• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Marshawn commercial.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his acting is pretty good.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVki5waMXck]NFL on Xbox: Watching Highlights with Marshawn Lynch - YouTube[/ame]

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I thought he would look uncomfortable and awkward.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its as much of an Uncomfortable and awkward thing. He did some really funny/good spots when he was on buffalo. you can google them.

I think he was burned at one time or another by the media and decided he's just gonna not talk. Then when the NFL MADE him talk, he lashed out a little, (superbowl, really loud music, one word answers etc. )

I think when he wants to talk, to a friend in the business michael silver, or in an ad like this. or in an interview E:60. he's really good.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just needs to be an environment he is chill in.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its as much of an Uncomfortable and awkward thing. He did some really funny/good spots when he was on buffalo. you can google them.

I think he was burned at one time or another by the media and decided he's just gonna not talk. Then when the NFL MADE him talk, he lashed out a little, (superbowl, really loud music, one word answers etc. )

I think when he wants to talk, to a friend in the business michael silver, or in an ad like this. or in an interview E:60. he's really good.

I was thinking maybe in Buffalo when he got benched a reporter crossed the line with certain questions. I don't blame him or any professional players that don't want to speak to the media if the questioning is ridiculous.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking maybe in Buffalo when he got benched a reporter crossed the line with certain questions. I don't blame him or any professional players that don't want to speak to the media if the questioning is ridiculous.

I go back and forth on that. What bilichick just did, or what cam newton did a week or two ago was stupid.....maybe its different cause theyre coach and qb.....but i hated what they did....so maybe im just a homer for lynch....

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that it's part of being a pro athlete and that it's probably not an aspect of being a pro athlete that is going to change any time soon, but I'm not a big fan of leagues making players talk to the press who don't want to talk to the press. If they don't have anything to say, they shouldn't have to talk.

I was really disappointed in some of our local press back in February for ripping Lynch when he didn't want to talk during Super Bowl week. They didn't get any juicy quotes out of him or much of anything they could use to do their jobs with, so they made his choice not to talk the story and ran with it for a couple of weeks. They had guys there willing to talk their ears off, but all they seemed to want to talk about, once they got everything they could out of the Sherman thing from the NFCCG, was Lynch's unwillingness to talk. The guy didn't want to have his words, or the way he said those words, used against him, something a lot of athletes have to deal with, and I don't blame him. It shouldn't be part of an athlete's job to help a reporter do his or her job, especially if doing so is to the detriment of the player or the team that player plays for.

What are the general outcomes when an athlete gives an interview? We get the seemingly rehearsed/robot/coach-speak interviews that people continue to make fun of Wilson for that really don't contain much substance. We get the unintelligible interviews that lead to the "dumb jock" stereotype all because some guys can't articulate what they're thinking very well or because they have a thick accent that people can't understand. We get interviews with emotionally adrenalized players fresh off of the playing field that the press will dissect for however long they want. We get quotes taken out-of-context that get players in trouble. We get reporters asking the same questions, most of them stupid questions, over and over in an effort to get an outburst from a player, which they then use to write articles about how that player can't control himself.

If the NFL and every other sports league that has a requirement for talking to the press suddenly removed that requirement from their CBA or from player contracts, I honestly think that the press would still get plenty of willing participants and plenty of good material. They just wouldn't be able to try to shame players who have nothing to say into saying something that can be used against them in an article, a blog or a TV blurb to make them look like bad or stupid people.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just needs to be an environment he is chill in.

Ha! 2:37

Vtp71SX.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that it's part of being a pro athlete and that it's probably not an aspect of being a pro athlete that is going to change any time soon, but I'm not a big fan of leagues making players talk to the press who don't want to talk to the press. If they don't have anything to say, they shouldn't have to talk.

I was really disappointed in some of our local press back in February for ripping Lynch when he didn't want to talk during Super Bowl week. They didn't get any juicy quotes out of him or much of anything they could use to do their jobs with, so they made his choice not to talk the story and ran with it for a couple of weeks. They had guys there willing to talk their ears off, but all they seemed to want to talk about, once they got everything they could out of the Sherman thing from the NFCCG, was Lynch's unwillingness to talk. The guy didn't want to have his words, or the way he said those words, used against him, something a lot of athletes have to deal with, and I don't blame him. It shouldn't be part of an athlete's job to help a reporter do his or her job, especially if doing so is to the detriment of the player or the team that player plays for.

What are the general outcomes when an athlete gives an interview? We get the seemingly rehearsed/robot/coach-speak interviews that people continue to make fun of Wilson for that really don't contain much substance. We get the unintelligible interviews that lead to the "dumb jock" stereotype all because some guys can't articulate what they're thinking very well or because they have a thick accent that people can't understand. We get interviews with emotionally adrenalized players fresh off of the playing field that the press will dissect for however long they want. We get quotes taken out-of-context that get players in trouble. We get reporters asking the same questions, most of them stupid questions, over and over in an effort to get an outburst from a player, which they then use to write articles about how that player can't control himself.

If the NFL and every other sports league that has a requirement for talking to the press suddenly removed that requirement from their CBA or from player contracts, I honestly think that the press would still get plenty of willing participants and plenty of good material. They just wouldn't be able to try to shame players who have nothing to say into saying something that can be used against them in an article, a blog or a TV blurb to make them look like bad or stupid people.

In fairness I don't think it was the Seattle media that ripped him for not talking. It was the national media and former local talking head John Clayton that got their panties all twisted up.