• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Ramsey

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Jalen Ramsey has requested a trade following the Jaguars' Week 2 loss to the Texans that involved a sideline altercation with coach Doug Marrone.
The Jaguars are already going up in flames following an 0-2 start after so much promise heading into the season. They lost Nick Foles for 2-3 months with a broken collarbone before he could even play half of a game in his new digs, and then the team went and laid an egg in Houston against a Texans team that was begging to lose. Ramsey locked down DeAndre Hopkins in the game, but he and Marrone got in a heated screaming match on the sideline, forcing the two to be separated by other defensive backs. Ramsey is signed through 2020 and has yet to get an extension from the Jaguars. The team is already quitting on Marrone. Again. Teams would be wrapped around the building for a chance to acquire Ramsey, one of the best corners in the game, who can press and shadow, and turns 25 next month. The Jaguars have been playing zone defense, one of Ramsey's gripes.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

What are your thoughts?
I would certainly give up a 1st for a shutdown corner entering his prime.
This could propel the defensive unit to championship caliber. We already have an elite DL for stopping the run. Lions play quite a bit of man coverage as well.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am kind of a fan of this. Ramsay is one of those whose baggage is a massive distraction. His talent for sure out weighs it, but he needs to be on a stable team, Which I am not sure the Lions are.

The other impact of that is Slay will be targeted a lot more, and he did not show great for that this week.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am kind of a fan of this. Ramsay is one of those whose baggage is a massive distraction. His talent for sure out weighs it, but he needs to be on a stable team, Which I am not sure the Lions are.

The other impact of that is Slay will be targeted a lot more, and he did not show great for that this week.

The commentators were saying Slay got owned but I wouldn't say so. A hall of fame QB and top 3 route runner (in his prime) in the entire NFL with something like 13-15 targets. Of course he is going to make some catches. I don't care who the CB is on the other side. Slay still held him under 100 yards receiving.

I do agree about the Lions being a dysfunctional ass franchise but the Patriots can't get EVERYONE. These are the kind of gambles that can make or break a GM's career. I doubt conservative Bob would have the balls to pull it off.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could use 1 more. Melvin only has a 1 year deal and Slay's contract is coming next year too.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He talks too much.

And will cost too much soon. Rather use the first on a guy who hasn't demanded a trade yet. And costs a third of the cap space.

Like the Oruwariye pick. Has t taken a snap yet.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pharroh Cooper is available too. We could use a new return guy and a backup WR.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The commentators were saying Slay got owned but I wouldn't say so. A hall of fame QB and top 3 route runner (in his prime) in the entire NFL with something like 13-15 targets. Of course he is going to make some catches. I don't care who the CB is on the other side. Slay still held him under 100 yards receiving.

Filed away just for future references.

You surely didn't feel that way when Slay was torched by Demaryius Thomas (he was at the top of his game during that time) at Denver 4 or so years ago.

Keenan was/is explosive off the LOS and in/out of his breaks and this is coming from a WR who was dinged for his 4.71 pro day results all the while coming off an injury to his acl which made him miss the combine workouts.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey is easily worth a 1st round pick and a conditional 4th rd., imo. His talent is undeniable. His mouth and maturity is a whole other issue to deal with.

Ramsey's 5th round option is going to cost 13+M next year and imo he's going to ask for a minimum of 16M average per year if not 17M and most likely for a least 5-6 years.

He will set the market sometime next year for CB's. I'm not sure he's worth that amount while also having Slay on the roster at the same time.

If you trade for him and he doesn't extend his contract then you'll have paid a 1st round pick (possibly a conditional pick to boot) to Jax for a 2019/2020 rental. Obviously the other side of that scenario is if he ends up as an almost 2 year rental and he signs elsewhere as a FA in 2021 then you'll most assuredly receive a 3rd round comp pick in 2022 for him.

CB Melvin would become expendable immediately if they did trade for Ramsey so there's a possibility for a next year 5th or 6th round trade value in Melvin.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could use 1 more. Melvin only has a 1 year deal and Slay's contract is coming next year too.

The one area being overlooked is that by possibly trading for Ramsey and hoping he signs an extension is that after this year BQ could either extend Slay for an additional 1-2 years or you let Slay play out his contract next year and let him walk after 2020 (also while hoping Slay doesn't hold out in 2020). Some team would sign Slay to a fairly lucrative contract on 2021 unless his talent drops drastically between now and then. That could possibly be for a 3rd-4th round comp pick in 2021

Slay will be 30 in 2021 and Ramsey 26 in 2021

This could give Oruwariye time to develop as the other outside CB#2 and hopefully have him ready for 2021.

Last edited:

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Filed away just for future references.

You surely didn't feel that way when Slay was torched by Demaryius Thomas (he was at the top of his game during that time) at Denver 4 or so years ago.

Keenan was/is explosive off the LOS and in/out of his breaks and this is coming from a WR who was dinged for his 4.71 pro day results all the while coming off an injury to his acl which made him miss the combine workouts.

Listen, I am a shining beacon of positive light towards all Lions players and management and will defend them against all naysayers.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you trade for him and he doesn't extend his contract then you'll have paid a 1st round pick (possibly a conditional pick to boot) to Jax for a 2019/2020 rental. Obviously the other side of that scenario is if he ends up as an almost 2 year rental and he signs elsewhere as a FA in 2021 then you'll most assuredly receive a 3rd round comp pick in 2022 for him.

when I wrote this I thought it was only a 1st. Not 2 of them.

If it was just a first then year. Then yeah, we can play Patriots game and get a 3rd back in return for 2 years of elite cover corner play.
Looks like the price maybe a little high at this time.