• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New GM & Head Coach

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, JDR did enough to win that game.. Heck he had your D rank top 5 all year!! Put the blame where it belongs dude.. PM is shot man, that happens as we get older.. Then that super green OC you got got schooled by Pagano and his staff.. It is what it is dude.. Im not hating dude, just telling it as it is..
It don't matter, the Nation is happy with JDR.. And if he can get Trestman and smith?? Big time score..

You obviously did not watch the Broncos much this year or pay attention to our board. JDR has been cussed up and down by Bronco fans. Yes we had a top-5 defense in many categories but the issue was in big games against good quarterbacks he could not get this defense ready. Now I will agree the defense was not the main issue in this last playoff game but the same issues still surfaced in when we needed a stop the defense could not get it done. I mean in the 4th quarter the Colts had like an 8 minute drive to seal the game. The defense could get no pressure even though we have what looks like one of the best defensive lines in the NFL. Honestly Bronco fans are celebrating Del Rio being gone after how poorly this team played this year. His defenses were so vanilla that it was easy to tell exactly what he was going to do. Also be prepared to see Mack dropping back into coverage about 50% of the time like he did with Von Miller.

Now having said that he is a decent coach. He isn't one that is going to get you to a Super Bowl though. He could maybe get you a playoff birth or two in the next 8 years (which I guess is better than what you have had) but overall his time in Denver was a pretty big disappointment. I tried to justify some of what he would do but this year he made that impossible with many of his decisions.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously did not watch the Broncos much this year or pay attention to our board. JDR has been cussed up and down by Bronco fans. Yes we had a top-5 defense in many categories but the issue was in big games against good quarterbacks he could not get this defense ready. Now I will agree the defense was not the main issue in this last playoff game but the same issues still surfaced in when we needed a stop the defense could not get it done. I mean in the 4th quarter the Colts had like an 8 minute drive to seal the game. The defense could get no pressure even though we have what looks like one of the best defensive lines in the NFL. Honestly Bronco fans are celebrating Del Rio being gone after how poorly this team played this year. His defenses were so vanilla that it was easy to tell exactly what he was going to do. Also be prepared to see Mack dropping back into coverage about 50% of the time like he did with Von Miller.

Now having said that he is a decent coach. He isn't one that is going to get you to a Super Bowl though. He could maybe get you a playoff birth or two in the next 8 years (which I guess is better than what you have had) but overall his time in Denver was a pretty big disappointment. I tried to justify some of what he would do but this year he made that impossible with many of his decisions.

Right, cd, but now he will have his own DC to delegate to, and as you have said no shortage of criticism from Denver fans, hopefully he will learn from that.

JDR is coming home, word is he wanted this job badly and I think he has learned from his experiences. He obviously knows what a meat grinder the HC position in Oakland has been, I expect he will be prepared for that, Reggie has a ton on the line right now, I can't imagine they won't be putting their heads together and building a winning program. Anything less will be outright failure.

Trestman is rumored to be in line for the OC, I honestly don't have a clue who the DC should be, an aggressive blitzing guy?

Who do we got?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, cd, but now he will have his own DC to delegate to, and as you have said no shortage of criticism from Denver fans, hopefully he will learn from that.

JDR is coming home, word is he wanted this job badly and I think he has learned from his experiences. He obviously knows what a meat grinder the HC position in Oakland has been, I expect he will be prepared for that, Reggie has a ton on the line right now, I can't imagine they won't be putting their heads together and building a winning program. Anything less will be outright failure.

Trestman is rumored to be in line for the OC, I honestly don't have a clue who the DC should be, an aggressive blitzing guy?

Who do we got?

Again not saying he is a bad hire by you guys just think he is kind of a bland coach. Kind of like what the Broncos had with Fox in he can help you get some wins and will be a steady presence. The issue becomes can a guy like Del Rio help you win the big games when the pressure is escalated? So far he has proven that he struggles in those type of situations. He is a great defensive mind and does a great job coaching up players. Probably my biggest issue though with him in he does not look at the talents of the player. Either you fit his scheme or you don't. There is no creativity of putting your players in the best place to succeed kind of thing. A great example is the use of Von Miller since you guys have such a similar player in Mack. Miller on a very regular basis was asked to drop back into coverage even on obvious passing downs. So he was taking a player whose greatest strength is getting after the quarterback and having them do their worst part of their game in dropping back into coverage. To me that is very much weakening the defense by doing stunts like that. Now I understand mixing things up to confuse a quarterback but this was being done on a regular basis. So again just not maximizing the talent of the players on the field. It honestly is a big reason the team struggled all year at different times in the coaches just were not great at maximizing the fact the Broncos had one of the most talented rosters we have ever had.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if del rio isn't calling defense..hes definitely not calling offense...not sure what hes going to do besides cheer on the team..he can do that from stands.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders made a good move today hiring Del Rio. It'll be interesting to see who he hires for his staff. Another positive move for a franchise on their way back from NFL Siberia.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDR wants Trestman as the OC.