• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New England Patriots fined $1.1 million, lose draft pick in film crew fallout

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall a judge determining the the NFL stacked it's deck. The judge was a New York judge. The decision to overrule that judge was based on the commissioner having complete authority, including the authority to stack the deck.

In light of this you can't conclude the Pats cheated only that they cheated in the past so it's believable they cheated again.

Judge Berman was his name.
He determined that there was not the evidence to suspend Brady.
The NFL appealed that decision by the fact that in the CBA the verbage was Goodell could indeed suspend any player, at any time, for any reason, with or without proof or cause. Supreme court of NY upheld that and even stated after that they suspension being upheld was not due to any guilt but due to the CBA giving Goodell the right to suspend without any guilt.
CrankeeRebel just likes to be a contrarian.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to get the feeling the Patriots are not an honest organization

Mehh I have always maintained the Pats have cheated, I just don't fell it would have changed anything. I think we still have 6 Lombardi's, GOAT QB, GOAT Coach, Perhaps GOAT Owner. A lot of fans across the board refuse to see the tarnish on their team trophy case, it happens teams cheat whoopy. I just don't the absolute denial of some fans.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mehh I have always maintained the Pats have cheated, I just don't fell it would have changed anything. I think we still have 6 Lombardi's, GOAT QB, GOAT Coach, Perhaps GOAT Owner. A lot of fans across the board refuse to see the tarnish on their team trophy case, it happens teams cheat whoopy. I just don't the absolute denial of some fans.
Man I have got to slow down when I write. This was horrible.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can and I have and it did happen the Pats need to play by the same rules as every other team, teams that gave Roger the authority. Look you think the Pats don't or didn't cheat say's more about you than me.

This team does and has cheated its beyond contestation
I see that you seeing only what you want. The league broke common rules for due process. Innocent before proven guilty is a standard and the process used by the league made it not possible to prove guilt. Just because Roger has the power to not use due process does not change that.

This thing was, is, and always will be a farce, even if they took a slight amount of air out of the balls.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that you seeing only what you want. The league broke common rules for due process. Innocent before proven guilty is a standard and the process used by the league made it not possible to prove guilt. Just because Roger has the power to not use due process does not change that.

This thing was, is, and always will be a farce, even if they took a slight amount of air out of the balls.

Live your lie I don't care the Pats are cheaters. are in the history books as cheaters and have been proven to be cheaters. You can rationalize all you want, you can view the world through your rose colored glasses I really do not care. Spygate, Delfategate, Filmgate and I suspect they are not done.

See it how you want I will not continue to argue with someone incapable of accepting the basic facts that they got busted and penalized multiple times. If you see that as being a pristine image more power to you.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live your lie I don't care the Pats are cheaters. are in the history books as cheaters and have been proven to be cheaters. You can rationalize all you want, you can view the world through your rose colored glasses I really do not care. Spygate, Delfategate, Filmgate and I suspect they are not done.

See it how you want I will not continue to argue with someone incapable of accepting the basic facts that they got busted and penalized multiple times. If you see that as being a pristine image more power to you.
What lie am I living?

Is it that the Pats were found guilty of filming from a wrong location and not of illegally filming signals?

Is it that there wasn't sufficient proof that the balls were actually deflated?

I've never stated I think the team is Polly Anna clean, just that the indiscretions are less serious than the punishments the league hands out. A big part of the punishment for spygate was a letter warning teams not to do it, and BB ignored it. Maybe the punishment should have been for contempt of league policy instead. The key here is this: If it's okay to film signals from one location, but not another then there was never a competitive advantage gained. Any infraction that doesn't give a competitive advantage can't be classified as cheating. But the league allowed the incident to be perceived that way.

Deflategate was a sting gone bad. An equally serious policy violation was a Colts equipment manager tampering with balls, but that's okay because his motive was pure.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have been proven to be cheaters.

You keep saying that...
Besides 2007 when Bill fully admitted and took full accountability for his misinterpretation of when and where he could film and when he could view said film, please post a link of said proof or at least let us know where your getting your info of proof.
Cuz I have read A LOT of hypothesis and conjecture that has been debunked by professionals and smart people, and not a bit of proof. Furthermore, Goodell admitted in 2016 that the draft loss and Brady's suspension was for "Past transgressions".

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"wrong location"

that is fucking hilarious

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, I guess i posted in the "wrong location" to expect anything less that that response.

adorable.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not pissing me off but I do think you're wrong. There's no way Belichick was involved in this latest filming operation. It was a documentary that involved watching the other teams sidelines. Makes sense to film it.

Spygate was a media driven bs scandal. Other teams did it, it wasn't a big deal, and the NFL should've said so instead of letting the media run with the cheating narrative. But it was the Patriots so they let it go.

Tom Brady told the ball boy to let some air out of the balls. Once again, not a big deal, but ya this is the only "scandal" that has legs in my opinion, regardless of how minor and infraction.

If everyone is doing it, then why are the Pats the only ones getting caught?

Are you telling us that BB and Co. and all their “genius” are not smart enough to not get caught, but every other team in the league is?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think a lot of them actually believe everybody is cheating. but only the patriots are being targeted.

it helps with their victim mentality.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asshole - he was telling you BB and Co. were not involved.

right!

because some low level Pats employees take it upon themselves to film other teams.

if you believe that, there is ocean from property in AZ I can sell you.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right!

because some low level Pats employees take it upon themselves to film other teams.

Try to conceive this: Yes, teams have more than one set of video crews; 1 for football operations; and 1 for media purposes. I can't say how many have their own media production companies which produce content (read "their own television shows") but the Cowboys probably have their own channel. The Patriots's media production crew was caught.

You may not like this answer but that does not make it less valid. Could BB have orchestrated the the action? Of course, but as face value the whole thing is just a mistake by an inexperienced staffer. Filming signals from the back where the signals can't be seen? Taking a risk against a team that was competing for the worst record in the league? Were they trying to help the Bengals get the first pick and hinder the dolphins?

None of this adds up.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right!

If you believe Belichick facilitated a scheme to film the backside of an upcoming opponent’s sideline while leaving the camera unattended in front of that team’s coaching staff, I have a hot steamy mug of you’re a fucking moron to sell you.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe Belichick facilitated a scheme to film the backside of an upcoming opponent’s sideline while leaving the camera unattended in front of that team’s coaching staff, I have a hot steamy mug of you’re a fucking moron to sell you.

But Bill is such an evil genius he would try that because nobody would suspect him to be that stupid.