals love him

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was far more fun to watch than the earlier one. At least both sides were interested in tackling, rushing the passer, and covering. Kudos to both teams--good game.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, i wasn't surprised brees struggled in the cold weather. he always does. however, i was surprised (and this was the difference in the game) that the saints established more of a running game than the eagles. the saints front 7 really stepped up in this one after struggling quite a bit in the regular season.

if the saints front 7 can play like that again next week in seattle, we could have an interesting ball game.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dat ASU fan so in love with Zona QB Foles he is a Wildcat fan now...Foles is so awesome his bitter rivals love him

Lol... I will NEVER be a Wildcat fan. Am I supposed to say Foles sucks because he played on a bitter rival in college? I think everyone would say Foles did a nice job this year.