• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New guy

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to SportsHoopla folks

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha. A couple of you asked why I didn't mention Steve Young. Yeah, I know he's in the HOF. I deliberately left him out because I really don't think he deserves to be.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Say what????? Lay off the booze this early my man.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Can't help it. I never was a Young fan. If Seifert had kept Joe we would already have had our 5th and 6th Super Bowls. Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. Actually I think we might have won in '91 if they'd gotten Bono in there earlier. Young really stunk it up that year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2: not a Young fan?????

that's it!

dracarys-o.gif

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, Serious question:

In what order would you rank these 5 semi-contemporary quarterbacks? (by semi, I mean they were all playing at the same time, even though there was some age disparity)

Troy Aikman
Steve Young
John Elway
Bret Favre
Dan Marino

Me, I put Young a distant 5th.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ha ha. A couple of you asked why I didn't mention Steve Young. Yeah, I know he's in the HOF. I deliberately left him out because I really don't think he deserves to be.

He Blasphemes!!

Let's stone his a$$ to death. :lm::brick:

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OK, Serious question:

In what order would you rank these 5 semi-contemporary quarterbacks? (by semi, I mean they were all playing at the same time, even though there was some age disparity)

Troy Aikman
Steve Young
John Elway
Bret Favre
Dan Marino

That is tough but no way I'd put Young at a distant 5th in that list - that would be Aikman. I'd take Warren Moon over Aikman. Favre was overrated but won. I have a bias putting Elway at the top of any list because I never liked the guy. It's really hard to put Marino at #1 without a SB.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Can't help it. I never was a Young fan. If Seifert had kept Joe we would already have had our 5th and 6th Super Bowls. Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. Actually I think we might have won in '91 if they'd gotten Bono in there earlier. Young really stunk it up that year.

Steve Young and the 1994 49ers already won the 5th Super Bowl for the 49ers.

Ha, you don't count Young as a HOF QB and don't count his SB win either?. Man, you're one of those fans who really really hated the switch from Montana to Young huh? I hadn't realized anyone hated the move that much still. I thought most people got over it after the 1994 SB win.

Well, thats cool, I guess. Doesn't make any sense to me, but, good luck with all of that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OK, Serious question:

Troy Aikman
Steve Young
John Elway
Bret Favre
Dan Marino

tough question and the differences aren't huge between EACH rank. but IMO Young would rank after only Favre.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Steve Young and the 1994 49ers already won the 5th Super Bowl for the 49ers.

Ha, you don't count Young as a HOF QB and don't count his SB win either?. Man, you're one of those fans who really really hated the switch from Montana to Young huh? I hadn't realized anyone hated the move that much still. I thought most people got over it after the 1994 SB win.

Well, thats cool, I guess. Doesn't make any sense to me, but, good luck with all of that.

yeah at the time, nobody liked moving away from Montana. but hard as it was, we had to look ahead. there would be no exact perfect time, but the move to Young was correct.

got over it much sooner than the '94 SB, cause it is team first, player second.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi all,

I'm new to the board, so I thought I'd introduce myself: I'm a long time fan of the 49ers. I never instigate stuff. I hated the Alex Smith era with a passion. even when the team got so good they could win, even with him, I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

On the other hand, I'm extremely happy now we have a real quarterback in Kaepernick. IMO, this kid could end up being great, as in almost, possibly, maybe, hopefully, someone who might someday be mentioned in the same breath as Joe. He does have awesome potential. It's amazing isn't it? Most teams never have that one HOF QB and we have a very good candidate for a second one.

Anyway, I'm very excited about the season - and it's almost here. Go 49ers!

So you've never heard of Steve Young?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the heck is Steve Young?

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robotic:

You may disagree with me, but I am no idiot and neither was the post. Maybe you ought to read everything, then take a minute to think before making those kinds of statements. That advice was gratis (that means free).