• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New kicker time!!!

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be Rob Bironas jokes laying around out there, but Im not picking them up.

The man left behind a widow and plenty of friends and family.

Im just glad we got an Alex after all. (Had one in the first place...)

That's awesome I knew what you meant I'm hoping that you don't become the punchline of an Internet joke one day very tasteless

Wow, quite the sensitive bunch you Lions fans are this morning...after a big win...? Stephen Tulloch did enough celebrating for all of you?

HallofFame

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A dependable placekicker is akin to Gold. Make the right decision, Detroit.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, quite the sensitive bunch you Lions fans are this morning...after a big win...? Stephen Tulloch did enough celebrating for all of you?

We troll each other enough you're going to have to come at us a little bit harder than that that shits weak just go sulk over your loss pal

weak I tell ya

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The man died.

Make fun of Tully all you want. I have been all day via tegs ta tawg.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have seen Henery is accurate but has limited range. Or his mechanics get fucked up when he has to kick a long field goal. If he is accurate to 40 this season great I just get the idea the Lions will want a guy that can be counted on at 50-55 to be 50% at least.

Kickoffs are not the problem as Martin has a huge leg.

Don't listen to these Philly phans. I think they're remembering the missed kicks a lot more than all the kicks he made. He's a career 86% kicker in his three years so far in the league. His low was last year at 82%.

86% is great for a kicker- higher than Hanson's career percentage, if I'm not mistaken. He got out-kicked in camp by a rookie sensation, apparently, otherwise teams don't release a young, accurate kicker like this.

There's no reason he can't be our long-term solution. I'm pretty sure he was drafted, 5th round, I believe. If someone had told Mayhew we could have had Alex Henry prior to the draft, I don't think Freese gets drafted...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe not so much a sensitive bunch as we are not a bunch of insensitive assholes. The dude died, you really think it's funny to make fun of that? I'm sure he had a family and loved ones, since he was, you know, a person, and I'd imagine they wouldn't care much for some dude trying to get a cheap laugh at his expense.

WTF is wrong with some people these days? Apparently we've now turned the corner on the TMZ generation where everyone on TV is simply there for their amusement, alive or dead.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking he was a 4th round pick for some reason. I'd look it up but somebody else will.

K

kengel6

He might be OK in a dome, but you are not going to want this guy kicking for you in Lambeau or Soldier Field in December.

Henery is one of the most mechanically flawless kickers around. He is very precise, very professional, seems like a good guy. Unfortunately, he lacks an NFL leg. He struggled with kickoffs and was pretty inaccurate past 40 yards on FGs, mainly because I think he was having to strain to kick it that far and it messed up his normally great mechanics.

He was the most accurate kicker ever at Nebraska but he's not an ideal NFL kicker.

Hell yes, then bring him to Detroit Mr. Mayhew.:wtf2:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh.

4th round, 120th pick.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh.

4th round, 120th pick.

Haha! I was right! About the pick, wrong about someone not looking it up because I mentioned it.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You knew I would.

We now have a kicker drafted in the 4th round and a punter in the 5th. Them's some talented kickin' legs right thurr.

I think the Philly fans are selling Henry short here. You generally can tell a lot about a kicker by their career percentages and Henry has been stellar overall through 3 seasons in that department.

He definitely wasn't cut for performance issues, he just flat got beat by a better kicker it seems. Looks like the Eagles got lucky on that one and had two NFL caliber kickers to chose from. You don't draft a kicker in the 4th round and then cut him after only 3 years of pretty solid kicking unless he gets beat-out for the spot. His worst year out of three so far is 82%. His best is 89%.

We got lucky here, imo. Henery is an immediate band-aid, but could also produce good long-term results.

Also, I hope we put Nate Freese on the practice squad and pay Jason Hanson to come work with him. You can see the leg talent is there, and he was perfect last year in college, so something's gotta give. Teams always carry two kickers anyways in training camp to guard against injury and such, so why not invest a p-sqaud spot in Freese and invite him back to camp next year to see what he's got. That's what I'd do, anyhow, since you asked and all...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even know who we were tallinbough tbh.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was busy or LP knew his campaign mng always does the dirty work.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We troll each other enough you're going to have to come at us a little bit harder than that that shits weak just go sulk over your loss pal

weak I tell ya

Hell that was weak I guess. I can assist in taking out the trash with trolling.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was busy or LP knew his campaign mng always does the dirty work.

I still don't know who was drafted in the 4th round.

But I do know Ive always liked Nick Fairleys fatass. Always.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda like Bubba's ass in Varsity Blues.