• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New favorite to be Head Coach

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! What a small world!

Crazy thing is I didn't realize it until a classmate mentioned him and then I remembered him. Funny thing is being such an outspoken media guy he was so low key and under the radar in school. He hardly said a word to anyone outside of a couple of his close friends.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew I didn't like Baalke for a reason being a Parcells disciple is enough of one for me. Also if the 49ers give up anything earlier that a 4th round pick to get Payton, York and Baalke should be drawn and quartered on the Golden Gate Bridge

I know. I still like Payton though. Think he is a good coach if the 49ers don't have to give up too much to get him.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew I didn't like Baalke for a reason being a Parcells disciple is enough of one for me. Also if the 49ers give up anything earlier that a 4th round pick to get Payton, York and Baalke should be drawn and quartered on the Golden Gate Bridge

I completely agree

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of you people who are hesitant on giving up a higher draft pick for Payton need to step back and look at the reality.

The reality is, this franchise is considered by most to be a laughingstock around the NFL. There are several names being floated around as possible HC's all over the league, and I guarantee you that most will not really look our way because of the culture and reputation the 49ers are known for currently. The situation now, is much worse than before we hired Harbaugh...and I said then we needed a 'rock star' guy to salvage the ship.

If...and I mean IF someone with the cache of Sean Payton becomes available (and I'm still not quite believing it) then the Niners really should make a major push to get him. We aren't in a position to dictate terms to many people. We can't just turn people around to the trophy case and say 'tradition!' They simply respond with...'I heard what happened with Adam Gase last year' (assuming the story is true) and walk out the door. Payton would be a 'get-out-of-jail-free' card, when we probably should serve a full penalty, ie years more of Tomsulas and Singletarys. If giving up a higher pick is SF's way out of the gutter in the minds of the NFL, then we might have to pay that penalty, and move on.

Of course...if the Saints start demanding two 1st rounders and such, well.....

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of you people who are hesitant on giving up a higher draft pick for Payton need to step back and look at the reality.

The reality is, this franchise is considered by most to be a laughingstock around the NFL. There are several names being floated around as possible HC's all over the league, and I guarantee you that most will not really look our way because of the culture and reputation the 49ers are known for currently. The situation now, is much worse than before we hired Harbaugh...and I said then we needed a 'rock star' guy to salvage the ship.

If...and I mean IF someone with the cache of Sean Payton becomes available (and I'm still not quite believing it) then the Niners really should make a major push to get him. We aren't in a position to dictate terms to many people. We can't just turn people around to the trophy case and say 'tradition!' They simply respond with...'I heard what happened with Adam Gase last year' (assuming the story is true) and walk out the door. Payton would be a 'get-out-of-jail-free' card, when we probably should serve a full penalty, ie years more of Tomsulas and Singletarys. If giving up a higher pick is SF's way out of the gutter in the minds of the NFL, then we might have to pay that penalty, and move on.

They aren't demanding 2 but they want a first, that is way too much especially considering how high the 49ers are picking.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

just get to the bottom line, what would you give up to obtain Sean Payton?

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not giving up a 1st or 2nd for Payton. Especially with how high we pick a 2 is almost a 1st anyway. I'm especially not paying those picks when rumors were coming out earlier in the season Payton was going to be let go anyway. All of this will depend on what Payton wants anyway and he'll be able to dictate how this goes.

If he really wants to come to SF and be closer to his daughter like reported, he can easily tell Saints management he doesn't want to be there and work out a lower draft pick as comp. They'll do it as they don't want a coach who doesn't want to be there. If Payton doesn't want to come to SF then we won't be trading for him anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Payton to be our HC over anyone else available, but not at that high a price..... Of course it may not matter if Baalke screws up another draft, but that's another story.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I may interject. As Per Usual my Intentions are good. I want the rivalry back.

I'd take a look at someone who knows alot of offense and a thang or 5 about defense.

Sean Payton knows shit about defense. You take a look at the years in NO. The only good year they had is when Gregg Willams (the all mighty DC gawd) was the DC. The rest were shit because the offense was the team and you can't play shootout football every game. He got to the "dance" with above average Defenses 3 years (2006, 2010 and 2012) but didn't come home with the prettiest girl or the hottest one.

If i were York. Start with Saban. He is probably the most balanced mind of all of the Candidates.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue Jackson may be the best candidate available.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I may interject. As Per Usual my Intentions are good. I want the rivalry back.

I'd take a look at someone who knows alot of offense and a thang or 5 about defense.

Sean Payton knows shit about defense. You take a look at the years in NO. The only good year they had is when Gregg Willams (the all mighty DC gawd) was the DC. The rest were shit because the offense was the team and you can't play shootout football every game. He got to the "dance" with above average Defenses 3 years (2006, 2010 and 2012) but didn't come home with the prettiest girl or the hottest one.

If i were York. Start with Saban. He is probably the most balanced mind of all of the Candidates.

Saban hasn't been mentioned as a possible replacement nor has any other college coaches I am aware of. Can't say I've followed New Orleans that closely. I know their defense has been suspect over the past few years. I am wondering how much the salary cap and loss of players has hurt them. I know they were in pretty bad shape with the cap there for awhile.